domain E.uk is in auction at Godaddy Public Auction but its unregistered

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmpireNames.com

Founder @ Rooted.com Previously Empire NamesTop Member
Impact
I saw domain in auction E.uk at first glance i thought wow what a domain but then i started research on it and found it unregistered and available in godaddy for registration but condition to register it you must own e.co.uk or e.org.uk or e.me.uk so now question is if the domain is not registered how is it in public auction of Godaddy?
is it scam?or what?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe the domain was listed in good faith.
Some registrars have bugs and will let you 'register' names that are not available.
The domain may even show up in your account but of course you can't really do anything.
Code:
Domain name:
        e.uk

Right of registration:
        e.co.uk
Source: https://www.nominet.uk/whois/?query=e.uk#whois-results

Normally, they should realize their mistake a few hours later...
Stay away from buggy registrars, if they can't handle a registration, renewals might fail too - they would charge you and the names would remain listed in your account even though you no longer own them. It has happened many times.

•••
Been doing transfers lately and some domains just realized now I never got a receipt emailed but the domain is still in my account.

Wild west domains GoDaddy reseller.

And yes I saw that e.uk domain too. It's an idn right?

•••
Thats not idn...i confirmed by call...but i m not bidding on it as i feel sometjing is wrong with this...i should have e.co.uk ...thats strange

•••
Maybe it's being sold by the e.co.uk owner but how he is able to auction it with out registering it is beyond me.

Just to add to own a .uk domain you need to have an valid UK address.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back