IT.COM

Dub.io - A new tool for parking your domains

NameSilo
Watch

Kevin Johnson

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

My name is Kevin, been following this forum for quite awhile, but joined because I wanted to share a news. I am a VP of product at Dub.io, which is a small tool that our team has been building for a few weeks.

We wanted to see if we can create a new (and hopefully better) domain parking tool. We've named ourselves "Dub.io" - nice and short. It works like this.

1. Sign-up and you will get a website - to which, you can of course point your domain to. However, if you don't want to, that's ok. We will give you a Dub.io sub-domain.

2. Once that's done, you can start "populating" the site with contents. This can come from RSS feeds, YouTube videos or just from the web articles. Dub.io takes care of automatically crawling these and inserting into your site.

3. Each content can also be automatically tweeted to your designated Twitter account (this will usually bring more traffic and also get you some followers). You can also set up so that it's automatically posted to Blogger or Tumblr sites too.

4. And of course, you can monetize it. Right now, we allow you to insert your own Google AdSense ads and VigLink code. The best part? You keep all the revenue generated from your sites. We don't take anything.

5. Each site is all responsive to different screen-sizes. We try to include a variety of media types like images and related videos so contents are more engaging. Right now, we are in a "testing" phase, so everything is free! We would love for you to come and check us out and let me know if you have any questions.
Would love to discuss via this thread or if you have any questions, you can email me at hello @ dub.io

Thank you so much for your time guys.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@saj110 You can now enable/disable ads on a parking site with a single click. As you suggested this is good when you want to "pause" advertising for awhile. You should find the on/off switch in the "monetization" section. :)

•••
@saj110 You can now enable/disable ads on a parking site with a single click. As you suggested this is good when you want to "pause" advertising for awhile. You should find the on/off switch in the "monetization" section. :)

Hey Kevin, Great - Thanks (y) - and that was fast :xf.smile:

•••
Hi Kevin,
Really nice improvements and new features, you guys are sure responsive.
I just started to use the newest Dub for sale page: "Use Dub's sales inquiry form"
I entered a BIN price, but it does not show up on the inquiry form.
Not sure where it appears? after the form is completed and inquiry is made?
Once this form is completed, Is the data stored by dub? Hope not redundant
question.

•••
@offthehandle Sorry about the BIN price - must be a bug. Will look into it and let you know. Once the inquiry is made, you should receive an email. We do store the information of that email, so you can always retrieve it later on. Will get back to you soon on the issue!

•••
@offthehandle Apologies for the delay + more apologies for the bug. It should now be fixed and the page should display the BIN price as well as minimum sale price.

•••
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for fast response, wondering if this is browser dependent? how did u test it? I am using iOs 11 and safari. The page has only name, email, make offer and “tell us more” fields only. I will try on other devices too.

•••
there should be a video tutorial on how to use dub.io the instructions are not self explanatory

•••
@offthehandle hm can you send me an example link? It shouldn’t be device dependent.

@imadoer sure. We will try to create some videos in the future and definitely improve our docs!

•••
@offthehandle The original problem was that the BIN price was not saving properly. So if you type your BIN price and save, it should display on your sale page of your site.

•••
The BIN shows. Thanks. I have been through all the menu's and cannot see how to manually choose one url news feed item and add it to the list. I am baffled how to accomplish this. Looked at docs just now too. Thanks!

•••
@offthehandle Can you explain what you mean by "choose one url news feed item and add it to the list"? You mean adding a RSS feed? You can either PM me or email at [email protected] to further discuss!

•••
Eric @imadoer is right. The setup for Dub.io isn't straightforward.

Here is a guide;

1. Add Domain

Add the domain to your Dub.io account. The sidebar on the left click Domains >> Add Domains

dub 1.png

2. Site Configuration

After you add the site it won't take you to any screens. You will see the domain you just added has been added to your account under "Domains". If you can't find it, search for it in the top right.

You choose to create a "Site" or "Page". I assume everyone wants to do an RSS site.

dub 2.png

3. Configure DNS

After clicking "Site" to add you will be taken to a screen with options to add your domains.

After you choose which method, you'll see this instruction screen. Switch the domain's nameservers or use a CNAME record with your registrar or DNS provider.

Using CNAME means you could use subdomains with Dub.io. Which I've done.

dub 3.png

4. Add Site Info

When you describe the site, that is what will show up in Meta in search engines. Basically a description a user will see before they land on the site.

If you add keywords in the keywords filed, be aware that will pull random keywords into the Dub.io RSS site. I recommend adding specific RSS feeds.

dub 4.png

5. Add Feeds

The next screen will ask you to add a feed to the site. If you don't have one to add, you can always add feeds later.

To do that you would go to the left sidebar click RSS Feeds >> New Feed.

dub 8.png

6. Feed Options (Add Feeds 2)

Here will see you can add the RSS feed URL and Name your feed. Most WP sites you can access the RSS feed URL by going to example.org/feed. Like this https://opticalowl.com/feed

Some feeds use FeedBurner or have another RSS setup. It varies for different sites.

