IT.COM

Epik, We have a problem. Domain removed from account without permission.

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I am sure as many of you are aware I have had issues with Epik in the past, but decided to give them a chance when I saw a domain I wanted on Name Liquidate.

I purchased the domain PianoMoving.com on 7/20. It was transferred into my account then.
This was the only domain in my account.

It was in my WHOIS information.
I updated the nameservers.

When I just checked it is magically no longer in my account.
The nameservers were changed.
I received zero contact about the domain being moved.

I have all the receipts -

1.) The purchase/renewal from Epik.
2.) The Paypal charge.
3.) Email of when the domain was moved into my account @ Epik.
4.) Email when the nameservers were updated in early August @ Epik.

I don't see any indication that the domain was removed from my account.
On top of zero communication, there also appears to be nothing under "Outgoing Pushes" or "Task History".

I sent a DM to @Rob Monster about this earlier this morning, but have not received a response yet.

I was just notified I received a refund. I don't want a refund.

I want the domain I won, that was in my account, which I had full control over.
It was removed from my account without permission or even notification.

I do not find this acceptable in any way.

@Epik.com, you have some explaining to do.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can see that epik's dozens of accounts on Np are active. They anonymize their activity by up/down voting. If I am wrong, someone correct me.

•••
Are the LTO installments for this domain properly credited to the Masterbucks account?

•••
This sucks Brad.

I will say this has happened to me at another domain registrar. It's total BS!

•••
Interesting. New DNS servers...

Domain Name: PIANOMOVING.COM
Updated Date: 2022-11-16T23:24:42Z
Registrar: Epik Inc.
Name Server: NS1.UNIREGISTRYMARKET.LINK
Name Server: NS2.UNIREGISTRYMARKET.LINK

•••
Interesting. New DNS servers...

Domain Name: PIANOMOVING.COM
Updated Date: 2022-11-16T23:24:42Z
Registrar: Epik Inc.
Name Server: NS1.UNIREGISTRYMARKET.LINK
Name Server: NS2.UNIREGISTRYMARKET.LINK

🤔

•••
The registrant of pianomoving.com recently disabled whois privacy @ epik ... Yeah, as indicated in epik-masterbucks thread, due to various issues and uncertain future, making epik-regged domain ownership public is logical now.

pianomoving-whois.jpg

•••
@bmugford

I can give you a possible scenario of what had happened with the domain name PianoMoving.com

As far as I understood from this thread you bought the name on NameLiquidate platform, and the name was then moved into your Epik account. It was in your possession and you changed the name-servers. Then a month or so later the name just disappeared from your Epik account with no obvious reason. Am I missing something?

Was the name authorized for Sedo MLS? If you authorized the name for fast-tansfer, but didn’t add it to your Sedo account it is possible that the name was still listed on Sedo by its previous owner. Then if the name sold on Sedo or elsewhere throughout their partners network it is possible that the name was automatically transferred to the buyer, but the funds went to whoever had the name listed on Sedo - most likely the previous owner.

If that’s the case Epik don’t have anything to do with it, and it’s your fault if you didn’t move the name to your Sedo account but authorized it for fast-transfer.

What I find strange though is that the name is currently pointed at Uniregistry and listed for sale on their marketplace for $9,995 USD. If a sale really happened at $12,000 USD recently it is more than weird that the new price is lower than that. Hence I think the reported $12K sale might be faked, and maybe it didn’t happen in reality at all.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the old owner just grabbed the chance and bought the name back at low price after selling it to you via NameLiquidate. Would mean he ate the pie and still have it.

If I was you I would’ve contacted Sedo and asked them if a low-amount sale ever occurred through them within the past few months. The sale was most likely for amount under $100 USD. If so - it went under the radar because sales under $100 are not publicly reported on Namebio.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
@bmugford

I can give you a possible scenario of what had happened with the domain name PianoMoving.com

As far as I understood from this thread you bought the name on NameLiquidate platform, and the name was then moved into your Epik account. It was in your possession and you changed the name-servers. Then a month or so later the name just disappeared from your Epik account with no obvious reason. Am I missing something?

Was the name authorized for Sedo MLS? If you authorized the name for fast-tansfer, but didn’t add it to your Sedo account it is possible that the name was still listed on Sedo by its previous owner. Then if the name sold on Sedo or elsewhere throughout their partners network it is possible that the name was automatically transferred to the buyer, but the funds went to whoever had the name listed on Sedo - most likely the previous owner.

If that’s the case Epik don’t have anything to do with it, and it’s your fault if you didn’t move the name to your Sedo account but authorized it for fast-transfer.

What I find strange though is that the name is currently pointed at Uniregistry and listed for sale on their marketplace for $9,995 USD. If a sale really happened at $12,000 USD recently it is more than weird that the new price is lower than that. Hence I think the reported $12K sale might be faked, and maybe it didn’t happen in reality at all.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the old owner just grabbed the chance and bought the name back at low price after selling it to you via NameLiquidate. Would mean he ate the pie and still have it.

If I was you I would’ve contacted Sedo and asked them if a low-amount sale ever occurred through them within the past few months. The sale was most likely for amount under $100 USD. If so - it went under the radar because sales under $100 are not publicly reported on Namebio.

Are you referring to a specific part of it? I might’ve missed something…

Epik's eventual explanation was that the domain was on some "exotic" payment plan.

Epik had possession of the domain, but was too incompetent to renew it.

It expired and went to NameLiquidate where I bought it.

It was transferred into my account and there for around a month.

I only noticed it missing from my account by accident.

The domain was removed from my account internally by Epik without authorization, explanation, or notification. There was no record of the move in my account.

It was only after I noticed, that they provided a refund, again with no explanation at the time.

Then @Rob Monster accused me of making "defamatory" statements for reporting on what happened.

Instead of just explaining what happened, Epik decided to just remove it from my account and hope it wasn't noticed.

Epik screwed up before, during, and after the sale and never took full responsibility or made any real effort to offer a fair resolution.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello Brad, any updates now?
I met the same experience at EPIK

Last edited:
•••
So, keep smiling at the world because the world eventually smiles back. May God bless you all.
Until that isn't the case anymore.

Good luck duping your customers, and enjoy the money you've earned at their expense.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back