IT.COM

question End User Auctions

Spaceship
Watch

Cdomains

Top Member
Impact
What do you guys think about contacting end users via email about a domain for sale and then directing them to an auction page on say Flippa of Sedo.

Is this a good tactic to use with outbound email sales? Do you think you will have a better chance of driving up the price?

If yes what would be the best place and way to do it, if not then what do you think is the best way to handle sales?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is a good tactic, it puts pressure on the end user to take action into the bidding process, he sees that the auction will end and a competitor might get his hands on the domain.

Anyway, starting the auction and then contacting end users, gives you more authority over the situation.

And also, the other domainers over here recomand it, i recomand it, so give it a try :)

•••
Thanks for the great advice. Really appreciate it

•••
Has anybody else had a good experience with end user auctions?

•••
What kind of enduser do you mean? In my estimation, the average enduser won't have an auction account - $5 but still an impediment. They might not even have a Godaddy account, and maybe you contact a female biz owner who has watched the Super Bowl and knows what kinds of ads they run.

I vote ebay auction - enduser is more likely to have an ebay account / comfortable with Paypal and also gives you a chance to practice your "persuasion" / copywriting skills in your auction description (see flippa auctions for examples).

•••
The strategy can work well. Just add your email a line saying if you have a BIN or want to discuss other payment options or another auction platform to you , please dont hesitate to let me know.

These lines can give the person ideas and importance and might actually want to close the deal early. It is ok to mention other platforma like sedo, godaddy etc. Give them options. Or even better , have the domain listed on all those places

•••
I have always wanted to direct end users to my own auction site so I don't have to throw away a commission of 10% to 20% for no reason. Anybody have a resource for this?

•••
I have always wanted to direct end users to my own auction site so I don't have to throw away a commission of 10% to 20% for no reason. Anybody have a resource for this?

Do you use your site for all sales of different amounts? For me , I always use an escrow servicw. It is safer and yiu avoid chargebacks or refund requests cause the escrow company handles these and once the money is released you cannot expect problems.

•••
I don't have a site of my own for a private auction Abdullah, that's what I'm hoping another member here can help us with, so we can have our own auctions without paying any commission for the sale.

We could still use an escrow service for the transaction though. Although I would be willing to accept Paypal for small sales.

•••
I implemented Tell Your Friends! when I did a relaunch which allows you to add 6 email address at a time and they're sent from the site. You would just add a link to your auction, message and it appears to be coming from a friend rather than looking like you're trying to spam the end user, or pressure them.

In short they don't know where it came from and might be glad they received it.;)

•••
I and they're sent from the site. You would just add a link to your auction

Did you mean sent from your own site landing page or from the listing page of your auction?

Also, which auction site do you recommend?

•••
I don't want to promote here, look at my sig., It's easy to figure out.

There's lots of auction sites that are good but many with high fees and there's some startups with lower fees entering the marketplace too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back