information This domain hack almost sold for $1M

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

So I came across a wild story on X (formerly Twitter). It seems like one of the better domain hacks around On.Ly almost had a $1M sale. The buyer was going to be Only Fans. But they later backed out. The seller was very open …

Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ah yes the most important word on earth... almost

•••
The high of agreeing a $1 million deal to losing it knowing this was probably your buyer and no one else will come in again on that level must be devastating.

Last edited:
•••
The buyer could (still might...) give it more consideration and come again later, but making this story public is a great disservice to such opportunity significantly reducing the chance of it happening.

•••
ah yes the most important word on earth... almost
and the most important name on Earth....... Middle Eye and Jaguar Paw - Apocalypto

•••
The buyer could (still might...) give it more consideration and come again later, but making this story public is a great disservice to such opportunity significantly reducing the chance of it happening.
Definitely informative. I wasn't aware some TLD's and ccTLD's have content restrictions.

•••
The buyer really dodged a bullet there. It would just take a bunch of effort to technically implement in any meaningful capacity and even then not one client would care if there was a few on.ly links on the site.

•••
The issue with . Ly domains nobody clicks on them avoiding phishing etc
Bit ly forverer blacklisted

This domain. ly is mainly for the use of the general public of Libya
AFRICA.

•••
i still have m.ly that i'm gladly keeping

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back