Domain Empire

Emails from domainers selling crap names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
i thought it would be real nice to share some of the emails i receive from fellow domainers trying to sell their crappy names.

hopefully, some of you will read these and stop sending or see the mistakes they make so you won't make them too.

here is one from Andrew Brad, and if he is a member here...he's a clown! why? because he included every other email address he sent this mail to. thus one could harvest his list and spam them too.

To whom it may concern,

The premium generic aged domain FREDLOYAINSURANCE.NET is up for sale and I am emailing several parties that have registered similar domains OR use "[fredloya], [fredloya insurance], [loya insurance], [fred loya claims], [fredloya locations] etc." as keywords in their advertising campaigns.This is a 6-year old domain, with no drops since it was registered in 2006.

According to the Google Traffic Estimator the keywords ‘Fredloya Insurance’ receive over 40,500 searches every month, thus making this a high SEO premium domain worth thousands of dollars.

Right now, the asking price for FredLoyaInsurance.net is just $250, and is available on a first-come-first-served basis. Yes, you read it right, $250 ONLY.

This is a great opportunity to acquire a great domain at a throw-away price. If you have any questions don't hesitate to send me an email or call me directly at +91. 939-2774-412.

All transactions will held either via Paypal or via the secure services of Escrow.com.

Best regards,

Andrew Brad

Domain Broker, FredloyaInsurance.net

+91. 939-2774-412

if any of you receive such emails, feel free to post them so we can expose the spammers.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And you are still doing outbound? Or have you given up? Something about your strategy must be wrong. Not to even receiving 1 reply.

Absolutely give up. I haven't time to send emails.

I prefer to spend my energy, time and skills on my real works.

If I spend 2 hours to find potential customers, I spend another hour to send email, I spend 3 hours of my time. And my time is valued 100 euro ($ 120) per hour and these 3 hours "cost me" 300 euro ($ 400).

I prefer to spend my 3 hours in a profitable way.

Only inbound now, if I receive offer good, if not no problem, this is just an hobby for me.

Last edited:
•••
When I had a bunch of plumbing related domains like cheapwaterheaterrepair and saltlakeplumber I use to get tons of emails from domainers that had "similar" domain names like cheaphotwaterheaterfix and fastcheapwaterheaterrepair and wanted to know if I was interested in buying them.

•••
what services / tools do you think are being used
by those that spam domainers... ??

how / where are they getting the BULK info to KNOW who owns SIMILAR domains

•••
Probably who is i would assume. Now i have privacy on 95% of my domains so the only spam i get now is developers and logo people. I haven't got spam from other domainers in 2-3 years

•••
When I had a bunch of plumbing related domains like cheapwaterheaterrepair and saltlakeplumber I use to get tons of emails from domainers that had "similar" domain names like cheaphotwaterheaterfix and fastcheapwaterheaterrepair and wanted to know if I was interested in buying them.

That is legit, if you ask me, but only if they are offering those "similar" domains at the reseller price.

We all actually search for a buyer, not necessary for an end-user. Of course it is ideal that the buyer is also an end-user as it should refelct on the price.

Someone might seen that you have bought a similar domain, or that you hold similar domains, and get the impression that you are interested in that specific niche. No matter if you are collecting those similar domain with the intention of reselling, you might be a buyer just as some end-user. I dont see any problems in contacting other domainers, but the price should be at the reseller range in that case.

I dont like getting e-mails from other domainers selling some "similar domains", but I completely understand and approve that.

Those of you who have been critising other "domainers selling crap" are simply prudish, unless you never do outbounds. Apple executives might consider Gadgets.com as a crap and you might consider them as an end-user. Both sides have the right on their opinion.

All the outbounds are spam and selling crap, or they are all the rightful way of selling domains. The exception is only when you offer a carpet cleaning related domain to a bank, or something like that.

I personally tend to offer my domains to end-users, but if, for example, I have Chicago/Furniture/Store in king and I saw that some domainer purchased somewhere Chicago/Furniture/Shop in king for $500, and I am happy with $500 for my domain, why on Earth I would not have the rightful thinking that he might be also interested in my domain at the same price, even knowning he is a domainer and he collects domains for reselling purposes.

You can critise outbounds as a way of selling, but it is prudish to critise "other domainers selling crap", and especially to publish their private info online. If you never did any outbound then OK, but if you did then dont critise others, even if their domains are not great.

