Dynadot

offers Ever say no to this? Bought on Friday $600, Offered $5000 on Saturday.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
So I bought a name that was catchy because it was a nickname I used for my son for $600 on Friday. Two days later, someone offers 1k for it..I say no..they raise it eventually to $5,000. It was hard, but I still said no.

Sometime sons are more important!

;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hmmmm you can get alot for your son for 5k haha

•••
I've turned down high offers before that I have regretted later on, but this particular scenario has never happened to me.

Well done for holding onto it, family comes first :xf.smile:

•••
Never know they might comeback with an even higher offer.

•••
I'm quite sure they will. After some research, they need it. I just don't know what my breaking point will be.

Never know they might comeback with an even higher offer.

•••
Now I'm curious what this domain is....?

•••
My experience.....

If you don't take that offer you will regret it severely in the future.

They will move on from your name and find another.

When you contact them in a year, they will say no thanks.

Been there....done that.

•••
•••
Consider renaming your child :xf.laugh:
f3aa3ff2413b9f87ebd98ce6c0f32e8b.jpg

•••
The key is how you got into the domain. If hand reg it probably needs to be an 'In the news" senario. If it was dropped and caught someone else wanted it on the drop too but was clueless on dropping, now wants the name badly.

Then there is two others. !) Appraisal scam aet up, and 2) Someone just Dicking with you.

I see now you likely straight up bought it from someone else. Could just be a random timing thing or the seller having some fun with (sad but once in a while things like that happen)

Good Luck

Last edited:
•••
haha..love that rename bit.. The name was from a drop..The person / company that wants it was not one of the bidders. I honestly feel bad for them but my son may want to do something with it when he's older. he has a few years to go though.

•••
•••
Lease it, let your son decide what to do when he's old enough.

•••
hmmmm you can get alot for your son for 5k haha

Wisest words... I would rather take the $5000 and get my son something spectacular, plus the fact that the son could grow up not to like the domain name or see no value in it and then he let it drop.

•••
Will your son keep his nickname as he grows up? How will he use the name? The 5 grand could help him to gain an appreciation of business and commerce, and that could be worth a lot more than $5,000.

•••
•••
Never had it happen , but in all honesty if i could make $4,600 in one day i would have solt that faster then a ferrari ;)

•••
10 points for holding out dude... much respect.

Problem is now, $5k was difficult for you to hold out on... if they jumped from $1k to $5k ...they are probably shocked that you turned it down... watch them come back and make a $15k - $20k offer now... lol.

Keep us in the loop, I would love to know if I called it right. :)

**You could sell it and buy the name in nGTLD. Like a vanity domain... like: Name.Rocks or something like that.

Last edited:
•••
my sons don't like the nicknames I gave them when they were young.

•••
$5k is a huge amount and you can buy a lot of important stuff for your child. You can always buy a new GTLD also if the domain is too important for you.

•••
great story,
the value of a domain is what does it mean to you,

keep it maybe your son can develop his business skills by using this domain,
teens spend so much time creating content for free, it's like they are volunteer for big companies, they just don't realize it

•••
For 5K you could do a lot better towards your son then his own domain name! Rethink this if they step up their offer even by $500

•••
lease it to your son. That way he'll learn alot about business and who he can and cannot trust in life :):)

•••
I am curious what your son thinks about it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back