alert Epik Had A Major Breach

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I changed my password. I would suggest everyone do the same.

•••
Holy sh*t if true.....very worrying I still have some domains with them......

Hopefully updates will be forthcoming and fast...

@epik
@Epik.com

•••
Holy sh*t if true.....very worrying I still have some domains with them......

Hopefully updates will be forthcoming and fast...

@epik
@Epik.com
I know. Rob hasn't made any public statement yet. I hope it's not as bad as the article suggests it could be.

•••
I know. Rob hasn't made any public statement yet. I hope it's not as bad as the article suggests it could be.
We will have to wait and see what the damage is and not speculate to much until the facts are out.....

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
INSTANT KARMA!! :joyful::ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::xf.grin:

Let's not start this sh%t just yet - I am not a fan of Epik, I have been moving my domains gradually out this year.....there are people who use them who do not have the same same views as them, think about that before gloating......

•••
Let's not start this sh%t just yet - I am not a fan of Epik, I have been moving my domains gradually out this year.....there are people who use them who do not have the same same views as them, think about that before gloating......
Exactly. Surprise! Another epik hitpost.

Epik has never lost one domain, and i’m not about to believe so, now. Let’s see. Thank you!

@Rob Monster,
@Intelliname.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Exactly. Surprise! Another epik hitpost.

Epik has never lost one domain, and i’m not about to believe so, now. Thank you. Let’s see!

Samer
Let's just wait and see what the updates say - a lot of people have a lot of domains with them = lot's of personal info..... no need for it descend into anything else

•••
I'm more concerned about the possibility of my personal information being compromised. I really hope it will be addressed soon. I was on another app and they were talking about it. Bad news spreads fast.

•••
I'm more concerned about the possibility of my personal information being compromised
Epik had (and I think still has) a section to upload ID etc. for account verification purposes. On a spot view, the pdf published on domainnamewire did not explicitly address this database. Was it online? Was it unencrypted?

In any case, it does not look like a common data breach. One would expect a request to pay millions in BTC? But it did not happen, or at least it is not included in the pdf. Why is this? Were the hackers interested in real identities etc. of retail epik customers involved in alternative news etc?

•••
Epik had (and I think still has) a section to upload ID etc. for account verification purposes. On a spot view, the pdf published on domainnamewire did not explicitly address this database. Was it online? Was it unencrypted?

In any case, it does not look like a common data breach. One would expect a request to pay millions in BTC? But it did not happen, or at least it is not included in the pdf. Why is this? Were the hackers interested in real identities etc. of retail epik customers involved in alternative news etc?
I think they wanted to destroy Epik. I think they had ideological differences.

•••
Hmm...

@Rob Monster

Not good if true.

A posting (see PDF version) claims that the hackers gained access to data about all domain purchases, transfers, all Whois history (unredacted), all email forwards, account credentials for customers, internal systems, and a lot more.

Last edited:
•••
•••
What is left, what is far right. I'm left wing, Epik is right wing.
There is a deepstate which appears as right wing (as in case of Hitler, Bush), or left wing (Obama, Biden, Clinton). There is no difference between those. I'm on Epik's side, except for religion. I'm not religious, but this doesn't mean I'm not spiritual. For example I might be interacting with ETs without being aware of it. And vaxed people might be interacting with AI grid/cloud without being aware of it.
Hitler didn't lose, he won, his daughter Angela is at the top of Germany, but his team is losing now.

Last edited:
•••
Epik covers a pool of 4.7m domains. So far, all working trackers for a 35MB (ONLY!!!!) torrent containing ?supposedly? E #ked files can't be located. The 35MB of data for 4.7M domains .... must be X_x_X times more.

epk.jpg

twitter NatSecGeek

(Do not visit D/D//o//S//e//cr//e/t/s naked!)

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Today Epik uplink is very slow for me, when I submit/POST any changes for my domains...

Last edited:
•••
What is left, what is far right. I'm left wing, Epik is right wing.
There is a deepstate which appears as right wing (as in case of Hitler, Bush), or left wing (Obama, Biden, Clinton). There is no difference between those. I'm on Epik's side, except for religion. I'm not religious, but this doesn't mean I'm not spiritual. For example I might be interacting with ETs without being aware of it. And vaxed people might be interacting with AI grid/cloud without being aware of it.
Hitler didn't lose, he won, his daughter Angela is at the top of Germany, but his team is losing now.
Wow you know a lot and must see behind the veil too. super based post. Hello. $WHACKD

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Well, those that achieved a hack may have more on their hands to deal with than they might expect.
The mean streets run two ways...

From the article in the link: "I have not independently verified the veracity of the claims, nor reviewed the large file the hackers released."

Nothing like good old fashioned reporting...at least the person 'reached out' to Epik.

Last edited:
•••
I have nothing against Rob but the big mistake that he made was mixing between business and politic.

Last edited:
•••
i just moved most of my domains to Epik also. Website is too slow loading atm to try change password. I hope Rob posts the steps we should take to secure the account which we can follow once he gets a chance.

•••
INSTANT KARMA!! :joyful::ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::xf.grin:

To people like this that genuinely think they're on the right side or have a virtuous position because of some opposing "beliefs" that they think are "more correct" I do feel sorry for you... It reflects more on you than it does anyone else. I'm assuming that this is where you're coming from and not just that you want them to fall cause you had bad customer service or something...

The hackers are not in the right, they're not virtuous, they are more scummy than how they see those they purport to be attacking and if true they're affecting lots of people that also don't deserve it. It's clear from the stupid little message that they left how ideologically driven they are.

I feel sorry for you as this is your reaction to this, you're not a worthy member of a nice community like this imho where you are amongst those that will be affected. Revelling in other people's misfortunes is not a good look.

•••
Back