Dynadot

Dynadot responded and they changed their policy. My Dynadot experience

NameSilo
Watch

Do u consider that Dynadot allows widthrawal of under $500 only to Americans as Discrimination ?

• 1st

No

votes
    44.8%
  • 2nd

Yes

votes
    37.9%
  • 3rd

I don't know

votes
    13.8%
  • 4th

Dynadot changed their policy and now it's cool

vote
    3.4%

• 29 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

NewDayBrand

Today is a Brand New DayEstablished Member
Impact
Dynadot staff was cool and responsive and the problem was solved in a few days. This thread is kept only for the archives

My domain was sold at auction at $150
I got the money on my prepay account 5 days later after i asked for it. Otherwise i don't know when i could get it.
But what really made me angry is that i cannot get my money in my paypal account. When i asked why Dynadot said i must have $500 in order to withdraw it. They also said my account is not yet old enough. I suggested to verify it with my passport but they were not interested.

But what really made me angry is this:

"We can also only allow withdrawals of under $500 to Paypal accounts based in the USA at this time unfortunately."

I consider this to be discrimination against non american people. God bless America and every place in the world not only America.

Please vote to help the domainers community understand better.

Do you consider this to be discrimination ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We can also only allow withdrawals of under $500 to Paypal accounts based in the USA at this time unfortunately.

Is that mentioned in their auctions policy?

What's this @Dynadot? Why can't you allow withdrawals outside US? What's your reasoning? Do you have an alternate way to let him withdraw the payment if not through Paypal. You can't just lock him out of his funds like that!

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
I got the money on my prepay account 5 days later after i asked for it. Otherwise i don't know when i could get it.
But what really made me angry is that i cannot get my money in my paypal account. When i asked why Dynadot said i must have $500 in order to withdraw it. They also said my account is not yet old enough. I suggested to verify it with my passport but they were not interested.

But what really made me angry id this:

We can also only allow withdrawals of under $500 to Paypal accounts based in the USA at this time unfortunately.

I consider this to be discrimination against non american people. God bless America and every place in the world not only America.

There is no reason at all with today's apis etc that a withdrawal can't be made under $500. It's a pure method to make you use that money to spend on them. Sorry but that is the truth. If it's to do with homeland security and so on then they can arrange a payment solution in the EU, India etc.

These are easily fixed. Use 10% of payments from India as a buffer. Same for EU. Take the payments through EU, India payment providers and let this 10% sit there for eventual payouts.

Last edited:
•••
most of the companies out there cater to Americans while the rest have to go through hoops
escrow.com refused to verify my account because in my country i couldn't get a utility bill in English

•••
There is no reason at all with today's apis etc that a withdrawal can't be made under $500. It's a pure method to make you use that money to spend on them. Sorry but that is the truth. If it's to do with homeland security and so on then they can arrange a payment solution in the EU, India etc.

These are easily fixed. Use 10% of payments from India as a buffer. Same for EU. Take the payments through EU, India payment providers and let this 10% sit there for eventual payouts.
Answering myself...

But it isn't to do with homeland security. Over $500 is ok to take out. It's just the first reason I mentioned.

•••
most of the companies out there cater to Americans while the rest have to go through hoops
escrow.com refused to verify my account because in my country i couldn't get a utility bill in English
Utility bill. That's some kick ass security right there.

•••
Thanks for your reactions guys.
If they are hoping that users use their money only at their marketplace it's weird and unfair. Marketplaces are blooming because there are many and we can choose among them. I feel that they want to take from me my freedom to choose what to do with my own money. It's a bad feeling. This way they are just pushing users to no more think to sell with them.

Last edited:
•••

Is that mentioned in their auctions policy?

The non US detail is not mentioned in their policy bro
I invited you to the private discussion i had with them to see by your self.
I will invite anyone who wants to see it

•••
$500 is a lot.

Theyre lucky theyre one of the few registrars with auction auction Platform, but $500? wow.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
One other thing is that i've bought a domain in Epik Marketplace and sold it the same day just because my account is verified. With dynadot it's impossible. 30 days lock.
What i don't understand is this is bad for their business. No ?!!
Why do they do such things ?
Is there an ICANN law applicable on them and not on Epik ?

•••

But what really made me angry is this:

"We can also only allow withdrawals of under $500 to Paypal accounts based in the USA at this time unfortunately."

