Dynadot

Emails from domainers selling crap names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i thought it would be real nice to share some of the emails i receive from fellow domainers trying to sell their crappy names.

hopefully, some of you will read these and stop sending or see the mistakes they make so you won't make them too.

here is one from Andrew Brad, and if he is a member here...he's a clown! why? because he included every other email address he sent this mail to. thus one could harvest his list and spam them too.

To whom it may concern,

The premium generic aged domain FREDLOYAINSURANCE.NET is up for sale and I am emailing several parties that have registered similar domains OR use "[fredloya], [fredloya insurance], [loya insurance], [fred loya claims], [fredloya locations] etc." as keywords in their advertising campaigns.This is a 6-year old domain, with no drops since it was registered in 2006.

According to the Google Traffic Estimator the keywords β€˜Fredloya Insurance’ receive over 40,500 searches every month, thus making this a high SEO premium domain worth thousands of dollars.

Right now, the asking price for FredLoyaInsurance.net is just $250, and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Yes, you read it right, $250 ONLY.

This is a great opportunity to acquire a great domain at a throw-away price. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email or call me directly at +91. 939-2774-412.

All transactions will held either via Paypal or via the secure services of Escrow.com.

Best regards,

Andrew Brad

Domain Broker, FredloyaInsurance.net

+91. 939-2774-412

if any of you receive such emails, feel free to post them so we can expose the spammers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well do not get me wrong either cause i also meant id not want to spend more than 20secs/week on it

me i was just talking bout general dn sale spam...whats dfs forum again? lol

We were discussing the NPs Domains For Sale Forum, even though the title is "Emails from domainers selling crap names". So you are correct, and we shouldn't have been discussing NPs Domains For Sale Forum in this thread. IMHO. Hence the confusion about emails/forum posts.

Last edited:
•••
Mostly I get spam emails offering me my own good domain names - bastardized with a hyphen stuck in them or the order of words reversed. I guess imitation is the best flattery but doesn’t mean I’m going to bite.

•••
Mostly I get spam emails offering me my own good domain names - bastardized with a hyphen stuck in them or the order of words reversed. I guess imitation is the best flattery but doesn’t mean I’m going to bite.

lol

I got unsolicited pm last week from member trying to sell me the .io version of a .us name I own

guess they didn't consider that I could have got the .io before them, if I wanted it

nor did they consider the names' relationship to .us

imo….

•••
I own [LLLL]meter.com (in the diet niche) and someone emailed me saying that they have [LLLL]-meter.com (with the dash) for sale. I emailed them back asking why I would want to buy the worse version of my name? They never replied.

A week later I got another email saying that the crappy dash version is for sale by somebody else! That wasn't true because I checked and it was available for hand-reg.

I checked just now and it's still available for hand-reg.

I don't understand the plan there. If I replied yes would they quickly go out and register it? I reaalllly want to register it myself but also reply back that I will buy the name to give them a false hope then crush their spammer dreams.

•••
Mostly I get spam emails offering me my own good domain names - bastardized with a hyphen stuck in them or the order of words reversed.
Probably automated spam using keyword spinners. Some names are horrible and don't make any sense.

I own [LLLL]meter.com (in the diet niche) and someone emailed me saying that they have [LLLL]-meter.com (with the dash) for sale. I emailed them back asking why I would want to buy the worse version of my name? They never replied.
That's why it is spamming: they are spamming people peddling inferior variations of the domains. Big waste of time for all.
Only once I have been 'spammed' with good names.
Of course, if people owned great domains they wouldn't have to spam in the first place, they would get unsolicited offers and they could afford to wait for the right offer.

A week later I got another email saying that the crappy dash version is for sale by somebody else! That wasn't true because I checked and it was available for hand-reg.

The scheme here becomes downright fraudulent.
That's why I like to say that the difference between a spammer and a scammer is tiny: one single letter :)

•••
How do you guys get those emails? I don't think I've ever gotten a domain pitch email.

The only ones I get are those "seo gurus" who want to develop the domains I am regging.

•••
I used to get them because I had public whois on this particular name and my email was there for all to see. This has only happened on one name of mine. It's not a common occurrence at all, just funny when it happens.

•••
It's been a while. Your daily dose of domain spam.

Subject: eBeachProperties.com
Dear Sir,

We are selling domain name eBeachProperties.com, Would you be interested in acquiring it?

Thanks and Regards,

Desh Deepak

If you do not want to receive emails from us please reply asking unsubscribe.

•••
It's been a while. Your daily dose of domain spam.

Subject: eBeachProperties.com

And why is it that they expect us to even make an effort to unsubscribe when we did not subscribe in the first place.

I simply mark them as spam and then add them to my block list.
This way the gmail filters will mark them as spam for everyone else as well.

