Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

M0rd0r

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think the success or otherwise of the 'Hey' endeavour will be solely rely on the marketing they employ, and should it take off then of course there is the possibility of selling the company.

Everything comes at a price, including a good email address, which after all is a form of advertising in its rawest sense. I can see the logic of the Hey enterprise but ……….. it is so open to copying I am not sure that even if successful it will end up at the top of the heap.

•••
It is clear that if the product is free, the product is the user. Let's see if the promises are true.

•••
I like some of the features, can't wait for gmail to copy them. ;)

As for investing in e-mail addresses for $99/year, somehow I fail to see a sustainable business model in that. Sure, social media handles can be worth quite a lot, but they are usually free to acquire, and they are only valuable if the service is huge. With paid accounts, I don't see hey.com becoming huge in the forseable future.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back