IT.COM

Escrow.com funds have not reached me 2 weeks later

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gytis

Impact
First time using Escrow.com for selling a domain and already encountered issues.

The first parts of the transaction went quite smooth, although me and the buyer encountered some unexplained web errors when trying to proceed, however these went away after waiting a day. After completing the transaction, the funds were supposedly disbursed to my account on 19/12/2018.

My chosen method for disbursement was International Wire Transfer to a UK Barclays bank account. So two weeks / 8 business days later the funds have yet to appear in my bank account.

I have contacted Escrow.com support, but it seems they are terribly sluggish in dealing with such situations and have only sent me the transaction receipt a couple of times. They have also forwarded the issue to their payments team around a week ago, but there has been no update from them since.

Every time I try to contact their chat or email support I get pretty much the same generic answer : "Upon checking on your transaction, we have sent it out on 19th of Dec. Here is the receipt of the transaction. Please contact your bank" . The problem is that the funds have not reached my bank at all and I have contacted them multiple times and was told the same exact thing - we cannot see any incoming transfers to your account if it is yet to reach us.

I have a feeling this is going to be a hell of a ride. What would be the best course of action right now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back