Dynadot

Dynadot forcing me to pay extra for a backordered domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VaibhavA

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I backordered an expiring .org domain at dynadot today. It was showing 9.99$ at the time of backorder. I have recently won few backorders at dynadot for expiring .org domains at 9.99$ and paid the same.

Today Dynadot caught the domain and created an invoice of 16.99$ and now forcing me to pay the same.

Even after my repeatedly telling them they are forcing me to pay 16.99$.

I also tried to place a backorder for tomorrows .org domain immediately after receiving the invoice of 16.99$, at that time also it was showing a backorder of 9.99$, so, i took a screenshot and sent to them and also attaching here for everyones reference.

But their cc is inconsiderate of whatever i am saying.

Here is the ticket that I created.

upload_2017-7-8_3-21-6.png

Here is the screenshot of my Ticket response from Dynadot. Read from bottom up.

upload_2017-7-8_3-23-0.png

Here is what it was showing me for tomorrows .org backorder amount - 9.99$.

Dynadot Org Backorder Amount.jpg

Instead of correcting their mistake, they are forcing me to pay extra.

Its not a matter of 7$ for me. Its the way they they are treating their 1 year old customer.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It's weird that some of their .orgs are priced at 9.99, others at 16.99.
When you click any .org priced at 9.99, it will redirect you to the backorder page with 16.99 price. I think you can point it out to them, that it was their mistake.

•••
This one seriously needs attention. I have personally never used Dynadot's service, but I'm looking forward to other NP members who could suggest on this.

•••
their list is kind of misleading.

•••
They hiked the backordering domain names price, but they forget update that price in there database. Cancel the order get banned & request them to lift ban. There 99.9% chances your ban will be lifted.

•••
It's weird that some of their .orgs are priced at 9.99, others at 16.99.
When you click any .org priced at 9.99, it will redirect you to the backorder page with 16.99 price. I think you can point it out to them, that it was their mistake.

I have pointed it many times to them as shown in the screenshots of the ticket conversation.

But they are saying, that they will ban my account first and then i should request them to lift that ban. Thats a weird solution from any customers point of view.

•••
@Dynadot, you did it again. Well done....

•••
They hiked the backordering domain names price, but they forget update that price in there database. Cancel the order get banned & request them to lift ban. There 99.9% chances your ban will be lifted.

Bro, first I will slap you, then i will tell you to apologize and request for mercy.

Is this the right approach?

•••
Bro, fapologize ll slap you, then i will tell you to apologize and request for mercy.

Is this the right approach?
I don't mean to hurt you, I have just suggested you. I apologize if it's offended you.

It's all up to you to take my suggestion or fight back with them.

•••
@Dynadot, you did it again. Well done....

Their cc person is a stubborn person. He says, it was a mistake but hes not ready to correct their mistake.

•••
I don't mean to hurt you, I have just suggested you. I apologize if it's offended you.

It's all up to you to take my suggestion or fight back with them.

No Bro, you havent offended me a bit.

I was only trying to explain you what their approach is.

•••
Their customer service is a joke sometimes, I have seen and experienced myself

•••
Their customer service is a joke sometimes, I have seen and experienced myself

Dynadot's response and attitude is unbelievable.

Why does their cc think I will let my account banned for 7$. I will rather pay them and have the domain and stop using their service.

I am not trying to make Dynadot famous here for 7$. Its just because this is a domain community and everyone should know how Dynadot treats their customers.

•••
Their cc person is a stubborn person. He says, it was a mistake but hes not ready to correct their mistake.
I've had the same experience with @Dynadot. Their attitude and response is absolutely unbelievable and horrible. I've pretty much stopped using their service after my own bad experience with them. I spent nearly $2000 with them in one year and now have completely stopped. Don't care about their shit attitude and usually unfriendly replies.

•••
Don't care about their sh*t attitude and usually unfriendly replies.

You are right. I believe, I will have to do the same with Dynadot.

•••
I have an upper management contact who could possibly fix the situation. If I happen to go into my office today, i will give you her name and contact info. Met her at a couple of events and she can help.

I havent bought names in their aftermarket. Not sure what they charge, but this person can help.

I usually try to remain professional and calm only because I like building long term relationships.

Not to go off topic but what bothers me is when domains show available, you pay, and then the reg fails and i have to wait for a refund. Now that really bothers me for some reason.

Dynadot has worked hard to improve from the days of DynaNot.

I'll get that info for you if i can.

Try to be patient. Dont let it ruin your relationship.

•••
I have an upper management contact who could possibly fix the situation. If I happen to go into my office today, i will give you her name and contact info. Met her at a couple of events and she can help.

I havent bought names in their aftermarket. Not sure what they charge, but this person can help.

I usually try to remain professional and calm only because I like building long term relationships.

Not to go off topic but what bothers me is when domains show available, you pay, and then the reg fails and i have to wait for a refund. Now that really bothers me for some reason.

Dynadot has worked hard to improve from the days of DynaNot.

I'll get that info for you if i can.

Try to be patient. Dont let it ruin your relationship.

Sure, thanks for your advice and support.

•••
I do not use dynadot myself but it's really bad business practices on their part and I hope that other users of dynadot here on NP will back you up and that dynadot will make it right

•••
No response or correction from Dynadot and I had to pay 16.99$ instead of 9.99$.

I couldnt allow them to jeopardize my account and domains.

Dynadot is the first registrar who has forced me to overpay and threatened me of banning my account.

I thought everyone in domain community should know this.

•••
Yea, since my first problem with them, I moved all my domains that were there and now there are only what's won from their auction system.

•••
I've had a similar issue more than 1 year ago with Name.com and they prefer not to discount me 9$ and keep me as a customer than having me transfer out like 100 domains. It's always unbelievable how a company of this size can make such mistakes

•••
Dynadot had discount for .org domains in June, so it was probably bug in the pricing system in auctions after that (backorders were also discounted accordingly).
Anyway, not cool that you must pay for their own mistake.

•••
Dynadot had discount for .org domains in June, so it was probably bug in the pricing system in auctions after that (backorders were also discounted accordingly).
Anyway, not cool that you must pay for their own mistake.

Yes, they had discounted backorder in June but they also had it extended. Heres the screenshot of a .org backorder that I had won for 9.99$ on 5 July with them.

upload_2017-7-9_18-45-43.png

•••
I've had a similar issue more than 1 year ago with Name.com and they prefer not to discount me 9$ and keep me as a customer than having me transfer out like 100 domains. It's always unbelievable how a company of this size can make such mistakes

I cant understand their mindsets. But I guess this applies to them, its human to make mistakes and its even more human to blame it on others.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back