IT.COM

Emails from domainers selling crap names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
i thought it would be real nice to share some of the emails i receive from fellow domainers trying to sell their crappy names.

hopefully, some of you will read these and stop sending or see the mistakes they make so you won't make them too.

here is one from Andrew Brad, and if he is a member here...he's a clown! why? because he included every other email address he sent this mail to. thus one could harvest his list and spam them too.

To whom it may concern,

The premium generic aged domain FREDLOYAINSURANCE.NET is up for sale and I am emailing several parties that have registered similar domains OR use "[fredloya], [fredloya insurance], [loya insurance], [fred loya claims], [fredloya locations] etc." as keywords in their advertising campaigns.This is a 6-year old domain, with no drops since it was registered in 2006.

According to the Google Traffic Estimator the keywords ‘Fredloya Insurance’ receive over 40,500 searches every month, thus making this a high SEO premium domain worth thousands of dollars.

Right now, the asking price for FredLoyaInsurance.net is just $250, and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Yes, you read it right, $250 ONLY.

This is a great opportunity to acquire a great domain at a throw-away price. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email or call me directly at +91. 939-2774-412.

All transactions will held either via Paypal or via the secure services of Escrow.com.

Best regards,

Andrew Brad

Domain Broker, FredloyaInsurance.net

+91. 939-2774-412

if any of you receive such emails, feel free to post them so we can expose the spammers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have any of you read the instructional material from domaining sources like DNF and domain books that TEACH domainers like these on HOW TO SPAM, What software to use to harvest email addresses from Whois and providing sample letters on how to bulk SPAM?...

We don't say a word about the teachers do we?, instead we start threads and trash the students, how messed up is that?

The Hypocrisy in this business is unbelievable.

I was offered GuinnessRecord.com - an obvious trademark - by a company called Axsiom

What's so wrong with trying to sell obvious trademarks when your buddy Michael Mann is offering a shit load of them for sale?

http://googlemicrosoft.com/

GoogleGods.com $10,000.00
microsofttech.com $7,000.00
googleyeyes.com $6,000.00
GoogleFashion.com $5,000.00
DownloadMicrosoftWord.com $5,000.00
MicroSoftLabs.com $5,000.00

Just enter any obvious TM in Mann's "Search Keywords" and see what pops up.

Or even a Tragedy like Hurricane Katrina

KatrinaDisaster.com $350
KatrinaVictims.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have the .com and received this spammy email from a company offering the .mobi:

Requested reply date: 8/3/2013 EST

This is an important notice to inform you that we have put a temporary block on lfks.mobi
There has been a request from the IP address XXXXXXXXXXX to register this domain. If you did not authorize this, it is recommended that you secure the domain before the block is released. You can register this domain for just $6.99/yr by going to mobiregistrations.com enter your domain, and follow the online steps.

If you have no interest in this name, no action is required on your part. After 48 hours, this block will be released and Mobi Registrations is not responsible for domain loss due to 3rd party registration.

If this name is important to you, it is recommended you register the domain before the 48hr block is released, by going to mobiregistrations.com, enter in your domain and follow the online steps.

Any questions regarding Mobi Registrations's policies? Visit mobiregistrations.com/policy
To view the updated domain expiration, dispute resolution policy, please visit mobiregistrations.com/domaindisputes

About 2013 Mobi Registrations LTD. All rights reserved.
14648 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Mobi Registrations is the member-driven organization that supports International Registrars, develops and implements policies that support a mobile platforms for smartphones, and tablets.

Surprise surprise, the .mobi isn't registered. So there's no 'block' in place (of course). Just a spammy attempt to sucker me into registering a domain with them before it's supposedly snapped up by someone else. So not only a crap name but a downright lie too.

Also, the site looks like it's a GoDaddy reseller, as does the address above, although of course it might not be. Their domain is registered with eNom under privacy. Either way, I won't ever deal with them.

