NameSilo

Email is the domain name X factor

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
When it comes to domain names, I think email is the x factor that is not always considered. For companies that don’t have their exact match .com domain names, I think email can be a big problem. For those who are fortunate, the email issue will be understood, although it can go undetected.

On one of my domain deals, the buyer may have been a bit too honest with me. His company was using a non-.com domain name, and he told me they were having email deliverability issues. Apparently, some of the emails that his employees were sending to partners, contractors, and others were not being received. This was a big reason he reignited a conversation that died on the vine. We were able to work out a deal, but if it weren’t for the email troubles, I think their team was content using their non .com domain name until a later date.

Alan Dunn tweeted :

Just got a sheet with the entire payroll of a co since HR emailed the .com (which they do not own). Tell me again why you need the .com?

People regularly assume a company uses the exact match .com domain name. When it comes to searching for the company, Google and Bing make it super simple for a company to be found. Email, on the other hand, can complicate things (as evidenced by Alan’s tweet). People tend to assume the email address is @ the exact match .com. If the owner of the domain name is using that email (info@domain for example) or if a catch-all email is in use, an undelivered email message may not be received by the sender to notify him of the error.

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back