Dynadot

Emails from domainers selling crap names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
i thought it would be real nice to share some of the emails i receive from fellow domainers trying to sell their crappy names.

hopefully, some of you will read these and stop sending or see the mistakes they make so you won't make them too.

here is one from Andrew Brad, and if he is a member here...he's a clown! why? because he included every other email address he sent this mail to. thus one could harvest his list and spam them too.

To whom it may concern,

The premium generic aged domain FREDLOYAINSURANCE.NET is up for sale and I am emailing several parties that have registered similar domains OR use "[fredloya], [fredloya insurance], [loya insurance], [fred loya claims], [fredloya locations] etc." as keywords in their advertising campaigns.This is a 6-year old domain, with no drops since it was registered in 2006.

According to the Google Traffic Estimator the keywords ‘Fredloya Insurance’ receive over 40,500 searches every month, thus making this a high SEO premium domain worth thousands of dollars.

Right now, the asking price for FredLoyaInsurance.net is just $250, and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Yes, you read it right, $250 ONLY.

This is a great opportunity to acquire a great domain at a throw-away price. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email or call me directly at +91. 939-2774-412.

All transactions will held either via Paypal or via the secure services of Escrow.com.

Best regards,

Andrew Brad

Domain Broker, FredloyaInsurance.net

+91. 939-2774-412

if any of you receive such emails, feel free to post them so we can expose the spammers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thankfully, No. But crazy ERIC JONES '[email protected]' has sent me some 20 emails in the last month alone!
LMAO!!!

I've been tracking submissions from that stupid bot for a couple of weeks now. We've received at least 1 a day for weeks now with as many as 3 in a single 24 hour period. Sometimes they come in hours apart, sometimes within 1 hour of each other. They are being submitted through 2 forms we have on our company's site.

•••
They are being submitted through 2 forms
Somebody told me that, instead of adding the stupid g captcha asking to find fire hydrants or buses, he just added 1 extra form field: "are you robot? please answer yes or no". And, after processing only appropriate human submissions, he noticeably decreased the level of form spam. I did not try this method yet, but it sounds interesting :)

Last edited:
•••
Somebody told me that, instead of adding the stupid g captcha asking to find fire hydrants or buses, he just added 1 extra form field: "are you robot? please answer yes or no". And, after processing only appropriate human submissions, he noticeably decreased the level of form spam. I did not try this method yet, but it sounds interesting :)
I'll probably have to dig in to that.

We are on a proprietary CMS (yeah, I so tried to talk the boss out of it...) so there are no readily available anti-spam plugins and the CMS provider charges an arm and leg for any mods.

I guess I'm going to have to brush up on my PHP - but not for a little while because my boss in on the receiving end of all the spam. Maybe this will drive home some of the points I was trying to make about NOT going with a proprietary source.... LOL

Last edited:
•••
I'll probably have to dig in to that.

We are on a proprietary CMS (yeah, I so tried to talk the boss out of it...) so there are no readily available anti-spam plugins and the CMS provider charges an arm and leg for any mods.

You may also try to "outsource" antispam processing (and the form itself) to external services.
such as -

1) FormSpree - Custom Forms with No Server Code (used them personally for some time, it simply worked)
https://formspree.io

2) Tutanota Secure Connect (EU-based, full GDPR compliance)
https://tutanota.com/secure-connect

3) Hush Secure Forms
https://www.hushmail.com/secure-forms/

If the CMS in question allows to add such a custom code of course

Last edited:
•••
Hi

are you still getting emails from domainers selling crap names?

i am

imo...

Yep. Just as others have said before me. Straight into the Trash.

•••
thankfully, I haven't received any of the emails. I was reading through some and they are quite amusing. The only spam I get is 'website' related like improving your SEO and backlinks and one recent one which was weird was some medical subscription or something. I deleted all the spam emails so I won't be able to show what it was exactly. If I do get any domain-related ones I will post them here.

•••
Hi

update:

these days, mostly getting spam emails and spam phone calls from web designers and seo experts.
and still get a few from fake borkers soliciting price quotes for domains, on behalf of nobody.

imo....

•••
Hi

update:

these days, mostly getting spam emails and spam phone calls from web designers and seo experts.
and still get a few from fake borkers soliciting price quotes for domains, on behalf of nobody.

imo....

Do you get a lot of domainers try to sell you Don?

•••
Hi Ray

I did, but not as many now
since everybody wants to be a broker these days, then those have replaced domainer emails.

might start posting phone numbers from designers and seo folks soon :)

imo....

•••
I get a few. Got one today trying to sell me a .dev for $15K!! AS-IF!! Love checking the emails of these clowns and seeing they just regged their 'domainer domain' 3 months ago or less. And I'm sure there will be an uptick in these too with all the recent 'glorifying of the simplicity' of outbound emailing and massive follow up-ing! :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Hi

update:

imo....
Those fake brokers are working for somebody, I get quite a few $5K offers on much higher multiple names, so someone is funding this spam
solicitation. I have uncovered a few with informally playing along, and one of the played initials is well known domainer O.H.

•••
I received an email from Paul. He knew I own the .com version. I already knew it was available because I monitored it. I checked the whois, and it was not registered by them. So, I registered it. Then I replied to their email: "is the auction still available?"

The following days I received several emails from DOMAIN SERVICES and DOMAIN NOTICE.

------
Hello,

I am in the process of running an auction for the name bisa_ya.org, which is scheduled to end within the next couple weeks. If this is a name that you would be interested in owning, you may place your bid in two ways:

1. Just respond to this email with your contact information and bid amount and someone from my team will respond to you right away.
  2. Click here to enter your bid directly into the auction page

All of our auctions start at the low price of $89 and have an “auction closing” bid price option so that you are able to bypass the auction completely. We also accept paypal, escrow.com and checks as compensation only AFTER the name is transferred to you.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Cordially,

Paul
------

•••
Here's an interesting situation, I received this tonight...

...and then did some searching: Check out these results in Google. It looks like he sent a ton of spammy emails to ICANN during the "Public Comment: Trademark Protection (IRT Final Report)" (index of emails found here on ICANN's website). At least I think that's what's going on here...:?: P.S. His LinkedIn.

Getting a lot of SPAM from [email protected] and [email protected] lately. Garbage domains for sale. Reported to Spam Cop.
How to report incoming spam via SpamCop.net such as unsolicited domain offers SEO offers any Spam

•••
•••
I get a few now and then. I usually just respond, "Not interested, I'm selling not buying, but good to see a domainer trying to outbound. Good luck."

•••
Hi

most of emails i get now are from "wanna-be" borkers, seo services and web designers.

when other domainers are outspamming other domainers, then to me, it shows lack of depth, in the research of their email scraping.

imo...

•••
I'm using custom domain in whois (if not private). Recently, I revised filtering rules and successfully filtered out MOST of such emails (most notably, web designers and app developers).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sieve_(mail_filtering_language)
Sieve is a lifesaver :) Would not post exact rules here, as the same spamming folks may (and, likely, are) reading this thread, and will adopt accordingly. Just a small example: Body contains "IT services"? Then it is spam.
It worked!

What I did not filter out are emails offering me "similar" (pendingdelete or pre-release) domains. Sometimes, it helps to preorder anything I might otherwise overlook ;) As far as I see, there are about just 4 or 5 folks doing this massively, please keep up the good work...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back