NameSilo

End User Agreement - Who has one?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
So I have been contacted about one of my domains and its is a pretty decent domain and after some haggling I got a 5k asking price. Looking at the domain again I cannot help feeling there is something going on and the buyer is not the end user. I have a feeling that if I sell the domain I will see it in use and curse myself for not holding out for more.

I read this all the time and remember reading a topic just recently about www.messengerkids.com where the end user ended up being facebook and the domain seller had no idea. Granted he got a decent price but had he known who the end user was going to be I assure you he would have gotten more.

So the question I have is does anyone use an end user agreement?

In other words... I will sell you my domain for 5k if.....

1. You are the end user
2. You have indicated actual end use of the domain to me
3. You will not resell the domain for a period of 1 year
4. etc, etc

Has anyone done that?
Do you have an example of an agreement?
Is it even feasible to try and do this?

What if I give the buyer two choices...

5k with end user agreement

10k without end user agreement

I would just like some opinions and feedback on this one please. Also if you have any personal experience with this.

In the software industry end user agreements are quite common
https://www.google.ca/search?q=end+.....69i57j0l5.5161j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cannot be resold for a said period of time.

Yes, a contract can be made for and be upheld for virtually any legal transaction. Just like a piece of property I have for sale...there are quite a few conditions for a new buyer to adhere to.

Just spent a while searching and have determined that at least one of the inquiries I had that was mentioned in my prior post came from a broker...

I will put my thinking cap on and see if and wording comes to me over the next day or so and if anything decent pops out I will post.

•••
Tell them that if they are gonna market the domain you would rather be their partner on the deal ,and they don't have to lay any money out,and you may give them the bulk of the sale price depending on the price. What I really this you should do is sell it and wish them the best ,like the guy who sells you the mega millions ticket, If you want to get the most out of the domain,put every thing aside and find out WHO REALLY WANTS IT

•••
I understand all of your points but in this case my gut instinct tells me I am underselling and the perspective buyer is telling me a story. In fact I am almost positive I am not being told the truth.

I have not brought up the point of an end user agreement and I usually would also not worry about that but all my radar is telling me something is going to happen with this domain.

Why would it be so wrong to say if you are telling me the truth 5k, if you are lying then 10k.

ie: 5k with end user agreement

ie: 10k without end user agreement

In this case I am really torn, the person negotiating sounds like a pro to me. He knows all the lingo, knows the process, knows how to negotiate. To me it sounds like a company paid to grab the domain and he probably has a much bigger budget.

I would love to get more opinions please.

If you really feel that you are not selling the domain name for the value of what you believe its really worth, then I suppose you can tell the potential buyer that you've reconsidered but you may get some heated words from them and may lose 5K - and depending on the potential buyer, who knows, a letter from an attorney because maybe you agreed to the 5K already? Most small potatoes wont go that route but those with deep pockets, and the confidence that they can win just might.

But to change the price because you found out that the buyer may have deep pockets is... well, its sort of greedy. Price the domains on their value, not their buyer. :) IMHO.

Tread carefully!

Last edited:
•••
I am really repeating others, but I strongly feel that the price should not depend on who the end user is, and really once the sale is complete it is none of my business what is done with the domain name. I love to have domain names get quickly actively used for something positive, but don't feel it is my job to track that. I agree with those who expressed the idea that set a price and if you get that, then that is it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back