Discrimination? Come on. You're clearly upset about the money, it has nothing to do with being discriminated against. Claiming discrimination in this case is just wrong all around. Just stop.

Having to wait for the funds to hit your account is normal. Buying user needs to pay, things need to be verified, etc.

In regards to the $500 withdrawal threshold. It's their rule. Maybe you should have looked into this, asked more questions or contacted support prior to listing. There's a reason for the threshold, that's why it's in place.

The amount of time you used to complain and claim discrimination could have been used better prior by contacting Dynadot team before creating your listing. Complaining here and trying to find people who agree with you won't change anything.

It is what it is.

•••
The non US detail is not mentioned in their policy bro
I invited you to the private discussion i had with them to see by your self.
I will invite anyone who wants to see it

I went through the conversation, and I can confirm, @Dynadot isn't dealing with this problem the way it should be. Tod should step in and give this man his money, its urgent for him, especially when the person is ready to undergo identity verification to prove himself as legit.

Moreover, during the pandemic when funds are short, every company should work out & make exceptions to existing rules for user convenience. This payout policy is ridiculous.

• $500 threshold for payment, doesn't make sense.
  • Account age restriction doesn't make sense, why not implement something like a more robust account verification for withdrawals? like Paypal linking
  • money is money, its hard earned, money earned by a new account is still money that they should be able to withdraw.

I stand with @NewDayBrand on this. It's unfair policy.

If @Dynadot doesn't pay @NewDayBrand his money and resolve this ASAP, I will transfer out my domain(s) from @Dynadot. Won't keep any domains with such a registrar that isn't cooperative and has crappy policies. Suggest others to do the same. #BoyCott @Dynadot.

Policies should be user-centric than profit motivated & company centric.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
In regards to the $500 withdrawal threshold. It's their rule. Maybe you should have looked into this, asked more questions or contacted support prior to listing. There's a reason for the threshold, that's why it's in place.

The amount of time you used to complain and claim discrimination could have been used better prior by contacting Dynadot team before creating your listing. Complaining here and trying to find people who agree with you won't change anything.

It is what it is.
I'm not stupid bro
I've contacted dynadot for 7 days and got no positive answer. That's why i created this thread.
And about discrimination yes it's how i feel. Because if i was american i wouldn't have this problem
You can't prevent people to feel the way they feel

Last edited:
•••
I went through the conversation, and I can confirm, @Dynadot isn't dealing with this problem the way it should be. Tod should step in and give this man his money, its urgent for him, especially when the person is ready to undergo identity verification to prove himself as legit.

Moreover, during the pandemic when funds are short, every company should work out & make exceptions to existing rules for user convenience. This payout policy is ridiculous.

• $500 threshold for payment, doesn't make sense.
  • Account age restriction doesn't make sense, why not implement something like a more robust account verification for withdrawals? like Paypal connect
  • money is money, its hard earned, money earned by a new account is still money that they should be able to withdraw.

If @Dynadot doesn't pay @NewDayBrand his money and resolve this ASAP, I will transfer out my domain(s) from @Dynadot. Won't keep any domains with such a registrar that isn't cooperative and has crappy policies. Suggest others to do the same.

Policies should be user-centric than profit motivated & company centric.

Cheers
Thank you brother

•••
I'm not stupid bro
I've contacted dynadot for 7 days and got no positive answer. That's why i created this thread.
And about discrimination yes it'd how i feel. Because if i was american i would'n't have this problem
You can't prevent people to feel the way they feel

First of all, nobody called you stupid. So why mention it?

You contacted Dynadot for 7 days and got no positive answer? What exactly is a "positive answer"? If you contact Dynadot with a specific question about withdrawal limits and your GEO, they would have told you. I highly doubt you asked them about it.

If you were American, you would not have this problem...correct. But you aren't.

I'm from Canada, many times I miss out on services/offers because I'm not American. SO WHAT? Some things are just available to people from USA only. There's a reason behind every business decision. Maybe it doesn't make sense for the business, Maybe it's easier for them to verify USA users, at the end of day, it's their choice.

It is what it is.

Maybe you should start your own registrar, offer the same services Dynadot does and fix what you don't like. Then come talk to us about it.

Last edited:
•••
First of all, nobody called you stupid. So why mention it?