"Filters" menu allows you to use specific keywords or reject certain words on the RSS site.

With Blockchain.link - I pull in a lot of feeds from various coin and crypto sites. I try to have articles only focus on "Blockchain" and related news.

"Categorization" allows you to put the feed into a category. You have to go to "Category" to add a category and then go back to categorization. Kind of annoying. The category will appear on the homepage. I usually name the category after the site feed that is being pulled in. Helps with organization and UX.

dub 9.png

7. Quick Access Sites

If you want to quickly access other RSS sites, click the right downward arrow and you'll see a dropdown of all the sites you have.

dub 7.png

Was this helpful for people?

Last edited:
•••
@offthehandle Can you explain what you mean by "choose one url news feed item and add it to the list"? You mean adding a RSS feed? You can either PM me or email at [email protected] to further discuss!

I understand dub pretty well, you guys have done a very nice job and i have created many sites with hundreds of feeds.
Last night after posting, I went to the contents menu. I chose an existing news article by clicking on far right column. The instructions confused me since it sort of implies clicking on the news article title. So picked the url of an unwanted news article, I cut the article and pasted in another one i previously found myself and saved it. So I added a specific article by replacing an old one. But I cannot find a button to do this manually without erasing something. Thanks,!

Last edited:
•••
@Adam27 ... you're my new hero mate. :) thanks for posting that up. We'll definitely upgrade our guides, now that we're inspired by your post.

•••
@offthehandle Let me look into the issue further. Will message you directly about this soon!

•••
•••
@offthehandle There weren't any maintenance over the weekend.. we did have a few big spikes but we didn't get any warnings. All is good now though.

•••
Not complaining, as Dub.io is a free service, just reporting.

There seems to be some network issues and the site is acting a bit slow. As well as the RSS sites I have.

•••
@Adam27 Yep we're aware of the issue - sorry about that. Had some crazy spikes over the last few weeks - keeping our eyes close to this one. And please do complain! It's unacceptable, so we can improve. :)

•••
We will be conducting some maintenance today - hopefully there won't be too much down time and we'll come back with better performance throughout our servers.

•••
Eric @imadoer is right. The setup for Dub.io isn't straightforward.

Here is a guide;

1. Add Domain

Add the domain to your Dub.io account. The sidebar on the left click Domains >> Add Domains

Show attachment 72044

2. Site Configuration

After you add the site it won't take you to any screens. You will see the domain you just added has been added to your account under "Domains". If you can't find it, search for it in the top right.

You choose to create a "Site" or "Page". I assume everyone wants to do an RSS site.

Show attachment 72037

3. Configure DNS

After clicking "Site" to add you will be taken to a screen with options to add your domains.

After you choose which method, you'll see this instruction screen. Switch the domain's nameservers or use a CNAME record with your registrar or DNS provider.

Using CNAME means you could use subdomains with Dub.io. Which I've done.

Show attachment 72045

4. Add Site Info

When you describe the site, that is what will show up in Meta in search engines. Basically a description a user will see before they land on the site.

If you add keywords in the keywords filed, be aware that will pull random keywords into the Dub.io RSS site. I recommend adding specific RSS feeds.

Show attachment 72046

5. Add Feeds

The next screen will ask you to add a feed to the site. If you don't have one to add, you can always add feeds later.

To do that you would go to the left sidebar click RSS Feeds >> New Feed.

Show attachment 72043

6. Feed Options (Add Feeds 2)

Here will see you can add the RSS feed URL and Name your feed. Most WP sites you can access the RSS feed URL by going to example.org/feed. Like this https://opticalowl.com/feed

Some feeds use FeedBurner or have another RSS setup. It varies for different sites.

"Filters" menu allows you to use specific keywords or reject certain words on the RSS site.

With Blockchain.link - I pull in a lot of feeds from various coin and crypto sites. I try to have articles only focus on "Blockchain" and related news.

"Categorization" allows you to put the feed into a category. You have to go to "Category" to add a category and then go back to categorization. Kind of annoying. The category will appear on the homepage. I usually name the category after the site feed that is being pulled in. Helps with organization and UX.

Show attachment 72041

7. Quick Access Sites

If you want to quickly access other RSS sites, click the right downward arrow and you'll see a dropdown of all the sites you have.

Show attachment 72042

Was this helpful for people?
this helped.

•••
Last edited:
•••
@offthehandle

What would be nice is if any of the above (and perhaps others) offer their contents via API. Then we can hook them up right into Dub (just like we are currently doing for Reddit, Tumblr, New York Times etc).

•••
•••
If you do social sharing to Twitter, keep the intervals at 1 hour. More than that is likely to trigger an account suspension.

I guess automated Tweeting is technically against Twitter rules.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back