IT.COM

Any suggestions? I can’t unlock mine Dynadot account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kai W.

CollectorTop Member
Impact
1676086467698.png

Very stupid for myself, I forgot to set up my own security questions and birthday and obviously I didn't use the real information. I was almost completely out of there and was trying to transfer the few remaining names out when I forgot my security question.
After an email inquiry, I got a response that I couldn't verify that I was the account holder. I don't understand how the verification logic works, I have the 2FA login and I have the mobile number to accept the verification code. Why are they just trying to verify by legal information? Who the hell would use their real name to fill in a nickname?
Ok, I need to suppress my anger to come here for help, has anyone else been in this situation? Or any advice?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why they talk about name and address? or u forgot those too?

•••
Is your Whois information the same as on your ID?

•••
Is your Whois information the same as on your ID?
Not the same. But it doesn't matter, because I can change or add WHOIS contacts. This should just be DYNADOT's business logic that is hard to understand

Last edited:
•••
You really can’t expect alot of sympathy (or any) when you use fake details. Do you realize you could lose all names on technicality by giving fake info?

Follow the same rules we all have to follow. As far as above be glad its only a few names you lost.

•••
You really can’t expect alot of sympathy (or any) when you use fake details. Do you realize you could lose all names on technicality by giving fake info?

Follow the same rules we all have to follow. As far as above be glad its only a few names you lost.
I never even thought it was a problem before. I can change the ICANN information to real information, but now I can no longer make any changes to the DYNADOT account

•••
My point was that maybe changing the whois info to reflect the info on your ID would help you prove to Dynadot that the names in the account and there for the account are yours.

•••
My point was that maybe changing the whois info to reflect the info on your ID would help you prove to Dynadot that the names in the account and there for the account are yours.
Thank you very much for the advice, I'm already trying to change all the names. It makes me feel ashamed, very low level mistake and I can't believe I didn't realize it.

•••
Mistakes are the cost of learning.

•••
Ok, I need to suppress my anger to come here for help, has anyone else been in this situation? Or any advice?
Hi, if you DM me your Dynadot Username I can take a look at the issue and see if I can offer you any advice on how to proceed!

•••
Hi, if you DM me your Dynadot Username I can take a look at the issue and see if I can offer you any advice on how to proceed!
Thank you very much for the answer, with your help, I found the right solution and unlocked it without any problem.
Without everyone's answers, I probably wouldn't have understood the DYNADOT certification requirements, but everything is fine now, thanks a lot.

•••
everything is fine now, thanks a lot.

That's great news, "Happy" for you!

I had a similar problem at Dynadot (locked out) so I realize how scary that can be.

•••
That's great news, "Happy" for you!

I had a similar problem at Dynadot (locked out) so I realize how scary that can be.
Yes bro, it really makes me happy.😁

This is a problem that I have never encountered with other registrars. I have been learning to code for a while now. Professionally, this is a logic bug in the automation process, which can be more complicated when other aspects are considered.

Objectively speaking, it's a trade-off between security and privacy of user accounts, and the issue could even lead to a professional academic discussion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back