•••
Probably who is i would assume. Now i have privacy on 95% of my domains so the only spam i get now is developers and logo people. I haven't got spam from other domainers in 2-3 years

But you did not receive an offer on your whois e-mail either ;) I dont like to use private whois as I sold so many domains to end-users by having them contacted me directly on whois e-mail so it would not be wise to exclude this easy sale opportunity.

•••
Just got this one -

Hello Brad Mugford,

The domain name AirDuctExpert.com has recently become available and is
currently for sale. This is a memorable name that is very related to your
business. It can be used to redirect visitors to your current website
(REMOVED) or for developing it into a new website. The one time
price for this domain is only $280 .

In order to get this domain, simply visit GoDaddy .com, search for the
domain and you can buy it from there. We are also contacting other air duct
companies that might have an interest in the domain, therefore, a timely
response works to your convenience.

Sincerely,

Customer Support

GoDaddy Partners

MI Online Marketing

246, Cedar Ridge Road,

West Chester ,PA-19380,USA

They used "GoDaddy Partners" in the from line of the email.
The email used is an @acoxo.com email address. The WHOIS shows someone in India.

I forwarded the email to GoDaddy as I am sure they are not going to be real thrilled with the obvious TM infringement of a company called "GoDaddy Partners" spamming people.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I forwarded the email to GoDaddy as I am sure they are not going to be real thrilled with the obvious TM infringement of a company called "GoDaddy Partners" spamming people.

Brad

hope GD gives them a C&D smack-down!

imo...

•••
hope GD gives them a C&D smack-down!

imo...

I got another email from the same party about the same domain today, once again from "GoDaddy Partners".

Brad

•••
just want to bump this thread

been reading some of those :how to outbound posts

where newbies want instructions on how to send spam emails in effort to try and sell their crappy names to unsuspecting people

•••
where newbies want instructions on how to send spam emails in effort to try and sell their crappy names to unsuspecting people

HeHe... no different to what happens on namepros

I have open topics here on namepros specifically stating budget at 5k with a maximum of 10k

Response one: domain @ 100k

Response two: domain x4 as a set 150k

Like really!!!..... how is that even pertinent to what I'm asking for? (n)

•••
I get the occasional email from folks asking me if I'm interested in buying a domain from them that's similar to one or more that I already own. I don't think I've ever responded.

When I receive those, I usually check to see the recipient email address. I have privacy on virtually all of my domains (with the exception of those ending in .us), so it makes sense that the emails are never directed at my actual email address. If I were to ever reply to one of those, I'd probably do so from a different email address, lol--perhaps one from the domain that's similar to what they're trying to get me to buy.

•••
HeHe... no different to what happens on namepros

I have open topics here on namepros specifically stating budget at 5k with a maximum of 10k

Response one: domain @ 100k

Response two: domain x4 as a set 150k

Like really!!!..... how is that even pertinent to what I'm asking for? (n)

That's your problem for even posting in the domains wanted thread. It seems NP's cannot stem the replies to your posts... or doesn't try hard enough to prevent it. Because it's impossible to prevent it with such a full range of experiences allowed to read this forum. Perhaps they could try a Domains Wanted thread in the Insiders Club, which is only accessible to VIP and Gold Members. You can post there now. But it would be neater to separate domain sales and domains wanted. IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
That's your problem for even posting in the domains wanted thread. It seems NP's cannot stem the replies to your posts... or doesn't try hard enough to prevent it. Because it's impossible to prevent it with such a full range of experiences allowed to read this forum. Perhaps they could try a Domains Wanted thread in the Insiders Club, which is only accessible to VIP and Gold Members. You can post there now. But it would be neater to separate domain sales and domains wanted. IMHO.

The problem with that is the vip's and pro's know the value of domains and I would never pick up a bargain in the insiders section. I rely on the noobs who are overwhelmed with renewals and I can sometimes pick up a really good deal. I'm working a couple of these situations as we speak.

•••
The problem with that is the vip's and pro's know the value of domains and I would never pick up a bargain in the insiders section. I rely on the noobs who are overwhelmed with renewals and I can sometimes pick up a really good deal. I'm working a couple of these situations as we speak.