•••
if mobi is so great , then why does this sucker has his reseller site at mobiregistrations.com and mobiregistrations.mobi is not even registered by him and available?
stupid spammer. at least register your own "company" (lol) name with .mobi before spamming the entire planet with your .mobi blocking crap and "PC is dead! mobi is future" bs.

•••
here's a couple of recent spam emails I received

Hi,

I+want+to+sell+the+domain+name: AdultDesk<dot>Com. This domain cost is $150. If you are interested ? Please reply me…

Best Wishes,

and he actually put those + marks in the email

and the other

<[email protected]>

Hi,

We own the domain name TheHealthClubs.com, and think it would be a great fit for your business! You can forward this domain to your main website, or build the domain into a website of its own. Do not lose your chance to own this domain to one of your competitors. Domains such as this are becoming extremely expensive and will no longer be available in a few short years!

I am sending this email to a few parties I feel could put the domain to good use. Please let me know if you are interested or if you have any questions about the next step to purchase it.

Kind Regards,

Subhash Jha.

•••
nameconvex, old time spammers

•••
You teach students how to invest, they invest.

You teach students how to sell, they sell.

You teach students how to SPAM, they SPAM.

Were all part of a industry where mass mailing has been encouraged as a way of targeting end users on a mass scale, that's a FACT... Many domainers have even proclaimed themselves as end users, So my question is, why are we complaining about these emails? How are these any different than the emails domainers send out to end users on a mass scale?

If a end user from a company came here and complained about receiving emails like these, most here would care less, our response would be; "It's part of the business and we have the right to market our product to whoever we want" But when domainers are on the receiving end, it's an entirely different story, were all victims.

I applaud your efforts to denounce SPAM, but your going after the WRONG source, These are clearly domainers marketing their products, a practice that has been taught by our own industry..

Stopping or slowing it down can only be done by sending a clear signal that its NOT OK to send out mass mails to ANYONE, Denounce the practice altogether and have our industry leaders do the same, and if were lucky it will cease all together.

Until then, your just spinning your wheels.

•••
I have the .com and received this spammy email from a company offering the .mobi:

Requested reply date: 8/3/2013 EST

This is an important notice to inform you that we have put a temporary block on lfks.mobi
There has been a request from the IP address XXXXXXXXXXX to register this domain. If you did not authorize this, it is recommended that you secure the domain before the block is released. You can register this domain for just $6.99/yr by going to mobiregistrations.com enter your domain, and follow the online steps.

If you have no interest in this name, no action is required on your part. After 48 hours, this block will be released and Mobi Registrations is not responsible for domain loss due to 3rd party registration.

If this name is important to you, it is recommended you register the domain before the 48hr block is released, by going to mobiregistrations.com, enter in your domain and follow the online steps.

Any questions regarding Mobi Registrations's policies? Visit mobiregistrations.com/policy
To view the updated domain expiration, dispute resolution policy, please visit mobiregistrations.com/domaindisputes

About 2013 Mobi Registrations LTD. All rights reserved.
14648 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Mobi Registrations is the member-driven organization that supports International Registrars, develops and implements policies that support a mobile platforms for smartphones, and tablets.

Surprise surprise, the .mobi isn't registered. So there's no 'block' in place (of course). Just a spammy attempt to sucker me into registering a domain with them before it's supposedly snapped up by someone else. So not only a crap name but a downright lie too.

Also, the site looks like it's a GoDaddy reseller, as does the address above, although of course it might not be. Their domain is registered with eNom under privacy. Either way, I won't ever deal with them.

What a disgusting email, its one thing to try to sell a name to someone you did homework on and there are valid reasons they could use the name, not spam, one email for one specific user.

But this outfit trying to take advantage they don't know you are seasoned and can laugh somebody with just a business domain could easily get scammed.

•••
What a disgusting email, its one thing to try to sell a name to someone you did homework on and there are valid reasons they could use the name, not spam, one email for one specific user.

But this outfit trying to take advantage they don't know you are seasoned and can laugh somebody with just a business domain could easily get scammed.

I got the same thing. They just banged out SEVEN emails to me in less than 1 second. Got 7 notifications on my phone of this crap.

