IT.COM

Dynadot responded and they changed their policy. My Dynadot experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do u consider that Dynadot allows widthrawal of under $500 only to Americans as Discrimination ?

• 1st

No

votes
    44.8%
  • 2nd

Yes

votes
    37.9%
  • 3rd

I don't know

votes
    13.8%
  • 4th

Dynadot changed their policy and now it's cool

vote
    3.4%

• 29 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

NewDayBrand

Today is a Brand New DayEstablished Member
Impact
Dynadot staff was cool and responsive and the problem was solved in a few days. This thread is kept only for the archives

My domain was sold at auction at $150
I got the money on my prepay account 5 days later after i asked for it. Otherwise i don't know when i could get it.
But what really made me angry is that i cannot get my money in my paypal account. When i asked why Dynadot said i must have $500 in order to withdraw it. They also said my account is not yet old enough. I suggested to verify it with my passport but they were not interested.

But what really made me angry is this:

"We can also only allow withdrawals of under $500 to Paypal accounts based in the USA at this time unfortunately."

I consider this to be discrimination against non american people. God bless America and every place in the world not only America.

Please vote to help the domainers community understand better.

Do you consider this to be discrimination ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can see by yourself in the PM. I added you to the conversation

Thanks. I'm not comfortable with sharing any quotes from a private conversation but by the looks of it they do allow payouts under $500 to US PayPal account holders if your dynadot account is older than 6 months.

Not applicable to me but might be good to know for others.

Last edited:
•••
the looks of it they do allow payouts under $500 to US PayPal account holders if your dynadot account is older than 6 months.

Seems pretty fair to me.

Clearly the guy didn't even speak to Dynadot to begin with. Dynadot got him the sale. Rename the thread to "Thank you Dynadot For Getting Me A Sale"

Case closed.

Last edited:
•••
This is a problem, OP should be able to withdraw their money. TOS should change.

But OP, terrible thread title. Its not just you, its a domainer thing, these titles that really don't help at all. They are a good registrar, hope they fix this issue.
I changed the title
I was very angry..
7 days trying to get my money and no results

•••
Seems pretty fair to me.

Clearly the guy didn't even speak to Dynadot to begin with. Dynadot got him the sale. Rename the thread to "Thank you Dynadot For Getting Me A Sale"

Case closed.
Bro I can sell a 4 letters .com anywhere. Thanks for all what you wrote, but actually I'm looking for a solution

Last edited:
•••
Not trying to be harsh but you should know full policies and terms of payment before listing anywhere. This policy isn’t new and the main reason why more people don’t list there. Do your homework. It has been brought up many many times.

It is not discriminatory its their policy. Just like Epik is the only registrar that demands account verification to take funds out or to not have locks in place.Just like GoDaddy doesn’t give free privacy like most do. Their policies.

Also you can sell a domain before 60 days anywhere. They just have to be willing to accept a push.

•••
My domain was sold at auction at $150
I got the money on my prepay account 5 days later after i asked for it. Otherwise i don't know when i could get it.
But what really made me angry is that i cannot get my money in my paypal account. When i asked why Dynadot said i must have $500 in order to withdraw it. They also said my account is not yet old enough. I suggested to verify it with my passport but they were not interested.

But what really made me angry is this:

"We can also only allow withdrawals of under $500 to Paypal accounts based in the USA at this time unfortunately."

I consider this to be discrimination against non american people. God bless America and every place in the world not only America.

Please vote to help the domainers community understand better.

Do you consider this to be discrimination ?
I'm sorry to hear of this, unfortunately we can't allow any withdrawals to accounts under 6 months old as mentioned in our payout policy:

https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/payout-policy

We also don't advertise that we can offer payouts below $500 as this can only be allowed in special circumstances. Unfortunately this is only available to US-based Paypal accounts due to fees from Paypal, withdrawals to international Paypal accounts incur extra fees from Paypal (which also vary depending on the country of the Paypal account), and as a result we're unable to offer lower withdrawals to those accounts at this time. We are actively working to reduce our withdrawal limits however and offer withdrawals to any international customers as long as they meet the payout policy's requirements.

Last edited:
•••

Is that mentioned in their auctions policy?

What's this @Dynadot? Why can't you allow withdrawals outside US? What's your reasoning? Do you have an alternate way to let him withdraw the payment if not through Paypal. You can't just lock him out of his funds like that!

Cheers
We do allow withdrawals to any Paypal account, rather than just US accounts, however due to additional fees incurred from Paypal we're unable to offer withdrawals below $500 to international accounts at this time unfortunately.

•••
The non US detail is not mentioned in their policy bro
I invited you to the private discussion i had with them to see by your self.
I will invite anyone who wants to see it
This isn't mentioned as the $500 minimum withdrawal applies to all users, we are only able to make exceptions to that rule for US customers under special circumstances. This isn't possible for non-US based Paypal accounts unfortunately due to higher and varying Paypal fees for international withdrawals.

•••
The non US detail is not mentioned in their policy bro
I invited you to the private discussion i had with them to see by your self.
I will invite anyone who wants to see it
For security reasons we would not recommend allowing access to those messages as private account information was shared.

•••
I live in the US and now I'm more confused, Dynadot.

What "special circumstances" do you speak of?

Make policy clear, US clients, have to fight to withdraw <$500?

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I live in the US and now more confused, Dynadot.

What "special circumstances" do you speak of?

# Make this policy a little more clear.

Samer
Each such request would be judged by the team on a case-by-case basis which is why this isn't listed in our payout policy, and was only mentioned in the private conversation with the possibility of the OP having a US-based account in mind.

For any payout requests below $500 we'd need to ask you to contact our account managers at [email protected] and they'd be able to check if it would be possible to withdraw your funds.

•••
Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that we hear you and have made some changes to our Payout Policy based on feedback in this thread, other threads, as well as customer interactions on our website.
  • The payout minimum has been reduced from $500 to $100 USD
  • The 6 month account age restriction has been removed for User Auction payouts
  • The 6 month account age restriction has been removed for Marketplace Listing payouts
We still have the age restriction for prepay payouts as we have dealt with fraud cases in the past. However, we are hoping these positive changes will peak your interests in using our Marketplace and User Auction platforms. We are always looking to improve and appreciate all the input.

See more on our Payout Policy.

•••
Hello everyone, just wanted to let you know that we hear you and have made some changes to our Payout Policy based on feedback in this thread, other threads, as well as customer interactions on our website.
  • The payout minimum has been reduced from $500 to $100 USD
  • The 6 month account age restriction has been removed for User Auction payouts
  • The 6 month account age restriction has been removed for Marketplace Listing payouts
We still have the age restriction for prepay payouts as we have dealt with fraud cases in the past. However, we are hoping these positive changes will peak your interests in using our Marketplace and User Auction platforms. We are always looking to improve and appreciate all the input.

See more on our Payout Policy.
Your decision is very encouraging and it proves Dynadot has a wonderful team
Thank you for your prompt response. I will now use this money to buy from your marketplace hoping that in the near future i will be able to sell in less than 30 days (30 days lock)
Thank you again.
My respectful regards

•••
Thank you everybody
You can change or delete your votes now btw

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back