Status
Not open for further replies.

rallly616

Established Member
Impact
i handregged 7 one letter .uk domains today
what do you think for example E.uk is worth

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's impossible, do you also own E.co.uk?

•••
A case of a newbie + a bad registrar?

•••
no, godaddy said the whole ".co.uk" thing blocked me from getting f.uk but i was able to get the rest no problem

•••
Don't worry, the L.co.uk (L=letter) owners will say "Thank you" for getting the domains for free. Only .co.uk owners can own the .uk version of their domains. It's a security measure that will last for a couple of years more.

•••
You will definitely get some emails from Godaddy pretty soon

•••
lol whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
howcome it blocked f.uk for those reasons but it cleared the other ones?

•••
"Please note that as a courtesy to .CO.UK domain owners, they have the first rights to their domain name on .UK. In fact, Nominet is giving .CO.UK domain owners a full five years to decide if they want to purchase their domain name on .UK. For .ORG.UK and .ME.UK owners, Nominet says, "in the small proportion of instances where there could be competition - e.g. where one person holds, for example, .CO.UK and another holds, for example, .ORG.UK - the shorter domain will be offered to the .CO.UK registrant." Similarly, if it is between .ORG.UK and .ME.UK, .ORG.UK takes priority. The only difference in priority occurs if, for example, the .ORG.UK was registered before 10/28/13 23:59 UTC and the .CO.UK was registered after that date. In this case, .ORG.UK has priority over .CO.UK. If you aren't sure who has the rights to your domain name (or the domain name you had in mind), the best way of checking who has the rights to it is via therights checker."

•••
when i search e.uk it dosent show anything about the whois, i guess i dont understand why godaddy allowed me to buy it if i legally couldnt ?

•••
You can buy it but in the same time you are not allowed to own it :) Nominet rules

•••
I guess e.uk is worth around $200,000 however as e entertaiment own the .co.uk and you don't then e.uk also belongs to them and not to you.

Add the other 6 and it would go over $1 million plus, but sadly not for you.

A simple registrar error.

•••
You can buy it but in the same time you are not allowed to own it :) Nominet rules
lol can i sue godaddy for getting my hopes up :P
so what is godaddy going to take it away and reimburse me or what

•••
Just ask for a refund. I think the 7 days rule applies to .uk too.

•••
and what would happen if i keep it?
would it just disappear one day?

•••
•••
dimmadarn, is that the case for all .uk domains because i got go.uk too : (

•••
also what would happen if i sell it right now

•••
Sell what ? A dream ?
This is a registrar bug.

•••
@rallly616 You'll be arrested, hurry MI6 agents are on their way to get you already. : wink :

Always check the registry directly
http://www.nominet.uk/whois/?query=e.uk#whois-results
Domain name: e.uk
Right of registration: e.co.uk
WHOIS lookup made at 08:26:09 22-Apr-2016

GoDaddy is one of the worst for showing not available names as available, I conspire they do it on purpose. EuroDNS also has poor availability programming bugs.

•••
I'm surprised they would actually let you go through with the purchase. If you look in your Manage Domains, is it actually in there?

•••
Just got off the phone with Go Daddy, and they said it was an error, saddest day of my domaining life:(

•••
I just tried registering a few .UK now for interst sake with GD to see what happens.....it takes me all the way to shopping cart for me to checkout page...lol I didn't carry on but man it would have been awesome to have owned FA.UK - (FA = also chinese Pinyin for Wealth/prosperity) ....it's in my shopping cart but no point in me registering it...lol

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back