You contacted Dynadot for 7 days and got no positive answer? What exactly is a "positive answer"? If you contact Dynadot with a specific question about withdrawal limits and your GEO, they would have told you. I highly doubt you asked them about it.

If you were American, you would not have this problem...correct. But you aren't.

I'm from Canada, many times I miss out on services/offers because I'm not American. SO WHAT? Some things are just available to people from USA only. There's a reason behind every business decision. Maybe it doesn't make sense for the business, Maybe it's easier for them to verify USA users, at the end of day, it's their choice.

It is what it is.

Maybe you should start your own registrar, offer the same services Dynadot does and fix what you don't like. Then come talk to us about it.
It's their business bro and i don't wanna deal with them anymore. All i want now is my money. It's my rights ! and that people know about this policy. It's a good thing i talk about it don't you think ? It will make things clearer for future users. I'm only advertising their policy, especially one obscure thing they forgot to mention in it and which they only mentioned to me in PM. One thing that people have the right to know.

Last edited:
•••
All i want now is my money. It's my rights

No it's not. Read their TOS.

It will make things clearer for future users. I'm only advertising their policy,

True. This has been discussed at length on Namepros before though. But it is a helpful reminder for those with smaller sales.

they forgot to mention in it and which they only mentioned to me in PM.

No, they didn't forget as it's not part of their policy. It's an exception they're willing to grant people from the US under certain circumstances.

It's frustrating, I think the $500 limit is kinda high. I agree with you on that. But it has nothing to do with discrimination. Feeling discriminated against doesn't mean you actually are.

Last edited:
•••
Does Dynadot have a minimum withdrawal amount for U.S. customers?

•••
No it's not. Read their TOS.

True. This has been discussed at length on Namepros before though. But it is a helpful reminder for those with smaller sales.

No, they didn't forget as it's not part of their policy. It's an exception they're willing to grant people from the US under certain circumstances.

It's frustrating, I think the $500 limit is kinda high. I agree with you on that. But it has nothing to do with discrimination. Feeling discriminated against doesn't mean you actually are.
I'm only stating that it's a bad experience for me and that i felt it like discrimination. and i'm only asking a question. I'm not qualified to answer if it's legally discrimination or not. That's why i started a survey. And i think it's a good thing for dynadot to know how their users feel about their experience with them and about their policy.
($500 is high, yes it's high for me and many people agree with me)

Last edited:
•••
I'm a dreamer brother. I dream of a better world where companies respect their users and understand that they trusted them when they put their goods/ money in their hands.

Money is money. It's hardly earned. Whether it's american, canadian or african or .... Etc

•••
I'm only stating that it's a bad experience for me and that i felt it like discrimination

Fair enough. I can understand it took you by surprise. But is it because you feel discriminated or because the won't release the funds? Even if you were from the US, they usually follow procedure and not make payouts under $500. @Dynadot correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not qualified to answer if it's legally discrimination or not. That's why i started a survey.

Neither are 99.999% of the people here on NP. It's actually shocking to see there are so many 'yes' votes.

And i think it's a good thing for dynadot to know how their users feel about their experience with them and about their policy.
($500 is high, yes it's high for me and many people agree with me)

Agreed. User experience is everything.

•••
•••
@NameDeck
About your question: "Even if you were from the US, they usually follow procedure and not make payouts under $500. @Dynadot correct me if I'm wrong."

You can see by yourself in the PM. I added you to the conversation

•••
This is a problem, OP should be able to withdraw their money. TOS should change.

But OP, terrible thread title. Its not just you, its a domainer thing, these titles that really don't help at all. They are a good registrar, hope they fix this issue.

•••
I'm a dreamer brother. I dream of a better world where companies respect their users and understand that they trusted them when they put their goods/ money in their hands.

Money is money. It's hardly earned. Whether it's american, canadian or african or .... Etc

All companies have policies and rules in place. Just because you don't like this certain rule, doesn't mean the company is disrespecting you or their users. At end of day, that buyer came from Dynadot. You wouldn't have the exact sale without them. It was your choice to proceed with the sale. So you should respect the companies rules, as you used their platform.

I too dream of the day that people stop complaining about their own mistakes and accept responsibility for their actions. You moved too quickly, without asking the questions that were important to you, and now you're stuck with the outcome.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back