IT.COM

Escrow.com major problems

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mccloud

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

Has anyone got a contact at Escrow.com that I can make a complaint too?

I've sold a domain through them, the domain has been received by the new owners and the funds were apparently released to me.

However, the funds have not reached my account and Escrow.com don't seem to want to do anything to try and rectify the matter. I've been in contact with Jackson but now I'm not getting any replies from them and I'm missing what is (for me) a sizeable amount of money. My bank have no trace of any payment.

Myself and clients have used Escrow before with no problems but their service and communication has been shocking.

If someone could PM or post and address on here that would be very helpful.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Jackson Elsegood represents them here.

888-511-8600 Toll-free (USA and Canada) +1-415-801-2270 (International)

•••
Had the same problem myself last month. Jackson fixed it for me but I am having a hard time trusting them after that. I suggest you do the next day bank wire so if there is a problem they can’t drag it out for 2 weeks.

•••
I'm not in the USA so apparently I can't do that. When you can't trust an Escrow service, you know it's got problems.

•••
•••
What day was payment disbursed by Escrow (and what method - Wire, ACH?). Yesterday was a Holiday in the USA (some banks might or might not have been open for Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday).

•••
What day was payment disbursed by Escrow (and what method - Wire, ACH?). Yesterday was a Holiday in the USA (some banks might or might not have been open for Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday).

It's over two weeks now, so that shouldn't have had any affect. It's a wire transfer.

•••
•••
I think the days of escrow services for domain names may be over. I use registrar pushes associated with a private BIN listing. I'm finalising one at the moment. Once you agree the price, you add the name to the registrar's market place with an agreed BIN. You password protect the page so that nobody else can jump in. The buyer has a wide range of payment methods, and the transfer is instant to 5 days depending on the payment method he chooses. It seems to be remarkably stress free, and the work involved is pretty minimal.

•••
@Kuffy, what commission do they charge for the transaction?

Also.. if the payment gets reversed..depending on how they payed .. what happens..

Payoneer for example.. guarantees the funds up to a certain amount and they would cover the loss.. you won't.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Congrats xynames - you are the second person I've put on ignore here. Just because you aren't bright enough to understand a post, it doesn't mean it is without merit.

•••
@Kuffy, what commission do they charge for the transaction?

Also.. if the payment gets reversed..depending on how they payed .. what happens..

Payoneer for example.. guarantees the funds up to a certain amount and they would cover the loss.. you won't.

As I understand it, there will bear the loss, but don't forget that they will still be the registrar, so a push reversal may be an option

Perhaps @namesilo could confirm this.

Basic percentage is 7.5%, but I think there are variatins on this - it's time I read the small print.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

Has anyone got a contact at Escrow.com that I can make a complaint too?

I've sold a domain through them, the domain has been received by the new owners and the funds were apparently released to me.

However, the funds have not reached my account and Escrow.com don't seem to want to do anything to try and rectify the matter. I've been in contact with Jackson but now I'm not getting any replies from them and I'm missing what is (for me) a sizeable amount of money. My bank have no trace of any payment.

Myself and clients have used Escrow before with no problems but their service and communication has been shocking.

If someone could PM or post and address on here that would be very helpful.

First we should start with basic stuff:

Was this your first time using them thru this withdraw method, or have you used it in the past, what country are you from?

If it was your first time using this method, it could be a miskey on the withdraw by them, an intl wire should not take 2 weeks, they need to run a trace.

•••
As I understand it, there will beat the loss, but don't forget that they will still be the registrar, so a push reversal may be an option

Basic percentage is 7.5%, but I think there are variatins on this - it's time I read the small print.

Just saying Payoneer, I'm paying about 1.5% or so and if credit card payments, another 3%... that's it... very straight-forward steps too. Plus if you decide with the buyer that they will pay the fees..then you pay 0%...

•••
As I understand it, there will beat the loss, but don't forget that they will still be the registrar, so a push reversal may be an option

It's way less if they pay by wire, which they have to do at Namesilo if price is over 5k. A good service, good advice from Kuffy.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just saying Payoneer, I'm paying about 1.5% or so and if credit card payments, another 3%... that's it... very straight-forward steps too. Plus if you decide with the buyer that they will pay the fees..then you pay 0%...

Payoneer looks to be a good service, and I signed up with them. So far nobody has wanted to use them to pay me, so I don't feel that I'm qualified to comment. It has got some good reports though, and that is why I opened an account with them.

I think I should have qualified my comment on escrow to limit it to 3rd party services. Obviously escrow as a supplement to a payment processor or a registrar is a valuable addition.

Last edited:
•••
As I understand it, there will bear the loss, but don't forget that they will still be the registrar, so a push reversal may be an option

Correct, we bear the loss in this case. If a charge back/reversal occurs outside of the payout period (7 days), then we would reach out to the Seller and explain the situation to them and ask if they would accept return of the domain in exchange for reversal of the payout. We go through as many steps as we can to help prevent payment fraud issues, but it does happen in rare circumstances.

Yes, our standard percentage is 7.5% unless the Buyer pays via wire or bitcoin in which case the percentage is only 3% and payout is available immediately.

Hope this helps.

•••
I once had an Escrow.com payment take 6 weeks to reach my account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back