The IP address isnt even correct, its malformed. This is being reported as SPAM and phishing attempt.

The bogus mail address in their spam is notoriously close to Go Daddy... 14648 N Scottsdale Rd Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Tired of this sh!t

•••
--
Secure your Business with xxxxxxxx.com

A domain similar to yours will be available for auction in a few days. Go after it with us and we will make every effort to insure the successful capturing of the domain by Using Multiple Registrars to capture the Domain Name for you.

To confirm interest in owning this domain, fill out form here:
http://easygolds.com/xxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,

--

Funny thing is the domain easygolds.com is in the redemption period. WTF...

•••
What's most insulting is the sales pitch they use, and they know were domainers, It's like who do you think your fooling?

•••

Were all part of a industry where mass mailing has been encouraged as a way of targeting end users on a mass scale, that's a FACT... Many domainers have even proclaimed themselves as end users, So my question is, why are we complaining about these emails? How are these any different than the emails domainers send out to end users on a mass scale?

If a end user from a company came here and complained about receiving emails like these, most here would care less, our response would be; "It's part of the business and we have the right to market our product to whoever we want" But when domainers are on the receiving end, it's an entirely different story, were all victims.

I applaud your efforts to denounce SPAM, but your going after the WRONG source, These are clearly domainers marketing their products, a practice that has been taught by our own industry..

Stopping or slowing it down can only be done by sending a clear signal that its NOT OK to send out mass mails to ANYONE, Denounce the practice altogether and have our industry leaders do the same, and if were lucky it will cease all together.

:talk:

Hi Raider

these folks were not taught, they are mimicking others behavior, which is a lot different than learning how to write an email and researching the potential client, beforehand.

since they are the primary source, then this thread is intended to exposure such behavior, hopefully thru embarrassment if nothing else.

it also exposes the quality of the names being sent to others as well as their lack of knowledge about the game of domaining.

additionally, it illustrated that the majority of these emails do not reach the intended targeted market.

so, they really didn't learn shit, they are just "monkey seeing-monkey doing"

as for industry leaders.. they can't be blamed for the folks who follow, when others keep labeling them as the "leaders" of the industry.

imo....

•••
They would be much better off selling domains or websites to local businesses.

•••
As pointed out in this thread, many ppl are taught to be spamming assholes by other so-called businessmen. But one cannot group all of these emails into the pool of those taught by assholes. You gotta realize that sometimes, an asshole BECOMES an asshole on his own. Some people are greedy, yes, but others are pompous, silly creatures who refuse to do research & work based on personal belief. They think they understand a concept and will try it, researching none. That is another pool to add some of these spammers in. Also, there are the "replication" spammers--those who see something & copy it. Take a look at all of the people out there who receive spams, think that it's the way ppl make money, an try to do the same. Many enter this game for the simplistic, foolish dream of making lot of money, like the sales they hear about via SEDO. They think of regging a few domains for $10 a pop & selling them for a million. (This is common with big news events--ppl believing they can get a large sum by regging something pertaining to a current event. At times, we've had RoyalBabyBorn.com, SandyHookShooting.com, JackoIsDead.com etc etc etc.). These buyers know nothing about domains and will attempt to offload their worthless inventory however they can. Without researching, mass emailing seems most feasible. It's the American dream (and sure we aren't the only ones like this: making money quick and easy. It's easier to harvest addys and spam than it is to send personalized, well-researched enduses. That, Raider Girl, is the difference: Not every spammer can be lumped into 1 type. In fact, there are many, many types. So yeah, it annoys us all greatly. And those who refuse to research & opt to merely sam need to be called out. It's the only way to get them to become wiser. It doesn't always work, though.

:talk:

Hi Raider

these folks were not taught, they are mimicking others behavior, which is a lot different than learning how to write an email and researching the potential client, beforehand.

since they are the primary source, then this thread is intended to exposure such behavior, hopefully thru embarrassment if nothing else.

it also exposes the quality of the names being sent to others as well as their lack of knowledge about the game of domaining.

additionally, it illustrated that the majority of these emails do not reach the intended targeted market.

so, they really didn't learn shit, they are just "monkey seeing-monkey doing"

as for industry leaders.. they can't be blamed for the folks who follow, when others keep labeling them as the "leaders" of the industry.

imo....

