Dynadot

Escrow.com help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rentmynames

TheFinestDomains.comEstablished Member
Impact
I currently have a transaction with Escrow.com. Everything was smooth; escrow confirmed fund received, but here is the problem. The buyer hasn't started the domain transfer, and it's been 3 days. I have contacted the buyer, but no response. This is my first time facing this kind of situation after over a decade buying and selling domains. My question is, what will Escrow.com do if the buyer is disappeared (fund secured)?

I hope @Jackson Elsegood can help me answer the question.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I currently have a transaction with Escrow.com. Everything was smooth; escrow confirmed fund received, but here is the problem. The buyer hasn't started the domain transfer, and it's been 3 days. I have contacted the buyer, but no response. This is my first time facing this kind of situation after over a decade buying and selling domains. My question is, what will Escrow.com do if the buyer is disappeared (fund secured)?

Thanks in advance

I just transferred a domain yesterday where payment cleared to Escrow.com last Monday.
Some buyers are extremely slow.

You might want to email Escrow.com support and ask them to contact the buyer.

I would assume if the buyer never responds escrow will refund the charge, minus escrow fees.

Brad

•••

Thanks in advance
For escrow.com, if the transaction is cancelled while the funds received, the buyer will has to pay full escrow.com fees.

•••

Thanks in advance

Let's see what we can do. Shoot me over your transaction ID @rentmynames

BTW, with your username you know we do Domain Leasing through our Domain Name Holding platform, right?

•••
Buyer has just started the transfer process. Will report the domain after the sale completed.

•••
ESCROW.COM IS MAKING MY LIFE A LIVING HELL!!!!

@Jackson Elsegood I need your attention and assistance. Your support agents refuse to accept that I have SUBMITTED THE APPROPRIATE DOCUMENTS TO VERIFY MY ACCOUNT.

•••
ESCROW.COM IS MAKING MY LIFE A LIVING HELL!!!!

@Jackson Elsegood I need your attention and assistance. Your support agents refuse to accept that I have SUBMITTED THE APPROPRIATE DOCUMENTS TO VERIFY MY ACCOUNT.
escrow.com does need to simplify the verification process. we maybe forced to integrate payoneer going forward.

•••
escrow.com does need to simplify the verification process. we maybe forced to integrate payoneer going forward.
Payooner escrow do ask to verify your account as well if you are a buyer.

•••
•••
Sorry for the delayed response, heading back from DN Seattle. Payoneer has been doing KYC and AML checks since 2005 and we have it down. We process right around 300,000 applications per month. Most of the applications go right through without a request for additional information.

For companies we ask for the following - Company Name, Full Address, Tax ID, URL, country of incorporation and company type. The person acting as the user for the company we require date of birth and phone number. If everything checks out through the system that is all we need.

For individuals we need name, physical address (no PO Boxes), email, phone and DOB. If you are a seller receiving funds we will need your bank account information. Banking info is not required for buyers unless the are receiving funds in the case of a return.

The key to a swift and seamless approval process is making sure all the data submitted is correct.

Thanks,

Brandon

•••
thanks @Brandon Abbey
escrow.com required the same information as armorpay but in addition they asked for:
articles of incorporation
certificate of fictious name
which I could not locate because company was created in 2001 and I need to request the docs from the state of new york again.

I asked if bank statement was ok and they said they needed bank and tax returns all of which needs to match my address.
I didnt want to provide my tax returns to get paid so I was unable to verify my company.
I feel tax id and address is enough as it is with most other sites. I was forced to get paid to my personal account and now have to tranfer to my company account to maintain tax records of my recent domain sale.

escrow needs to streamline this process maybe ask for these sesnitive docs at higher payment levels (20k not 3k)

Last edited:
•••
I asked if bank statement was ok and they said they needed bank and tax returns all of which needs to match my address.
I didnt want to provide my tax returns to get paid so I was unable to verify my company.
I think surely you can use a utility bill for this purpose. At least if this is to verify billing address. Unless this is a separate requirement altogether, I would think it would work for a business as well as personal account. Worth investigating. I know "support" mentions tax return (forget that, I agree) but other documents may be used in its stead.

Last edited:
•••
I think surely you can use a utility bill for this purpose. At least if this is to verify billing address. Unless this is a separate requirement altogether, I would think it would work for a business as well as personal account. Worth investigating. I know "support" mentions tax return (forget that, I agree) but other documents may be used in its stead.

you would think that a utility bill, ein, bank statement, website and proof of address would be enough however its not for corporate verification. again the process needs to be streamlined.

•••
Tax returns? Very interesting.........that's a new one.

•••
Sedo Escrow doesn't require any documents at all, at least from individuals...
Regarding companies - I don't know...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back