IT.COM

eBay - 2 Million Dollar Mystery 3 Letter Domain Name Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

qO_Op

Namepros MemberEstablished Member
Impact
What do you think about this eBay Auction that I just found?

FIRST THINGS FIRST PLEASE READ THE WHOLE AD BEFORE BIDDING, I ASK FOR SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY; IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO PAY THEN DON’T BID BECAUSE WHEN YOU BID YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT.

Feel free to contact me with any question’s you may have anytime, and I will get back with you as soon as possible.

BECOME A PART OF EBAY / DOMAIN NAME HISTORY WITH THE WORLD'S FIRST $2,000,000 MYSTERY DOMAIN AUCTION!!!

WHY A MYSTERY DOMAIN AUCTION?

THE #1 REASON, IT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE. (BUT MANY WILL TRY AFTER THIS ONE)

MYSTERY AUCTIONS CAN BE FUN AND EXCITING!!!

MYSTERY DOMAIN AUCTION (M.D.A.) BECAUSE DOMAINS ARE THE NEW PREMIUM REAL ESTATE. HAVING A GREAT DOMAIN IS JUST LIKE HAVING A REAL ESTATE IN THE BUSIEST PART OF TOWN.

YOU COULD OPEN YOUR NEW BUSINESS.

YOU COULD USE THE REAL ESTATE TO EXPAND A BUSINESS.

ARE YOU COULD JUST KEEP IT UNTIL ALL THE LAND IS GONE THEN SELL IT.

ARE YOU COULD DEVELOP THE LAND AND THEN SELL.

ANYWAY YOU GET THE PICTURE.

BUT IF YOUR STILL NOT SURE ABOUT THE VALUE OF DOMAIN NAMES CHECK THESE SITES OUT.

DN JOURNAL
USA TODAY
THE WHIR
MSNBC
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL

NOW THIS DOMAIN ALREADY HAS A HIGH MARKET VALUE BUT IT WILL SKYROCKET AFTER THIS AUCTION NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

BECAUSE AGAIN THIS IS THE FIRST AUCTION OF IT'S KIND ON EBAY THE WORLD LARGEST ONLINE AUCTION.

AND WHEN PEOPLE HERE ABOUT YOU BUYING A DOMAIN NAME WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IT IS THE WORLD WILL TUNE IN AND REMEMBER THE DOMAIN NAME FOREVER.

AND TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WORLD TUNING IN WE HAVE PUT OUT A PRESS RELEASE FOR THIS AUCTION.
(THIS MAY BE THE FIRST TIME THAT A PRESS RELEASE HAS GONE OUT BEFORE ANYTHING IS SOLD)

THE WINNER OF THIS DOMAIN WILL BE THE HAPPIEST EBAY WINNER EVER!

NOW FOR THE DOMAIN NAME.

I HAVE A FEW THINGS I WELL TELL YOU ABOUT YOUR NEW DOMAIN

1. IT'S A VERY RARE AND SOUGHT AFTER TYPE OF DOMAIN NAME. A 3 LETTER DOMAIN NAME. GUARANTEED TO BE ALL LETTERS ARE YOUR MONEY BACK AND YOU KEEP THE DOMAIN.

LETTERS ONLY (THE ONLY NON LETTER YOU WILL SEE IS THE DOT)

2. IT HAS A VOWEL IN IT. (A, E, I, O, U)

3. AND MOST IMPORTANT WHEN GETTING A DOMAIN. CAN IT BE PRONOUNCED?
YES IT CAN AND PRONOUNCED AS A WORD (like saying RED dot whatever), NOT AS LETTERS.(ATW dot whatever)

TO TEST THIS I HAD MY 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER AND 8 YEAR OLD SON READ THE DOMAIN NAME, AND THEY BOTH HAD NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!!!

4. LAST THING IT'S GUARANTEED TO BE ONE OF THESE, .INFO, .NAME, .BIZ, .ORG, .NET, ARE YES .COM.

(COME ON IT'S A MYSTERY AUCTION I CAN'T TELL YOU WHICH ONE, BUT I BELIEVE YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY!)

(AND IF YOU KNOW LIKE I KNOW FINDING A 3 LETTER DOMAIN THAT HAS A VOWEL AND CAN BE SAID AS A WORD IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE!) I THINK IT IS A THIS POINT.

ONE LAST THING

THERE IS BONUS CASH FOR SOME THAT BID AND DO NOT WIN.

BUT PLEASE BID TO WIN BECAUSE IT WOULD DO YOU MORE GOOD TO HAVE THE M.D.A.

THE FIRST PERSON TO BID

$25 gets $5.00

$50 gets $10.00

$75 gets $15.00

$100 gets $25.00

$200 gets $50.00

$500 gets $80.00

$1,000 gets $100.00

$2,000 gets $200.00

$4,000 gets $400.00

$6,000 gets $600.00

$10,000 gets $1,000.00

$20,000 gets $2,100.00

$30,000 gets $3,100.00

$40,000 gets $4,100.00

$50,000 gets $5,100.00

$60,000 gets $6,100.00

$80,000 gets $8,100.00

$100,000 gets $10,200.00

$175,000 gets $17,200.00

$300,000 gets $30,200.00

$500,000 gets $50,200.00

$600,000 gets $60,200.00

$700,000 gets $70,200.00

$800,000 gets $80,200.00

$1,000,000 gets $100,500.00

ALL BONUSES ARE GUARANTEED TO BE PAID!
WHEN THE WINNING BIDDER HAS PAID IN FULL!

AND IF THE MARKERS ABOVE ARE SURPASSED THEN NEW ONE’S WILL BE ADDED!

