NameSilo

eBay - 2 Million Dollar Mystery 3 Letter Domain Name Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

qO_Op

Namepros MemberEstablished Member
Impact
What do you think about this eBay Auction that I just found?

FIRST THINGS FIRST PLEASE READ THE WHOLE AD BEFORE BIDDING, I ASK FOR SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY; IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO PAY THEN DON’T BID BECAUSE WHEN YOU BID YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT.

Feel free to contact me with any question’s you may have anytime, and I will get back with you as soon as possible.

BECOME A PART OF EBAY / DOMAIN NAME HISTORY WITH THE WORLD'S FIRST $2,000,000 MYSTERY DOMAIN AUCTION!!!

WHY A MYSTERY DOMAIN AUCTION?

THE #1 REASON, IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE. (BUT MANY WILL TRY AFTER THIS ONE)

MYSTERY AUCTIONS CAN BE FUN AND EXCITING!!!

MYSTERY DOMAIN AUCTION (M.D.A.) BECAUSE DOMAINS ARE THE NEW PREMIUM REAL ESTATE. HAVING A GREAT DOMAIN IS JUST LIKE HAVING A REAL ESTATE IN THE BUSIEST PART OF TOWN.

YOU COULD OPEN YOUR NEW BUSINESS.

YOU COULD USE THE REAL ESTATE TO EXPAND A BUSINESS.

ARE YOU COULD JUST KEEP IT UNTIL ALL THE LAND IS GONE THEN SELL IT.

ARE YOU COULD DEVELOP THE LAND AND THEN SELL.

ANYWAY YOU GET THE PICTURE.

BUT IF YOUR STILL NOT SURE ABOUT THE VALUE OF DOMAIN NAMES CHECK THESE SITES OUT.

DN JOURNAL
USA TODAY
THE WHIR
MSNBC
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL

NOW THIS DOMAIN ALREADY HAS A HIGH MARKET VALUE BUT IT WILL SKYROCKET AFTER THIS AUCTION NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

BECAUSE AGAIN THIS IS THE FIRST AUCTION OF IT'S KIND ON EBAY THE WORLD LARGEST ONLINE AUCTION.

AND WHEN PEOPLE HERE ABOUT YOU BUYING A DOMAIN NAME WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IT IS THE WORLD WILL TUNE IN AND REMEMBER THE DOMAIN NAME FOREVER.

AND TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WORLD TUNING IN WE HAVE PUT OUT A PRESS RELEASE FOR THIS AUCTION.
(THIS MAY BE THE FIRST TIME THAT A PRESS RELEASE HAS GONE OUT BEFORE ANYTHING IS SOLD)

THE WINNER OF THIS DOMAIN WILL BE THE HAPPIEST EBAY WINNER EVER!

NOW FOR THE DOMAIN NAME.

I HAVE A FEW THINGS I WELL TELL YOU ABOUT YOUR NEW DOMAIN

1. IT'S A VERY RARE AND SOUGHT AFTER TYPE OF DOMAIN NAME. A 3 LETTER DOMAIN NAME. GUARANTEED TO BE ALL LETTERS ARE YOUR MONEY BACK AND YOU KEEP THE DOMAIN.

LETTERS ONLY (THE ONLY NON LETTER YOU WILL SEE IS THE DOT)

2. IT HAS A VOWEL IN IT. (A, E, I, O, U)

3. AND MOST IMPORTANT WHEN GETTING A DOMAIN. CAN IT BE PRONOUNCED?
YES IT CAN AND PRONOUNCED AS A WORD (like saying RED dot whatever), NOT AS LETTERS.(ATW dot whatever)

TO TEST THIS I HAD MY 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND 8 YEAR OLD SON READ THE DOMAIN NAME, AND THEY BOTH HAD NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!!!

4. LAST THING IT'S GUARANTEED TO BE ONE OF THESE, .INFO, .NAME, .BIZ, .ORG, .NET, ARE YES .COM.

(COME ON IT'S A MYSTERY AUCTION I CAN'T TELL YOU WHICH ONE, BUT I BELIEVE YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY!)

(AND IF YOU KNOW LIKE I KNOW FINDING A 3 LETTER DOMAIN THAT HAS A VOWEL AND CAN BE SAID AS A WORD IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE!) I THINK IT IS A THIS POINT.

ONE LAST THING

THERE IS BONUS CASH FOR SOME THAT BID AND DO NOT WIN.

BUT PLEASE BID TO WIN BECAUSE IT WOULD DO YOU MORE GOOD TO HAVE THE M.D.A.

