Dynadot

Replacement for ExpiredDomains.net email alerts

Located in Domain Expiration and Domain Drop Catching started by Daniel15, May 7, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Daniel15

Daniel15 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I really like ExpiredDomains' email alert service. You can configure a saved search, and then it emails you whenever domains match the search query (both expired domains as well as domains for auction on Sedo, Flippa, GoDaddy, etc)

Unfortunately it looks like it's being discontinued. I saw this on my most recent ExpiredDomains.net email alert:

Does anyone know of a similar service?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. golan

golan Leo.Domains Gold Account VIP

pool.com

3. Daniel15

Do they support advanced searches? I have a few searches with ExpiredDomains that I haven't been able to replicate with other services (eg. domains containing a particular keyword that are 5 characters or less). Flippa's search works well, but obviously that just searches Flippa.

4. golan

golan Leo.Domains Gold Account VIP

No, you just set up keywords and they send you daily emails. Simple.

5. Daniel15

I'm only looking for short domains, so just a keyword isn't sufficient (as I want to restrict it by length). I'm emailing the owner of ExpiredDomains.net to see if they have an API I can call, in which case I'll just write my own script to run once per day.

6. Picassoface

Picassoface Active Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Justdropped does it....pay service

7. creataweb

creataweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Why is it discontinued? I just saw the email today.

8. DomainBoxio

DomainBoxio domainbox.io Gold Account VIP

My sentiments, exactly @Daniel15 The ExpiredDomain.net email is the only email I always read!

9. DnameAgame

DnameAgame BrandPlease.com, see [email protected] BuyNa.me Gold Account

HI, are you looking for a service to replicate the options that were available in ExpiredDomains? Or are you looking for other search options, and were some of the options you had available previously - not useful?

I'm asking because I am working a a product that will grab expired/ing + auctions and allow search on those by whatever parameters you want, even just a complete xls download to use as wanted. At the moment I have it pulling all auctions from NameJet (initial testing) and that working perfectly, so adding other sources and search parameter may not be a big deal (may-will know when testing hahah).

If I could get a better idea of what the "requirements" or spec of the best case scenario - I can see if that can be incorporated into the scope of the product I'm working on.
    thanks,
    Brian

10. pier0

pier0 Established Member

Have you heard back about the API?

11. Daniel15

GDPR. Here's the discussion I've had with the creator of the site:

Me:
    Them:
    Me:
    Them:
    @pier0 No API yet, unfortunately.

12. Daniel15

Just basic options like domain length and keywords. I don't use any of the fancier options. I like that ExpiredDomains supports a large number of TLDs rather than just .com and .net.

13. anantj

anantj Active Member VIP

Tagging @kostaki who owns, operates and develops ExpiredDomains.net

14. hal

hal Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I asked Marco to at least show the new domains for each saved search on one page in a similar format to the emails.

That way it would be easy to check the new results.

If anyone else is interested please indicate your interest here or email him.

15. anantj

anantj Active Member VIP

You can filter the saved search for "In the last 24 hours" and this will give you the same result as the e-mail

16. hal

hal Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes true. But if you have multiple saved searches you have to go through them one by one.

17. anantj

anantj Active Member VIP

Depending on the filters, you anyway have to. I assume you were aware that the e-mails only included a truncated list of the search query result...

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: