Dynadot

'Pending Approval' at Dynadot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone experienced the 'Pending Approval' message staying there for a very long time when trying to register a domain at Dynadot?

I haven't been able to register a single domain for days now because of that message staying there, sometimes for hours.

Eventually, someone else gets the domain and I'm left with the 'credit' email hours later when the registration fails.

Support is constantly 'busy' on my side for some reason (not that they normally provide any solutions)

It would help if anyone has experienced this and can share any insight

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes. Huge problem with this. I'm only regging drop domains at the moment so haven't tried one dropped for a long time or never registered. I'm even paying with account funds. Last time when I contacted support they just blamed "the que". Sounds like an excuse for some other issues. Over half an hour now still pending.

I contacted chat and they said the reg was flagged for manual approval. Got it approved while in chat. Told them I wanted details on the flag. Maybe they will follow up.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy because that's how I feel when I contact Dynadot's support. They never seem to distinguish an actual issue from just a temp glitch.

For me the 'pending approval' has lasted for hours not just 30mins. My solution is to register the domains elsewhere (as I've already told support but they are as indifferent as possible)

Please share if you get any more info on the issue.

•••
I found that this "approval" applies to payment (credit card). Why is this - no idea. I experience similar issue adding $$$ to account balance. They are always able to fix it in chat. It is so annoying to enter chat each time after CC deposit... Paypal payments are instant though. With a sufficient account balance, there are no delays with any actions requiring payment.

•••
Just to clarify,
I always use my account's funds which I make sure to keep to at least mid $xxx as a minimum.

Funds are not the problem, it's the negativity I find from the support to acknowledge the problem and forward it to the appropriate channels.
If the techs are not aware of the issue, how are they going to fix it?

btw. I found a temporary solution via the insta-reg (Main Panel -> Tools -> Insta-reg)
That way a domain gets instantly registered (as the name suggests as long as there are enough account funds). It doesn't work for all extensions however.

The fact that insta-reg works fine whereas the normal register procedure does not is another indication that this is a bug in the system.

•••
i just renew a domain there, and it took more than 2 hours from "order received" to "order finished"

•••
I use PP to pay for everything there and have never had one single issue.

The only delay I have ever seen is sometimes transfers can go in the que usually no more than an hour before transfer is initiated. Even that is infrequent for me.

If they want to accept all these other payment methods they need to make sure each and every one works seamlessly and quickly .

Last edited:
•••

dynadot Serious bug! all domain register require manual approval​

•••
All the time but their chat is so fast and responsive it doesn't seem to matter. Inconvenient however.

•••
This is an absurd problem with @Dynadot . In my instances, it doesn't seem to matter that I've spent a fair amount of money with them, or that I have numerous domains in my account - if paying by credit card, I expect the "processing" and "pending approval".

I've had orders that have been over 1 hour since order acceptance that are still in this frozen stage. Chat support is friendly and can process the orders when requested, but this shouldn't be normal procedure.

If funds are available in "prepay" (and used to pay), the order goes right through.

Dynadot is very good, but this is a bad flaw when you want to register domains.

•••
If funds are available in "prepay" (and used to pay), the order goes right through.
No they don't.
I always use prepay and, as mentioned in my previous post, I still get this problem (super-bulk account)

The only way I have found to get orders processed immediately, as mentioned in that same post, is by using insta-reg. Try it and you'll never have any issues again for most tlds.

•••
Odd.

For me:
- My prepay orders have gone through quickly, going through normal registration process. I don't recall an instance that took an extended time with them.
- I've used the "insta-reg" and it did go quickly too, also used prepay funds.
- API registration goes quickly, also using prepay funds.
- Credit card orders for a single domain have been a mixture of quick and slow.
- Credit card orders for multiple domains in one order, I believe, have all been slow.

I'd prefer not to keep having to top up prepay funds and having that sit there. Obviously, there is a benefit for @Dynadot to keep users filling up their prepay.

Whatever the situation - something isn't right. Why are we getting flagged for manual reviews? It would be nice if their system would stop flagging a customer if the customer has been proven reliable.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back