IT.COM

domain Name value - remotedata.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Eddy79540

Impact
I've owned this domain, remotedata.com, for around thirty years and I'm considering selling it.

What do you think it might be worth? What's the best way to sell it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've owned this domain, remotedata.com, for around thirty years and I'm considering selling it.

What do you think it might be worth? What's the best way to sell it?
Try with 38,000$ for the first 6-8 month using Afternic lander. If no sale then try to reduce the price to 24,999$.

•••
Try with 38,000$ for the first 6-8 month using Afternic lander. If no sale then try to reduce the price to 24,999$.
Thank you

•••
$25 to $95 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
This is a difficult one to estimate. But it's definitely a decent domain.
I guess in this case it really depends on how quick you want to make a sale.
I would put some obvious upper and lower boundaries to the price tag and then let urgency dictate the asking price, meaning a very urgent need to sell would be close to the lower boundary but if you're willing to wait another decade then set it closer to or at the upper boundary.

For instance, as a lower estimate I would say it's definitely worth >$5k. You should be able to make a fairly quick sell at that price point.
Making an upper limit estimate is more difficult. I think kasmi got fairly close with his $38K estimate. Let's make it $40k. The reason this could work is that some company or individual with specific plans and plenty of money might just consider this a fitting name. Besides, it's a .com and those are two high value keywords in the right order. It's just that it can take years for the right buyer to come along.

So why not ask more? Because the name is just a bit on the long side, it's two words and it's not all that catchy.
Besides, there are other good names you're competing with.

That being said, it could still fetch $100K, it's just that in my opinion the probability of making a sale at that price point would be too small to consider. However, if you're willing to potentially wait another decade then go for it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back