IT.COM

Dynadot

NameSilo
Watch
Reviews and information for Dynadot

ICANN accreditted registrar that not may people know about. The domain management interface is easy to navigate and actually makes sense.

One of the best new features is domain deletion within the first 5 days of registration for full credit to be used at a later date.

If you spend more than $500.00 per year, you qualify for our bulk prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Review

Hi,

i just *have* to post how much i'm satisfied with dynadot as a registrar.

It's only a short time i have been with them but so far i can only say good things about them.

Although they're not the cheapest ones ($7.99) compared to godaddy, moniker etc here's what i love about them:

- One of the most easiest interfaces to handle that i have come across
- Superfast integration of Paypal payment
- Customer support that actually answers the phone, is competent and quick
- They're an ICANN accredited registrar, no reseller-ism here

Especially the third point is worth going in details a bit more:

I had a technical problem/question so i called them up in the first minute of their business hours and indeed someone picked up the phone.

That alone is worth a mention as it's not something you can take for granted with registrars these days !

Although in the end the problem could not really be solved (not their fault really) the support lady was technically competent, knew what she was talking about and even more important when we reached a point where she wasn't sure 100% anymore about some technical issue she promised me to ask her boss as soon he comes in and to contact me by email about the issue then.

What can i say - 1 hour later i had a personal email from her, going in details about the issue and what she had talked about with her boss.

So the absolute opposite of a standard reply that one is used to expect these days.

Oh did i mention so far i only have like 8 or 9 names with them ?!

After all that crap i have been through with especially the likes of registerfly, it's really refreshing to see and experience customer support indeed *CAN* be done in a customer satisfying way !

I almost had given up my hopes on that :)

So a full thumbs up for dynadot and i hope it stays this way !

•••
I created this thread awhile ago, since then they have added

.us
.co.uk
.cc
.tv

•••
worst company. they locked my domain for no reason at all. i was using a script that a friend had paid for and given to me and they claimed it was stolen and locked my domain. when i asked them to refund my money i got no response.

•••
stumpd said:
worst company. they locked my domain for no reason at all. i was using a script that a friend had paid for and given to me and they claimed it was stolen and locked my domain. when i asked them to refund my money i got no response.
what kind of script?

•••
if your domain is hosted on their server they can do that.

•••
Hmm - have you tried their phone support ?

I have found them to be most responsive and friendly really.

•••
no it's not on their servers. i did call their customer service and they finally returned my call. they tried saying it was against their tos and they want proof i purchased the script. i did purchase the script and i added in my own features. i see no point in showing proof. i cursed the girl out. anybody have an idea of what more i can do?

•••
Great interface

The Best Domain interface I have ever used.

•••
Review

no it's not on their servers. i did call their customer service and they finally returned my call. they tried saying it was against their tos and they want proof i purchased the script. i did purchase the script and i added in my own features. i see no point in showing proof. i cursed the girl out. anybody have an idea of what more i can do?
maybe be a little more polite, remove the script from your website so they unlock your domain. When you buy a domain you agree to the ToS, so there's hardly any way to blame them!

I personally have never had problems with them, easy to use, feature rich, good customer service and prices are way below average.

•••
Great one!

Cheap prices, fast response for transfers, registrations and customer attention.

However there is no option to setup your own nameservers.

•••
Review Thread: Dynadot

BasedSolutions said:
Cheap prices, fast response for transfers, registrations and customer attention.

However there is no option to setup your own nameservers.

:hi:

I'm a Dynadot customer also.

You certainly can change the Name Servers.

I have 153 domains there all with Name Servers of my choice.

Click "Manage Domains". Then you'll see the Menu Options.

"Renew" "Add Privacy" "Set Name Servers" "Set Lock" etc.

You have to select one or more domains before clicking "Set Name Servers".

The rest is very easy.

HTH,
Patrick

•••
not only can you change them but they update lightning fast. I can have a new domain live almost as soon as i finish checkout.

•••
Review: Dynadot

Dynadot is the top-of-the-line registrar! I wouldn't use them for hosting. But, they're a domainers' dream.

•••
Excellent - A++

10's all around from me. I love Dynadot..As some of the other said. Their site is uncluttered, straight, and to the point. They accept paypal which is also convient for me. Two thumbs up for Dynadot!

•••
Try Dynadot's hosting @ $1 per month.

Given how efficient the maintenance of Dynadot's registrar service is, I had to try their $1 per month hosting plan as well.

Although there are no perl or php scripts, if you can live without scripting, it can't be beat. In fact, the lack of scripting means their service will be more secure.

The setup is instant, and you can change the site you're hosting at any time. Instantly. Dynasite rocks!

Last edited:
•••
Very Reliable, best by far.

I have never had a single problem with them, and when I have a question they are always very quick to answer it. They are constantly listening to customers for new features and they actually follow through with that.

•••
The Best - El mejor registrador de Dominios

I have several domains here.
Very Good service. Fast. Honesty.

El mejor servicio para registrar dominios: Dynadot
Panel sencillo, los mejores precios.

•••
:xf.love:

Oh man i got in love with this registrar :xf.love:

Is simply amazing !!!

•••
Review

I love them. It's usually cheap, never had a problem and the most intuitive interface i ever seen.

•••
amazing

I use Dynadot for all my domains and I love them. Customer support is simply amazing. It works great! I have a few minor complaints about the interface, but it is still for the most part very easy to use. I would recommend Dynadot to anyone for domains.

•••
Great

I have used Dynadot for a few years now. I like that they give you a bulk discount.

"This account qualifies for bulk pricing. You must have spent $500.00 in the last 400 days. You have spent $2,373.99"

•••
Today is my 1 year anniversary apparently.

Here's to you dynadot.

$1,715.72 in the last 365 days.
This account qualifies for bulk pricing.

•••
great registrar

great service - i recommend it

•••
Review

A very good registrar...great for domain tasting...

•••
Excellent registrar

Price is not the cheapest one but quick customer support and very easy to use control panel with lots of functions are excellent. Everything you need for domains. Top quality registrar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back