OK then. It's seems like you are willing to deal with all the spam coming from that forum, for these few purchases. I personally found all the responses overwhelming. I don't think I have visited the domains wanted thread in years, except to checkout what somebody has posted elsewhere. I certainly would never post or reply in it ever again. It seems you have a better experience than mine. What's the secret? :)

•••
some get real clever.. they sell names pending delete (so no longer renewable) ... or sometimes names not even regged.... I guess if I said yes I wanna buy a name and its no longer renewable... they probably have a pitch to delay things long enough until its back on expired... and then they register it again

sometimes for fun I reply and remind them of all this heh
I never get a reply back. but I presume it doesn't stop them from going to try and look stupid elsewhere... hhah

Last edited:
•••
some get real clever.. they sell names pending delete (so no longer renewable) or not even regged.... I guess if I said yes I wanna buy a name and its no longer renewable... they probably have a pitch to delay things long enough until its back on expired... and then they register it again

sometimes for fun I reply and remind them of all this heh
I never get a reply back. but I presume it doesn't stop them from trying elsewhere hah

I would have thought you would not have had enough time in your day to waste on such banality :)

•••
I would have thought you would not have had enough time in your day to waste on such banality :)

most I just mark as spam.
but when people try to scam you with names they don't even own then its not really a total banality any more.... cause then they assume you are basically stupid... or that they are smarter. so its okay to let them know its actually the other way round lol

DOIhTiVU8AImRS2.jpg

Last edited:
•••
most I just mark as spam.
but when people try to scam you with names they don't even own then its not really a total banality any more.... cause then they assume you are basically stupid... or that they are smarter. so its okay to let them know its actually the other way round lol

Show attachment 109243

Personally. I don't have enough free time to deal with these matters. But i take your point.

•••

lol @MapleDots

shame on you for trying to exploit their ignorance and budget restraints :)

you may not get a bargain in VIP, but you could get a good deal
and maybe a much better list of submissions to consider.

imo...

•••
Personally. I don't have enough free time to deal with these matters. But i take your point.

well... just in case I'm being misunderstood... I am not spending 5 hours a day on this.

I see maybe 5 such emails per week... cause the rest is marked as spam.

out of those 5.. when and if I am bored... I may check whois on the name.. and if I see available to reg.. I may reply.

hopefully it teaches them something and they realize they are not as clever as they thought.. before they try this on the next guy. :)

so in total this is like 20 seconds per week maybe. I think everyone has 20 seconds per week to waste hhehehehe... and yes, you too :P ........ if you insist on calling this wasted time... cause not all may see it that way.. ;) cheers

Last edited:
•••
lol @MapleDots

shame on you for trying to exploit their ignorance and budget restraints :)

HeHe..... I thought everybody did that :xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

It's kinda like peeing in the shower...
Remember the woman that got all the hate because she thought it was normal and everybody did it :ROFL::ROFL:

•••
HeHe..... I thought everybody did that :xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

It's kinda like peeing in the shower...
Remember the woman that got all the hate because she thought it was normal and everybody did it :ROFL::ROFL:

ahah

reminds of the joke about pee section in public swimming pool lol

•••
well... just in case I'm being misunderstood... I am not spending 5 hours a day on this.

I see maybe 5 such emails per week... cause the rest is marked as spam.

out of those 5.. when and if I am bored... I may check whois on the name.. and if I see available to reg.. I may reply.

hopefully it teaches them something and they realize they are not as clever as they thought.. before they try this on the next guy. :)

so in total this is like 20 seconds per week maybe. I think everyone has 20 seconds per week to waste hhehehehe... and yes, you too :P ........ if you insist on calling this wasted time... cause not all may see it that way.. ;) cheers

:) Don't get me wrong. You are entitled to use your time exactly as you wish too :) I wouldn't begrudge you 20 seconds/week :) But one thing which interests me is how you get the DFS forum delivered to your inbox as emails? So you can mark them as spam.

Last edited:
•••
:) Don't get me wrong. You are entitled to use your time exactly as you wish too :) I wouldn't begrudge you 20 seconds/week :) But one thing which interests me is how you get the DFS forum delivered to your inbox as emails? So you can mark them as spam.

well do not get me wrong either cause i also meant id not want to spend more than 20secs/week on it

me i was just talking bout general dn sale spam...whats dfs forum again? lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back