Last edited:
•••
Well I've now received a total of SEVEN spam emails from Alex in a short period of time in relation to one crappy expiring domain he thinks I might be interested in, ebpokers.com. Once is too much from this guy but seven spam mails for one domain? Seriously? You'd think by now he would realize I'm definitely not falling for it.

Here are the domains associated with this spam:

lastminuteent.com
jualkue.com
frontline-photo.com
dnidomainbroker.com (sent FOUR times)

Interestingly, at dnidomainbroker.com, it appears that epik.com is either unwittingly or knowingly connected with this spam. I have a few domains registered with epik. If the latter, I'm going to get those domain names out of there ASAP. Here's the text from the offer page at dnidomainbroker.com:

You will get the access to control panel available here: http : // registrar . epik.com That will be emailed to the address you submit during purchase.

:(

Last edited:
•••
This doofus [email protected] sends me an email saying that TheEarphone.com is for sale. I can tell he went to my web site because I got the IP address from the email and from my web log. My site specifically says that I do not purchase domains from anyone other than myself hand registering them... and not to bother sending me inquiries.

So thanks for reading AND respecting my request.

His words:

"Hi,
We own the domain name TheEarPhone.com, and think it would be a great fit for your business! You can forward this domain to your main website, or build the domain into a website of its own. Do not lose your chance to own this domain to one of your competitors. Domains such as this are becoming extremely expensive and will no longer be available in a few short years!
I am sending this email to a few parties I feel could put the domain to good use. Please let me know if you are interested or if you have any questions about the next step to purchase it."

It was created YESTERDAY and I guess its sole purpose was to spam people like he's done. Watch for this guy........ some of you will probably be next or maybe already got hit by him.

I guarantee you that this domain will be available at the end of its one-year reg period.

Domain Name: THEEARPHONE.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2013-08-05 09:41:49
Creation Date: 2013-08-05 09:41:49
Registrar Expiration Date: 2014-08-05 09:41:49
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrant Name: Amrendra Mishra
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: MIG 380 Sector 18 Pocket B
Registrant Street: DDA Flat, Pink Apartment, Dwarka
Registrant City: New Delhi
Registrant State/Province: Delhi
Registrant Postal Code: 110075
Registrant Country: India
Admin Name: Amrendra Mishra
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: MIG 380 Sector 18 Pocket B
Admin Street: DDA Flat, Pink Apartment, Dwarka
Admin City: New Delhi
Admin State/Province: Delhi
Admin Postal Code: 110075
Admin Country: India
Admin Phone: 9873230165
Admin Email: [email protected]

•••
I guarantee you that this domain will be available at the end of its one-year reg period.
It may become available much sooner than that. If he doesn't get any bites, he may contact GoDaddy and request a grace delete for a refund. Ironically, if that happens and they agree, the default GoDaddy nameservers for a domain about to grace delete are:

NS1.SUSPENDEDFORSPAMANDABUSE.COM
NS2.SUSPENDEDFORSPAMANDABUSE.COM

Which would be quite appropriate in this case :blink:

•••

I cannot blow this turd off.

He just keeps sending out emails to me for gems like this...

"Hello,

I-want-to-sell-the-domain-name: AdvertiseArea(dot)Com. This can be usable to Advertising related web site. "Advertise Area" is a keyword to some popular Advertising companies and they are spending 100's of USD per month in the form of adwords for this keyword. This domain cost is $750. So, If you are interested in buying this domain please contact me…

Best regards,

If you don't want to get any other domain selling mails, please click UNSUBSCRIBE" :| yeah, unsubscribe.

•••
[email protected]

Advance Domain Availability Notice:

We are contacting you about the domain xxxxxx.com, which will soon be listed for auction. This domain might be interesting to you, since you own a domain similar to it.