STAYING WITH IN THE RULES OF EBAY, YOU’RE NOT BIDDING ON ANY RAFFLES, LOTTERIES, YOU’RE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG OR ILLEGAL!!

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A DOMAIN NAME. THAT I OWN AND HAVE AT GO DADDY. THE DOMAIN WILL BE PUSH TO YOUR ACCOUNT ONCE THE PAYMENT IS MADE.

LAST THINGS LAST PLEASE READ THE WHOLE AD BEFORE BIDDING I ASK FOR SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY; IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO PAY THEN DON’T BID BECAUSE WHEN YOU BID YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A LEGAL BINDING CONTRACT.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN! THANK YOU AND HAPPY BIDDING!

On Jun-08-06 at 04:55:41 PDT, seller added the following information:

THE PRESS RELEASE THAT HAS GET OVER 4,500 HIT AND IT JUST HIT THE SITE AT 12:00AM. http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/6/prweb396150.htm

On Jun-08-06 at 16:38:00 PDT, seller added the following information:

There has been well over 27,000 hits on the press release. WOW! This is going to be bigger then I first thought it would. The winner may end up on LENO!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it will most likely turn out to be a 3 letter .biz with a "q" in it or something :)

•••
I like the idea of progressive payback for first person to bid $xxx
J.K.

•••
They certainly put alot of work into it.....If it is a .name .biz,Someone maybe really upset :lol:

I agree with suntech,The bidding incentives are pretty cool... I've seen stranger things happen on ebay,If they get 100K...They will have acomplished a huge sale imo,I'll be watching this one-LOL

Last edited:
•••
"Mystery" auctions only benefit one person - the seller.

It's even possible that the seller has multiple domains and will give one relative to the price paid. Whatever happens the buyer will lose out.

Want a crappy domain? Bid on his auction!

:imho:

•••
yeah, I saw the auction yesterday and had the chance to be the first to bid the $200- don't know what its at now. I think B33R is right, they probably have a handful of names and will dish out one that relates to final price. My money is on a dodgy .name, hence I never did bid. Got to admire the ingenuity of the seller though...

•••
its not.. i did it before.. but did it small

•••
how do you verify that there is truely someone that win the bonus?

"THERE IS BONUS CASH FOR SOME THAT BID AND DO NOT WIN."

•••
nmr86 said:
its not.. i did it before.. but did it small
Is it you? What's the domain, please, please pretty please!! (i don't like surprises!)

joke btw- good luck with the sale :)

•••
gingeman said:
yeah, I saw the auction yesterday and had the chance to be the first to bid the $200- don't know what its at now. I think B33R is right, they probably have a handful of names and will dish out one that relates to final price. My money is on a dodgy .name, hence I never did bid. Got to admire the ingenuity of the seller though...

Iam thinking a .name aswell, Possibly a .biz,Oh well..If folks can sell chicken breast,Grilled cheese sandwichs,Haunted dirt,,I guess the possibilitly of a LLL.name going for 25K is possible,,I am just glad i wont be on the receiveing end
:lol:

•••
Lots of if's with this one, I know I am not the best at grammer, but reading through this ad leads me to believe that the owner is not from the US (even though ebay lists him/her as regged in the US).

Even Godaddy is listed as Go Daddy (note the space). Wouldn't you think that someone with a good 3 letter domain hosted at Godaddy would at least get the name right?

Oh well, PT Barnum is still alive and well.

•••
That is full of crap.

He says this is the first mystery domain auction?
FALSE.

And for a person who can't seem to find the caps lock...i wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

•••
I think it's safe to say that the mystery domain isn't a .com

3 letter .com's don't need a "circus" to generate interest.

The winner will get screwed. The non winning bidder who get's the bonus will be the true winner (if they ever see the money).

This will probably end badly.

•••
ebay shouldn't alow crap like this

•••
wow, 17 bids.. and up to 510 dollars.. thats 509 dollars more than its worth

•••
NameClerk.com said:
This will probably end badly.

Who knows :)

I'd like to see how much it actually goes for!

•••
webcom said:
ebay shouldn't alow crap like this

I agree...But they have allowed alot worse...And the funny part is....These sellers always seem to cash in :lol:

•••
The same seller is selling AB1C.com, net, biz and stuff like that, and he talks rubbish on that auction aswell....

The bull that he talks makes him money... and why would anyone bid $1,000,000 for $100,500 back???

He says that his children could read them alright... but he obviously has no grammar capabilities when he keeps using 'ARE' as a replacement for the word 'OR' all the way through.

Idiot!

•••
I'm guessing it something as awful as qaf.biz. More power to the guy if he gets people bidding on it.

•••
I saw that auction as well. I didn't like the looks of his other auctions, I even searched back 30 days. I agree he mostly likely has a bunch of 3 lettered domains and will choose one in the end depending on the price. I agree the buyer will not be pleased.

•••
Morphmaster said:
That is full of crap.
i wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
That about sums it up for me too :hehe:

•••
i bet it's a .info . Even if it goes for a lot and he has a few 3letter names, he'll still give out his crappiest one

•••
I predict it is a worth less .name and I predict this auction wont be successful, i.e. the highest bidder wont pay.

•••
I wish I could generate this kind of intrest in my auctions, but I guess I am too honest...

Someone won't be happy when this ends, I am guessing...

Can you say woQ.name? :(

•••
The very fact he even mentioned .name turns me off to this auction.. virtually any .name he could have would be worthless IMO.

I agree he's probably holding multiple domains of this sort and this is his way of doling out the worst at a high price. I also agree this can only end badly for the "winner".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back