Dynadot

Epik vs NameSilo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domaniak

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Anyone here using NameSilo and Epik? How does Epik compare to NameSilo? Interested in hearing from those with hands-on experience regarding pros and especially cons with consideration for the following:

- I don't want domain privacy

- not interested in their "marketplaces"

- not interested in registrar's DNS management / domain parking

- not interested in ccTLD's and new gTLD's offerings

- interested in admin panel convenient for managing domains in the thousands

- interested in robust multiple sub-accounts / user management

- interested in reselling

- interested in convenient domain "push" process between accounts

So far leaning towards Epik because of their competitive, fixed standard .COM pricing (for NP members), proactive "can do" support and domaining-centric environment and suite of additional services

*** Note: NOT INTERESTED in any other registrars - already have accounts with and tried most of them out and formed an opinion ***

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
EPIK has some interesting development solutions - real estate and lead generation for example. I have not tried those yet but since I have some geo real estate domains am considering.

•••
You can't beat Epik's commission free instant sales and leasing.

I recently had a guy call me about a domain. We agreed on a price and five minutes later, he had the domain in his new account at Epik and I had the money in my account at Epik. I didn't have to do anything or pay any commission.

•••
Epik wins in managing domains in the thousands for me. You can actually get accounts at both and load as many names as you want in each of their Domain Managers WITHOUT transferring, like a free test drive.

I just recently joined Epik for the NP pricing and Epik Escrow, the Domain Manager is the best I've seen, I have close to 40 registrars and 30+ TLDs (mostly ccTLDs) so that is impressive. It is not quite perfect, and their site is slow on search/registration, hoping that will improve.

My NameSilo account is a few years old, the Manager and overall site is not as up to date, but functions fine, I use their API which Epik does not offer, or I haven't found yet. It that what you want is API for custom reselling , or am I misunderstanding?

Customer Support is great at both, and both have reps here. Just for fun nobody tag them and see how long it takes for them to notice and comment! : grin :

•••
...My NameSilo account is a few years old, the Manager and overall site is not as up to date, but functions fine, I use their API which Epik does not offer, or I haven't found yet. It that what you want is API for custom reselling , or am I misunderstanding?
Yep, API would be a big plus :xf.love:

•••
Where one can see what this price is for NP members and how can we use it?

I tried a quick registering on Epik and didn't notice any 'coupon' slot (at least up to the point where I added the name to the cart).

thanks in advance

•••

I tried a quick registering on Epik and didn't notice any 'coupon' slot (at least up to the point where I added the name to the cart).

thanks in advance
@RL (Roy from Epik)

•••

thanks in advance
For .com, it's only $8.10 to register, transfer or renew.

Just contact Epik support and ask for the Namepros special account pricing.

•••
@usernamex & @Domaniak - Epik API Documentation is here. Let me know if you need your accounts upgraded to our Name Pros Domainer pricing. :)

Don't forget, Epik offers leasing too! Learn more here and click here for our step-by-step guide to get setup.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@RL I'm all set for Domainers pricing, I registered then called and was set for me instantly. Plus they got back to me for some ccTLDs I asked about

@Domaniak - you still on the fence or wanna share any decision and what features solved it for you?

•••
@RL I have just opened an account with EPIK by clicking on the link in your signature but it shows me a price of 10$ for new .com

•••
EPIK all day. Plus, they now have their 60 days whois lockout optout in place

•••
Just waiting for their smartphone app and then EPIK will be perfect for me

•••
@RL...@Domaniak - you still on the fence or wanna share any decision and what features solved it for you?
Still on the fence, but leaning more and more towards Epik. Their API is another strong point in Epik's favor, as far as I'm concerned. In addition to all the other features and pricing, I mean. Moving some domains there to get a better taste. Not crazy about Epik's admin panel, I like NameSilo's website and panel. A bit old fashioned, but very crisp and snappy. Eh, never mind that. Epik's way ahead in other ways. They seem to understand domaining and the needs of domainers much better. Kindred spirits wins the day, I think :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
The only issue I ran into with Epik was that it didn't recognize some extensions that I have. I really like Epik though. I ended up going with another site to manage all my domains.

•••
•••
@RL I have just opened an account with EPIK by clicking on the link in your signature but it shows me a price of 10$ for new .com

Just sent you a PM so we can get your account upgraded for you.

RL

•••
Which site - and why - if you don't mind sharing?
I decided to use Uniregistry. The slickness and complete design. The smooth integration with the market and all the powerful tools and features. I also like the mobile app. I have tried them all and I really like NameSilo and Epik, but I find Uniregistry the best solution for me.

•••
To stay on topic though, I really like the simplicity of NameSilo, but Epik is better than NameSilo for domain management. Although I just sold a domain through NameSilo marketplace. :)

•••
I decided to use Uniregistry. The slickness and complete design. The smooth integration with the market and all the powerful tools and features. I also like the mobile app. I have tried them all and I really like NameSilo and Epik, but I find Uniregistry the best solution for me.

I have been using Uniregistry for a while and I was happy until I needed some support..not good.
I will give Epik a try even though I have better prices with Uni

•••
@photonmymind -- We're grateful for the opportunity! Our customer support is nothing less than Legendary. How do I know you ask? Well, before I joined forces with Rob Monster (Epik.com CEO) last year, I was (and still am) a client for several years. It truly amazed me that the CEO of the company would be online at ridiculous hours providing great customer support and really listening to suggestions (and implementing them) that would help domainers like you and I to better manage our domain portfolios. :) This is but a fraction of the great reviews and love we receive on a perpetual basis... At Epik.com premium support comes with every domain name!

@internext - We're excited about the app too! To be released soon!

Last edited:
•••
Thank you very much @RL, you certainly show what responsiveness is..

•••
I have been using Uniregistry for a while and I was happy until I needed some support..not good.
I will give Epik a try even though I have better prices with Uni
Better prices with Uniregistry than Epik's $8.10 for .COM regs / renewals / transfers? :xf.eek:

Back in September I'd received a special high volume offer from Uniregistry in the $8.70 range (renewals). Not too bad, but not really "special" from my perspective (having Platinum level reseller accounts with the likes of Enom, OnlineNIC, etc.)

This said, Uniregistry is one other registrar I'm in the process of moving a few domains to try out their toolkit :xf.wink:

•••
The problem with Platinum is they each want you to have all your eggs in one basket, which I am just not a fan of. Not that there would be another RegisterFly, but there could be! Somehow I have managed to sweet talk my way into higher tiers at enough places that when I get offered a "Special" deal, I usually have something better already with no strings. : grin :

And in fairness to @namesilo they are my top choice to refer lay people / non-domainers to, especially all my friends stuck at the mercy of overpaying GD and too afraid to move because they got roped into some long term deal. Plus I use their API for dropcatching so that's different from normal volume API access.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back