IT.COM

registrars Dynadot domain available for transfer out only before 60 days?

NameSilo
Watch

CryptoInvestor

Experienced InvestorTop Member
Impact
Hello! So i’m listing some names at NameJet and while I was acquiring all the registration / transfer lock info, I noticed that 3 domains I reg’d at DynaDot.com are available for transfer out? I can see the auth code and everything. I reg’d these names on Feb 9th this year, If I tried to transfer these out would it REALLY let me? I was under the impression that all newly registered domains were under a mandatory 60 day transfer out lock (but you can push transfer). Is that just GoDaddy?

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Which extensions they are?

•••
•••
Very strange. Did you ask their support?

•••
Very strange. Did you ask their support?
There IS supposed to be a mandatory 60 day teansfer lock on all new reg’s right? Not yet, but I suppose I will. Was thinking maybe it was something I just didn’t know about, but I see no mention of this on the website.

•••
sometimes diff registrars will show you unlocked status or what not
but when you try transfer out. it will block

I think I saw it in few places.. maybe namesilo

did you try whois info?

•••
sometimes diff registrars will show you unlocked status or what not
but when you try transfer out. it will block

I think I saw it in few places.. maybe namesilo

did you try whois info?
It even shows the auth code... I haven’t trued to transfer it (as I have no need yet) but I wonder...

What would the whois info show me that i would need to know? Doesnt it just show registrar/name/email and all that

•••
I was under the impression that all newly registered domains were under a mandatory 60 day transfer out lock (but you can push transfer).
For gTLD yes.

•••
It even shows the auth code... I haven’t trued to transfer it (as I have no need yet) but I wonder...

What would the whois info show me that i would need to know? Doesnt it just show registrar/name/email and all that

show auth code is compleetly irrelevant
they can show codes and even say unlocked, and stil block when yuo trandfer

check whois info.
under staus it should say transferprohibited

or give the name or post screenshot

•••
show auth code is compleetly irrelevant
they can show codes and even say unlocked, and stil block when yuo trandfer

check whois info.
under staus it should say transferprohibited

or give the name or post screenshot
Ahh good to know! Was unaware of that :) thanks for the tip @alcy it indeed does say “ClienttransferPROHIBTED” well darn! Thought I just found a sweet little trick lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back