THE FIRST PERSON TO BID

$25 gets $5.00

$50 gets $10.00

$75 gets $15.00

$100 gets $25.00

$200 gets $50.00

$500 gets $80.00

$1,000 gets $100.00

$2,000 gets $200.00

$4,000 gets $400.00

$6,000 gets $600.00

$10,000 gets $1,000.00

$20,000 gets $2,100.00

$30,000 gets $3,100.00

$40,000 gets $4,100.00

$50,000 gets $5,100.00

$60,000 gets $6,100.00

$80,000 gets $8,100.00

$100,000 gets $10,200.00

$175,000 gets $17,200.00

$300,000 gets $30,200.00

$500,000 gets $50,200.00

$600,000 gets $60,200.00

$700,000 gets $70,200.00

$800,000 gets $80,200.00

$1,000,000 gets $100,500.00

ALL BONUSES ARE GUARANTEED TO BE PAID!
WHEN THE WINNING BIDDER HAS PAID IN FULL!

AND IF THE MARKERS ABOVE ARE SURPASSED THEN NEW ONE’S WILL BE ADDED!

STAYING WITH IN THE RULES OF EBAY, YOU’RE NOT BIDDING ON ANY RAFFLES, LOTTERIES, YOU’RE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG OR ILLEGAL!!

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A DOMAIN NAME. THAT I OWN AND HAVE AT GO DADDY. THE DOMAIN WILL BE PUSH TO YOUR ACCOUNT ONCE THE PAYMENT IS MADE.

LAST THINGS LAST PLEASE READ THE WHOLE AD BEFORE BIDDING I ASK FOR SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY; IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO PAY THEN DON’T BID BECAUSE WHEN YOU BID YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN! THANK YOU AND HAPPY BIDDING!

On Jun-08-06 at 04:55:41 PDT, seller added the following information:

THE PRESS RELEASE THAT HAS GET OVER 4,500 HIT AND IT JUST HIT THE SITE AT 12:00AM. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/6/prweb396150.htm

On Jun-08-06 at 16:38:00 PDT, seller added the following information:

There has been well over 27,000 hits on the press release. WOW! This is going to be bigger then I first thought it would. The winner may end up on LENO!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
anyone know what the domain was?

•••
nik_b02 - read post #114 on the previous page of this thread ...

•••
bio2pets :))))))))))))) LOL :D

•••
fleshas - ???

I did not say it was bio2pets ... I just noted that what I was saying was towards NP member bio2pets and his post (#111) ...

just clarifying in case you thought I said that the mystery domain was bio2pets ... if you meant something different (eg. you were something towards bio2pets) , disregard this post ...

•••
JP - no :lol: , I was just joking ... I said ... it was bad.name ... a bad .name ;) ... when Grrilla joked that I know it ...

... meaning that the domain name is of low value ... a baaaaad name :lol: (and possibly a .name)

you can always find out for $6,100 , if you send it to the highest bidder to pay for it and tell him to to tell you which one was it :lol: (j/k) ... because I don't think he would pay for it :lol: ... I think he was only aiming at the bonus ...

Last edited:
•••
The value of the name in this auction can be summed up w/ this wonderful, lulu of a maxim->
A name is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.
:lol:

Last edited:
•••
the .com mystery domain is at $70,100 ... I wonder if the seller is actually expecting to get paid ... :lol: ... maybe he is hoping for the goldenpalace to come over and make them all rich :lol:

check on the questions , how some people try to convince the seller that they would pay if they won ...

also do a search for "mystery" in the domain category ... ugh ... that was what I was concerned about ...

•••
Man this wank mystery auctions shit is getting out of hand.

•••
it is at $150,000 right now ... D-:

I just don't understand what the seller and the bidders are thinking ...

no person is gonna pay that amount for a domain without knowing which one is it ...

I don't understand why the seller thinks someone will pay , so as to list an auction like this and incur the costs and trouble (I think he's got goldenpalacitis)

and I don't understand why the incentivizers think that the incentivizer that outbidded them will pay that amount ($150,000 D-: ) for an unknown domain , so that they can collect the bonus ... (I think they got goldenpalacitis too)

hey hold on ... wibble ... wibble :? ... where have I seen that before :? ... :lol:

Last edited:
•••
Godian said:
hey hold on ... wibble ... wibble :? ... where have I seen that before :? ... :lol:

:) :) :)

The wibbler is out and about!

•••
•••
3 LETTER PREMIUM .COM MYSTERY DOMAIN AUCTION
Current Bid: $18,000,100.00
wowzers!

•••
something ain't right in that auction...I mean $18,000,100.00? Come one! :hehe:

•••
lets see whats gonna happen.

•••
ThreeD said:
something ain't right in that auction...I mean $18,000,100.00? Come one! :hehe:

LOL I bid 19 million but he retracted my bid.

wibble2006 ( 2 ) Cancelled: US $99,000,000.00
Explanation: Has 2 Feedback & Has Not Expressed Really Wanting The Domain!

Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Hi- I think you should seriously ask the last 2 bidders for proof of ability to pay... The bidding jumped from $150,00 to $18 million?? These...more
Jun-22-06
A: Hi Mike, Thank you for your input. Some people don't seem to understand the reason for screening. Don't worry only interested bidders are being considered....more

It's at 300,000 now lol, these mystery auctions are a joke.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back