Domain Empire

Dynadot refusing to unlock account, what are my options? ...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Going to try and keep this short and sweet. I started a hosting company back in 2009, was just me and eventually grew in size. I ended up having to start hiring people and one of them that was with us for a short while I had setup an account with Dynadot to start catching auction domains.

Long story short, he left the company a month or so later, and now about 2 years later I go into the account to try and transfer one of the domains, and am unable to unlock the account.

Dynadot required birthday to unlock and if you don't have that you need the security question. I don't have the guys birthday and every attempt to contact him has failed.

Few things to note:

• All domains under account were purchase with MY business credit card with MY name on it
  • The email on the account has been setup to forward to my email
  • The address on the account is my company address
  • The phone number on the account is company phone number
Contacted Dynadot multiple times and they basically refuse to unlock the account unless I get them a photo ID showing his name or provide the security question answer. I've asked them to just review the invoices and they will see it's my name on the credit card, asked to verify via sending a letter to address, or even call to verify, but they refuse to do any of that to verify the account.

So now i'm left with what options I have available to handle this. My first thought was just to get a lawyer involved, but that could end up costing a good chunk of change and I want to try and keep the cost down as much as possible.

The only other option I could think of was to let the domains expire and try and catch them in the Dyandot auction, or if the price ends up going crazy out of control in the auction, just renew the domain.

Does anybody have any suggestions or thoughts regarding this? I've exhausted every option I can think of to prove to them it's my account but have not gotten anywhere.

If I do let the domains go into auction and expire, say I end up not catching one of them because someone snipes the bidding and gets it .... technically I could still renew it, right? As long as it's within redemption period?

Thanks guys!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hope I could see this post 2 years ago.

•••
I'm in the future!
The same thing is happening to me here in 2022.

Dynadot is trash. No other registrar wants my birthday and ID to get an auth code.
There is no resolution with Dynadot.... Choose Epik.

That is all...

Last edited:
•••
Same thing has happened to me today. I will lose the two domains they now hold hostage, so be it.

Do not register domains with this company. Avoid Dynadot, do not give them any business.

I'd like to update this post, mainly to clarify that my response to my situation at that time may have been a little(?) rash.

I do still have a fair number of domains registered with Dynadot, and my experience with them, after this "rough patch", has been good and trouble free.

•••
PM'd you, @DmainVP

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back