Domain Empire

sales ebike.com sold for $1M

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

legendarynames

Established Member
Impact
Brokered by Kate Buckley. Buyer is Bosch. Domain was transferred over today. A wonderful sale!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Domainers all over the world tonight searching for .com hand reg beginning with letter e

•••
Curious how you approach the buyer with such a high price @Kate Buckley

Well she doesn't. She educates the buyer on the importance of having the domain using custom made pitches. When they start talking price the buyer is already anchored to a higher level. It works.

•••
Congrats to all involved in the deal,

This proves that a domain that 90% of the domainers here would have been happy to have gotten 50k for can be sold for a million dollars when you have the right end user and an experienced broker involved in the deal.

IMO
You make a lot of assumptions. Even in 2018, there was a Bid war among several investors and OP paid 72K

•••
I am glad that some companies are smart enough to spend money on premium domain names.. many companies spend 10M on marketing and dont like to spend 10k on a decent domain!

•••
i told ya @Kate Buckley belonged on thread 2021 best domain investor ever. Awesome :)
She's brokered the deal, it was not her domain.....Big difference between investor and broker

•••
•••
She's brokered the deal, it was not her domain.....Big difference between investor and broker
Well then,

She gives the domain brokers i used to think all were trash, a good name!

Bonus: She always discloses Price.
Love ya, Kate!

Samer

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Congrats to all involved in the deal,

This proves that a domain that 90% of the domainers here would have been happy to have gotten 50k for can be sold for a million dollars when you have the right end user and an experienced broker involved in the deal.

IMO

•••
•••
What a sale! Congratulations!

•••
Cool name. Top sale. Technology of the future. Several years back hiking in Switzerland we saw more ebikes than pushbikes. It's high end. They can easily retail €2000-3000 in places like Switzerland, Netherlands and Austria. Ebike sales are rocketting all over the world. Pandemic has also been a factor of increased sales. But this clever technology stands on its own. https://www.forbes.com/sites/carltonreid/2020/12/02/e-bike-sales-to-grow-from-37-million-to-17-million-per-year-by-2030-forecast-industry-experts/.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5fc76e0fdc72be55e6018986%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Edit: Bosch got a good deal. 1000 ebike sales at $3000 each if Bosch gets $1000 profit each sale it's $1million. What better name to dominate a space? Look at international Google searches. It's massive. 165000 monthly U.S.A. 74000 Germany. 74000 U.K. 49500 Canada. 49500 Australia. 33100 Austria. The word ebike is generally universal. Very smart acquisition.

Last edited:
•••
e. bike

gtld

is parked at godaddy

a

.com

investor will say the business needs the

.com

and all that speil etc

but a brand that has spent $2 m

has no choice but to buy the gtld

for the same reason that alphabet is called er alphabet when at the time b m w and presumably still own
alphabet . com etc

because internet search engines are er alphabetical

which means

e. bike

appears in organic seo

higher than the

.com

because the

e.

is alphabetically nearer the start of the alphabet than

eb

What a load of Rubbish!

•••
•••
•••
Well then,

She gives the domain brokers i used to think all were trash, a good name!

Bonus: She always discloses Price.
Love ya, Kate!

Samer
Yeah, she is a great broker

•••
Congrats on your fabulous sale!

•••
Congrats to the Seller,Brokers and Buyer.

Its an Awesome buy.

Last edited:
•••
nice domain , big industry right now

•••
Crikes! I better dust off all my e-prefix domains :)

•••
Big congratulations @legendarynames and for trusting @Kate Buckley to help you bring this life changing sale to life.

Really happy to read about this sale . @legendarynames you went all in with a different mindset to buy this name and trusted a broker with a solid sales record and she did a wonderful job , using her experience and skills .I could imagine the smile on your face @legendarynames 🙂🙂.Really happy for you .

I will definitely be using your service @Kate Buckley .👍You are a power broker.

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back