IT.COM

e.uk is available! or just an error??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

1domain

Established Member
Impact
Just found out that e.uk is available for hand reg, not sure if that's an error. I mean that's just 1 letter! Following are screen shots from Godaddy and Domaintools

image.jpg

image.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Following also seem available. I doubt, these could be errors.

a.UK
f.UK
k.UK
q.UK
u.UK
v.UK
y.UK
z.UK

•••
You can't register a .uk without owning the same domain in .co.uk

•••
•••
Well, now it's a little different already.
  • Anyone wanting a new .uk domain, where there are no existing domains of the same name with rights (.co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk, .net.uk, ltd.uk or .plc.uk), will simply be able to register the new .uk domain.
  • Please check here if the domain you wish to register has existing rights: http://www.dotuklaunch.org.uk/rights-lookup-tool. See Grandfathering phase for further details on reserved domains.
  • Existing owners have until 07:59 UTC June 10, 2019 to activate their equivalent .UK domain through this phase. Pre-registrations will be submitted to the registry on June 10 at 08:00 UTC.

•••
Yes, I found an awesome .uk one a few weeks back, actually forget it now, but I discovered I needed to own the .co.uk before proceeding so that knocked that on the head.

A quick tip for anyone searching for available .uk domains..

Go to your registrar and search under .co.uk. If that one is available you can freely register your .uk version.

•••
e.uk would be worth some high $$$$$ I suppose

•••
•••
A LOT of great .uk domains are still available as for a fair few more years, they are only available to one person/organisation. There would be little point in that person spending money on a few years of domain renewals when no-one else can buy it, so they may as well leave it until the deadline of when it goes available to other people to pick it up. Sadly, I didn't think of that to start with and reg'd a few haha.

•••
today 1 letter domain - z.com was sold for $6.8m. Only few of them(1 letter domains) in .com exist

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back