The more times we use the spam filters the better they get. A few spam markings and this guy cannot spam again.

•••
I stopped reading the email at "To whom it may concern"

•••
Received one of these Simonas Balnys spam emails today asking

<<Is there anyway how I could help you?>>

•••
I get these every other day, trying to sell me misspellings of domains I own. or adding a word to a domain I own.

•••
my favorite spam is from one slick guy who trolls "domains registered today" lists and then cherry picks which one they feel the registrant would develop into website.

then registers all the social media accounts. twitter gmail instagram facebook and linkedin.
then tries to sell each for $250.

nice hustle without having to spend money on registering domains. lol then emails the registrant with.

"it just so happens I own"

Edit. I don't want to double post here so let me add this.

So.... it was my "plan" to data scrape whois data and a list of all domains with similar keywords to mine and then get email address and proceed to spam. But after this thread?

NEVERMIND!!

but I gotta ask. do you guys consider all domain emails you receive SPAM or just the ones where the sender is offering a domain with a buy now price?

What if the email is to notify you of a running auction with no reserve?

still spam or useful info?

I get these kinds of email all the time and I always check it out if the domain is something decent. I never click the link but if they mention the domain is on Godaddy or Namejet I manually check it on those site buy entering the domain in the website.

Last edited:
•••
got unsolicited pm spam twice, from same np member the other day.

seems they have notion that every newly registered domain has value
and that somebody is just waiting to buy it.

imo...

•••

I don't understand the plan there. If I replied yes would they quickly go out and register it? I reaalllly want to register it myself but also reply back that I will buy the name to give them a false hope then crush their spammer dreams.

This is kind of pathetic and funny at the same time. The desperation in this industry, especially in recent times, is on a whole new level.

•••
sometimes they think they smart and sell me unreggged names

i mark all as spam.

and sometimes if name regged and im bored, I hit reply and say 1$... which is the actual value.

•••
sometimes they think they smart and sell me unreggged names

i mark all as spam.

and sometimes if name regged and im bored, I hit reply and say 1$... which is the actual value.

Probably the worst thing you can do. Because you are confirming it is a real email address. I've been suffering from some adult spam since I changed my email software. I guess I hadn't set all the filters correctly. For my gMails, I have now set a filter which blocks them and send them a message that there is no longer an email address of that name. Lo and Behold. The adult spamming stopped, but now I'm getting spam asking me to confirm my email address from these same spammers. Which I am ignoring. They are probably getting the same emails from gMail, as the spam, there is no email at this address. So I expect this will dry up after some time.

•••
Got one late last night..............I do not any names related to photography.

Hello.

I'm wondering if you may be interested in PhotographerProfile.com & PhotographerPhotos.com domain names?

My asking price is 549 USD for each domain or 749 USD for both of them.

I am also selling a portfolio of over 70 two word .com domain names, if you may be interested.

Please let me know if you may be interested in acquiring!

Thank you!

•••
Got one late last night..............I do not any names related to photography.

Hello.

I'm wondering if you may be interested in PhotographerProfile.com & PhotographerPhotos.com domain names?

My asking price is 549 USD for each domain or 749 USD for both of them.

I am also selling a portfolio of over 70 two word .com domain names, if you may be interested.

Please let me know if you may be interested in acquiring!

Thank you!
Both 1 day old and registered @Dynadot
All set up to send spam instantly

•••
•••
Probably the worst thing you can do. Because you are confirming it is a real email address. I've been suffering from some adult spam since I changed my email software. I guess I hadn't set all the filters correctly. For my gMails, I have now set a filter which blocks them and send them a message that there is no longer an email address of that name. Lo and Behold. The adult spamming stopped, but now I'm getting spam asking me to confirm my email address from these same spammers. Which I am ignoring. They are probably getting the same emails from gMail, as the spam, there is no email at this address. So I expect this will dry up after some time.

good point
but if I reply, I do not use an email address that I care about ;)

•••
still getting spam

mostly now from webdesigners and seo guru's

•••
Hi

are you still getting emails from domainers selling crap names?

i am

imo...

•••
web and ceo spams and s*its from indian developers

•••
Each and every day. Sometime more, sometimes less. Auction frontrunners. Webdesigners etc. from India. Senior Domain Broker at Sedo (Dave Evanson) - yeah I know he is legitimately brokering the stuff he tries to sell, but I never subscribed to his news. Self-proclaimed domain brokers trying to either buy something from me (never heard of them before) on behalf of "clients" or to sell something. Legitimate brokers like domainagents who would not receive a response, because they still use escrow .com (tons of issues with this escrow). A guy from Lithuania, Simonas, is noticeably less active selling his handregs [all in 3 figures range], what happened to him? Hope he is OK, at least he actually owns what he tries to sell.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back