IT.COM

Dynadot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Reviews and information for Dynadot

ICANN accreditted registrar that not may people know about. The domain management interface is easy to navigate and actually makes sense.

One of the best new features is domain deletion within the first 5 days of registration for full credit to be used at a later date.

If you spend more than $500.00 per year, you qualify for our bulk prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lol

great topic WBR, Alex

•••
Review

Very good provider, within 8mins of sending payment thru via paypal domain was up. was able to set it up with google apps really fast with it!

•••
Simply great

I love them. Haven't used them much before, came there because I bought a domain that was pushed to me there. From now on I use them for just about all domain registration. So easy to use, such a friendly interface. Makes godaddy look like some cheap whore trying to sell everything it has.
Oh, and they had best price on .asia I could find around!

•••
Review

Have several regs here, and one 'tasting' also without hitch. High marks for a clean, easily-navigable layout, smooth checkout process, and absence of hardsell subroutines.

•••
all in all, the best registrar ever!!

dynadot is the best registrar I have ever used they have great service and great prices!

•••
Review

althought the price is not bad,their customer service is very very bad.i had some problems with them lately.:(

•••
Review

nice API and user friendly interface

•••
Dynadot is better than most of the other registrars, but I found one serious issue with them which destroys all their good reputation, IMO.

Regarding ASCII registrations, they are very nice.

Regarding IDN registrations, in some cases, a few IDNs are being displayed as "Available", but they are practically "not available".

If you try to register any of such domain names, Dynadot initially displays them as "Available" and allows you to pay for those domain name(s). Once you make the payment, they simply send you an email message that the order has failed, and the amount that you paid was credited to your dynadot account. This is nothing but holding the money, and forcing the customer to use their service for further domain registrations even though the customer is not interested in purchasing another name.

Most of the registrars authorize your CC only after successfully registering a domain name. They do not authorize your CC for unavailable names, and some registrars offer full refund to your CC in case of CC authorization for unavailable names.

So Dynadot ultimately fails with their **Crediting** activity. :td:

•••
I Love Dynadot

Dynadot is best . .I love Dynadot

•••
Great Register

I haven't had too many experiences with other registers but DYNADOT is one of the best I've tried IMO. The basic uncluttered layout make thing easier and less frustrating. The service is fast and within seconds your domain name is available.

•••
Not the best but it works for me

it works for me. i have some domains on it as well

•••
Just signed up my first domain there and the domain was ready in minutes. The user-friendly interface is a great boon too. All my other domains are going over to Dynadot as well.

•••
Review

Nice, haven't contacted they customer service yet

•••
I've been very happy with them

I've been very happy with them. I just wish they had a referral program.

•••
Dynadot is very serious company. I've reviewed them and others recently on my blog.

•••
seems like they're a really good company - I might give em a go, I need to change badly

•••
Review

Great, brilliant registrar. I love everything about them except there price is a bit higher then others.

•••
Safe and secure!

Dynadot is a very secure registrar...almost too secure in a way. I received an email in which they asked me to verify my phone number, or call their 1-800 number. This was a reasonable enough request, but in the email they said if I did not respond within 2 days, they reserved the right to cancel my domain(s). I did not check my email box attached to them until 4 days after having received the message, but nothing at all happened. I posted about this issue on their forums and another user responded who was helpful. Although I did not respond directly with customer service, this user said they answered a question about the same email notification and that it was simply an automated security message. So other than taking some unusual measures to keep your account safe, I do appreciate the fact that they obviously care.

The best thing I like about Dynadot is their grace deletion option. If you register a domain and decide you don't like it, within 5 days of registration you have the option to delete the domain for credit, minus a 20 cent deletion fee. I've taken advantage of this option several times! Their pricing is fair, however Whois guard costs $2 which I find to be a bit much. Orders are usually processed in a timely fashion too.

In the end, Dynadot is easy to use and trustworthy. I recommend them for their grace deletion option if nothing else! :)

•••
Review

Interface is quite clear and fast. There is Moneybookers payment option and this is one of the main virtues of this registrar, as I receive many payments in Moneybookers (much lower commission unlike PayPal) and now I can spend them to renew my domains. Prices are questionable because they are higher than at GoDaddy for .coms but on the other hand they offer cheaper .net renewals, that together with Moneybookers feature became main reason why I moved my domains to them.

However I'm very dissappointed with Dynadot about their transfer feature. Though I placed bulk transfer request together with auth codes (for about 100 LLLL.net domains) it occurred that it's not so easy as it seemed, because they send transfer requests for each domain separately. And that is not the only problem. Another problem that you can't click all links in received transfer request and then approve them all - domain transfer request will not approved then. You need to open one link, approve it, then open another link, approve it, etc... This is much slower than if I would first opened 100 links and then approved them one by one...

100 transfer requests at a time???? That would be nice, however they are sending me transfer requests only 3 emails at a time. And I will not receive transfer request for the following names until I approve these first 3 domains.... Imagine what a head ache if you ordered to transfer 100 domains. I'm afraid that this will last for weeks :( Currently it's already 4 days since I ordered bulk transfer and I managed to approve only about 20 transfers and the other 80% of domains are still "in processing queue (usually processed within 24 hours)"

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot.com Many Problems And Troubles

This company is full of problems. I had to write to better business bureau and dynadot.com is still causing me problems. Today is October 24th 2008 and my business is not working because email forwarding is not working. When I contacted dynadot.com, instead of treating me like a customer, they treated me like a harrasser. Please keep away from Dynadot.com, they have received 100's of dollars from me and in return I get abuse.

•••
Great registrar, move all my domains from godaddy to dynadot!

The adv. dns setting could be better...

Quck responce on any support/sales ticket!

•••
love123 said:
This company is full of problems. I had to write to better business bureau and dynadot.com is still causing me problems. Today is October 24th 2008 and my business is not working because email forwarding is not working. When I contacted dynadot.com, instead of treating me like a customer, they treated me like a harrasser. Please keep away from Dynadot.com, they have received 100's of dollars from me and in return I get abuse.

This company is full of problems. - what problems?
I had to write to better business bureau and dynadot.com is still causing me problems. - see a copy?
my business is not working because email forwarding is not working - are you in the business of spam?
they treated me like a harrasser. - what did you say to them first?
they have received 100's of dollars from me - receipt or screen shot?
I get abuse - :laugh:

a great registrar and simple interface! A+

•••
No registrar would be able to compete with them if they lowered their price a bit, they are the best as far as I am concerned but I dont want to pay almost $2 more per .com

•••
Dean26 said:
No registrar would be able to compete with them if they lowered their price a bit, they are the best as far as I am concerned but I dont want to pay almost $2 more per .com
You can have bulk pricing if you fund your account with just 500$. And you will get 7.75 for .com and 5.99 for .net. Normallly any domainer has at least 100 domains, so I think this is not the problem

I've been using for a longer time now and I got already used to them. Very convenient. I like their feature of managing portfolio - creating folders.

•••
still 7.75 is not good enough for me when name offers $7 for new reg and when I need to transfer GD has transfer for $7. Anyway at 7.75 I will just register through my own reseller if there were no other options.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back