Dynadot

Epik, Uniregistry etc - Best for landing pages and sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

peace800

Established Member
Impact
I have domains at Uniregisty and have noticed a big drop in inquiries and visitors over the last month or so, ever since they updated their landing pages. My domains are self brokered.

Im now wondering whether to join Epik or any other service that uses escrow, is safe and gives the best landing pages to increase sales.

Can anyone recommend anything?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good question, mine also parked at Uniregistry. Dont really like the landers...
Not sure where else?

•••
•••
I moved all my names to bodis to avoid loads of fake inquiries from uniregistry landers. Also the opportunity to track my traffic without bots provided by bodis. Now I know how my names are behaving in terms of human traffic and a full stop to false inquiries witnessed during my stay at uniregistry. Uniregistry need to step up their game . it could happen anywhere but that of uniregistry is worse

Last edited:
•••
Undeveloped is an option. It's owned by Epik now.

•••
we just launched a new sales page info is here
https://www.toughdomains.com/domain-for-sale-page
it has escrow built in
there is a 0% commission with this form
it allows you to upload a logo and pulls in domain metrics like age and stats.

live demo is here
heated.com/offers

Last edited:
•••
Im now wondering whether to join Epik or any other service that uses escrow, is safe and gives the best landing pages to increase sales.

UnD's landing pages are nice but there is a 15% commission I believe...better to have basic landing page at epik and avoid the percentage.

•••
Here's my latest experience with Uniregistry:

I always self broker my names. I get a message from one of their brokers about a $1,000 offer on one of my domains. I have been in negotiations with one buyer for 8 months over this same domain. I find out that the broker was trying to get a 15% commission for himself over this offer from the same prospect I have been negotiating with for the past 8 months.

I called the prospect and she agreed to pay $1,000 immediately. I set a $1,000 BIN at uniregistry. She tells me that Her bank will rip her off on exchange fees if she pays by bank wire but Uniregistry is only giving her the option of bank wire. I contact Uniregistry and they tell me I can give her the option to pay by credit card or Paypal if I pay them a 3.88% fee for the transaction and assume all the risk myself but they advise me to only give her the option of paying by bank wire. Then I find out that Uniregistry is showing that I will have to pay them a 10% broker fee even though I am totally self brokering the sale myself. I ask tham about it and they tell me that they will charge a 10% broker fee to every domain sold at BIN, regardless if the sale was self brokered and they did nothing at all.

I then tell the buyer that I am transferring the domain to Epik and putting it on the marketplace with a BIN of $1,000 and she can use Paypal as she desires. We were both very happy. She avoided high bank fees and I got the full $1,000 to apply towards my domain renewals at Epik without taking any risk from the transaction. Uniregistry would have had me assume all the risk from using Paypal and only get paid $862.

•••
had Eli from unireg contact me about a name. I gave them the standard offer price they give me on just about every name...40k usd...he calls me and then never follows up. Why use epik at 5% when escrow.com can accept wire fees and paypal and credit card and charges 3%? epik is only cheap if you have all your names there and use the funds for epik services....most sellers are on godaddy and other random regs...

Last edited:
•••
had Eli from unireg contact me about a name. I gave them the standard offer price they give me on just about every name...40k usd...he calls me and then never follows up. Why use epik at 5% when escrow.com can accept wire fees and paypal and credit card and charges 3%? epik is only cheap if you have all your names there and use the funds for epik services....most sellers are on godaddy and other random regs...
Well let's see all the reasons:

Escrow.com is a hassle
takes a long time which gives buyer plenty of time to change their mind
does not give buyer instant control of domain
does not provide seller with instant payment
does not give the buyer 12 months to pay option
or lease option.

•••
Well let's see all the reasons:

Escrow.com is a hassle
takes a long time which gives buyer plenty of time to change their mind
does not give buyer instant control of domain
does not provide seller with instant payment
does not give the buyer 12 months to pay option
or lease option.
you pay 2% more on epik (3% vs 5%)
my escrow transfers take less than 24 hours (you get paid in 48 hours in most cases
(you get paid to your bank account not an account that you later have to transfer out with fees)
buyers in any escrow can take time to pay you and change their mind
you the seller push the domain so you can give instant access to any buyer
why would you want to get paid 12 months later?
there are lots of lease companies

I agree if you have all your names at epik and spend all the funds with them and live in that world then yes its great. if you have names at godaddy and want cash in your bank its not ideal.

•••
I have domains at Uniregisty and have noticed a big drop in inquiries and visitors over the last month or so, ever since they updated their landing pages. My domains are self brokered.

Can anyone recommend anything?

I am currently testing a variety of services:

Bodis (free, forwards direct to Escrow BIN page)
Undeveloped (9%, nice looking landing pages)
Sedo (15%, forwarding direct to for sale landing page with BIN)
GoDaddy (20%, forwarding directly to for sale landing page with BIN)
Afternic (20%, standard parked pages with banner at top)

I was considering testing Uniregistry also since their landing pages look nice imo. Perhaps they've changed since you didn't like them? Downside is their commissions aren't much lower than GD and are higher than Sedo unless someone uses Escrow via them. That 3.88% fee for Paypal/cc (which many buyers will want if the price is low) adds significantly. Plus they charge $10 to paypal you your money (which adds up for low priced names). If conversions are poor as you say - may just avoid testing them.

I started the test because the Afternic parked pages are miserable and I saw my sales drop off as soon as I switched to them.

Last edited:
•••
I use my own website and landing page and doing fine.

•••
I then tell the buyer that I am transferring the domain to Epik

I do the same. EVERY transaction I will do from now on, assuming the service stays the same or improves, will go through Epik unless the buyer is willing to wire funds into my bank account before I transfer the name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back