To confirm interest in this domain, fill out the simple form here: http://WWW.INJECTIONMOLDINGSUPPLIERS.COM/xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,Alexander
Two Allen Center
1200 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77002

[email protected]

We are contacting you about the domain xxxxxx.com, which will soon be listed for auction. This domain might be interesting to you, since you own a domain similar to it.

To confirm interest in this domain, fill out the simple form here: http://WWW.ccofaz.com/xxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,Alexander
5847 San Felipe
17th Floor
Houston, TX 77057

Notice the different fake addresses? lol.

•••
maybe we can get "nameconvex.com" listed for email abuse, as I see he uses same words in paragraphs and slightly alters for each solicitation

•••
[email protected]

To confirm interest in this domain, fill out the simple form here: http://WWW.INJECTIONMOLDINGSUPPLIERS.COM/xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,Alexander
Two Allen Center
1200 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77002

[email protected]

To confirm interest in this domain, fill out the simple form here: http://WWW.ccofaz.com/xxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,Alexander
5847 San Felipe
17th Floor
Houston, TX 77057

Notice the different fake addresses? lol.

And even more spam from this douchebag, 3rd email in 3 days from 3rd fake address.

[email protected]

We are contacting you about the domain xxxxxxx.com, which will soon be listed for auction. This domain might be interesting to you, since you own a domain similar to it.

To confirm interest in this domain, fill out the simple form here: http://WWW.RISKINFORMATICS.COM/xxxxxxxx

Sincerely,Alexander
PO Box 925, Winnemucca,
NV 89445

•••
And even more spam from this douchebag, 3rd email in 3 days from 3rd fake address.

[email protected]

We are contacting you about the domain xxxxxxx.com, which will soon be listed for auction. This domain might be interesting to you, since you own a domain similar to it.

To confirm interest in this domain, fill out the simple form here: http://WWW.RISKINFORMATICS.COM/xxxxxxxx

Sincerely,Alexander
PO Box 925, Winnemucca,
NV 89445

And this spammer continues with yet another fake address
[email protected]

I am writing to you today to notify you that xxxxxxx.com will be available by auction soon. You are receiving this message, since you have a similar domain name

To confirm interest in owning this domain, fill out the simple form here: xxxxxxx.com

Sincerely,Alexander
2885 Sanford Ave SW #22337,
Grandville, MI 49418

•••
And this spammer continues with yet another fake address
[email protected]

I am writing to you today to notify you that xxxxxxx.com will be available by auction soon. You are receiving this message, since you have a similar domain name

To confirm interest in owning this domain, fill out the simple form here: xxxxxxx.com

Sincerely,Alexander
2885 Sanford Ave SW #22337,
Grandville, MI 49418

Apparently the anti-spam laws do not work

•••

Just received this beaut:

Hello,

We are offering the domain name wqeasdfzdgjyudyg.com to any interested parties that own similar domains. It is becoming available again, and if you have any interest in securing this domain name for yourself you can let us know by following the link below and filling out the short form:

[deleted]

Or simply reply to this e-mail with your offer and we will manually process your order.
Here are a few quick notes about the offer:
-You will get full ownership of the domain. It will be transferred in to your registrar account.
-You will not have to purchase any other products with this. No new hosting or website service is needed.
-This is a single transaction, no later up-sells or re-bills.
-You will not need a new website, you can redirect your existing website to point to this one.
-Your personal information will not be sold/traded/disclosed to anybody, we respect our customers privacy.
-Our technical team stands at your disposal for any transfer/redirect issue you may have.

Please feel free to call us any time we would be happy to hear from you and thank you for considering our services!

Kind regards,
Domain Brokers Team

This is a joke, right?

BTW, my "similar" name is wqea in the dotcom.

Last edited:
•••
I was about to laugh until I realized that you weren't joking & you were seriously offered this monstrosity.

Just received this beaut:

This is a joke, right?

BTW, my "similar" name is wqea in the dotcom.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back