IT.COM

auctions ѕех.com in auction – How much will it sell for?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The domain name ѕех.com is now listed for sale
And yet, this domain, that boasts 703 offer views and 43 bids, is in fact an IDN domain, consisting of non-ASCII characters.
sex-com-auction.jpg

Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ridiculous. Non-English name.

You are about to bid on a domain name that contains special non-English characters (i.e. "ä","ö","ü","á","é", "í") and is anINTERNATIONALIZED DOMAIN (IDN). Technically the domain is: XN--E1A6A7B.COM

•••
•••
THIS WILL BE INTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST....I WOULD LOVE TO UNLOAD CONSIDERSEX.COM SO I AM ANXIOUS TO SEE WHAT THIS GOES FOR!

•••
As there is not yet a "fake domain posing as a real domain" section on NP this pile of garbage should be hidden away in the not a real IDN discussion section, should not be given publicity !

•••
OK sorry for asking this but unless you punch in XN--E1A6A7B.COM how else would you get to that domain.

Where is @KINGOF.TOP when I need him, he is the expert on this?

•••
^^^ Get keyboard language pack for computer and you can type it in, copy and paste the actual idn, type in puny code which is XN--XXXXXXX etc. It's a bit confusing.

•••
I wonder how many bidders don't realize what they're bidding on

•••
^ It says right there about it but you're probably on to something..

•••
OK sorry for asking this but unless you punch in XN--E1A6A7B.COM how else would you get to that domain.

Where is @KINGOF.TOP when I need him, he is the expert on this?

It's called mixed script. Using letters/characters from different languages to create what looks like a real English language word and there is only one reason and that is to try to fool people in to buying something that it is not. Exactly what is happening on Sedo right now.
Very doubful if the "lucky winner" will pay for it when the realize what they have got. Happened on Sedo quite a few times, and on NP's.

•••
^ It says right there about it but you're probably on to something..

My grade 10 science teacher once told me that half the world is stupid and to assume you are dealing with that half until they prove you otherwise.

I like to use the word ignorant instead of stupid myself.

That said....

Do you really think somebody somewhere wont know what they are bidding on? They will see 5k and think what a bargain., just click a box and bid. Then the regrets will come and they will sit on pins and needles waiting for someone else to bid. :nailbiting:

•••
this pile of garbage should be hidden away in the not a real IDN discussion section
Would you rather have a newbie spend thousands of dollars on this domain or raise awareness that it is an IDN? DomainGang did the right thing by publishing it. Calm your overeager horses.

•••
Sedo has mentioned "You are about to bid on a domain name that contains special non-English characters (i.e. "ä","ö","ü","á","é", "í") and is anINTERNATIONALIZED DOMAIN (IDN). Technically the domain is: XN--E1A6A7B.COM" under the location where you can place your bid.

•••
Sedo protected their ass for sure, seller maybe not so much.

•••
Sedo has mentioned "You are about to bid on a domain name that contains special non-English characters (i.e. "ä","ö","ü","á","é", "í") and is anINTERNATIONALIZED DOMAIN (IDN). Technically the domain is: XN--E1A6A7B.COM" under the location where you can place your bid.
It reads like a tiny-printed Terms and Conditions checkbox that most click without reading. Add to that the money-blinders of excitement around owning sex.com :greedy: and it's not good enough!

sedo-sucks.png

Last edited:
•••
If u have IDN and you want to sell it . sedo is best place . (y)

•••
•••
It reads like a tiny-printed Terms and Conditions checkbox that most click without reading. Add to that the money-blinders of excitement around owning sex.com :greedy: and it's not good enough!
I just worry about the bidders who don't use English well....they will ignore that and place their bids. By the way, I don't know how to use with IDN, if someone give it to me free I will not take it for sure.

•••
plus Flippa.com

I don't like flippa but .io and tech related domain do well there. while as .com , .de , ccTld and IDN do well on Sedo mainly because of German traffic .

•••
People will do anything for a few dollars.

•••
Would you rather have a newbie spend thousands of dollars on this domain or raise awareness that it is an IDN? DomainGang did the right thing by publishing it. Calm your overeager horses.

I remember the time that Sedo stopped allowing mixed script domains. Not for long because there are still suckers out there and commission counts.

If they added something like "Although this looks like a real English word it is in fact mixed script which basically has no meaning". to the IDN feature.

Acro did the right thing as it appears there are new marks born every day and many people, particularly on this forum,actually advocating their use.

•••
Thats mean of you op. Your title made me horny but the description made me lose interest.

•••
Thats mean of you op. Your title made me horny but the description made me lose interest.
That made me LOL! :ROFL:

Not for long because there are still suckers out there and commission counts.
That's one of many reasons I hate Sedo's money-hungry, greedy self.

•••
•••
plus Flippa.com

I heard Flippa and Sedo are going to merge and the new brand will be called sucka.com

The auction marketplace for all your fake domain needs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back