IT.COM

Dub.io - A new tool for parking your domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kevin Johnson

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

My name is Kevin, been following this forum for quite awhile, but joined because I wanted to share a news. I am a VP of product at Dub.io, which is a small tool that our team has been building for a few weeks.

We wanted to see if we can create a new (and hopefully better) domain parking tool. We've named ourselves "Dub.io" - nice and short. It works like this.

1. Sign-up and you will get a website - to which, you can of course point your domain to. However, if you don't want to, that's ok. We will give you a Dub.io sub-domain.

2. Once that's done, you can start "populating" the site with contents. This can come from RSS feeds, YouTube videos or just from the web articles. Dub.io takes care of automatically crawling these and inserting into your site.

3. Each content can also be automatically tweeted to your designated Twitter account (this will usually bring more traffic and also get you some followers). You can also set up so that it's automatically posted to Blogger or Tumblr sites too.

4. And of course, you can monetize it. Right now, we allow you to insert your own Google AdSense ads and VigLink code. The best part? You keep all the revenue generated from your sites. We don't take anything.

5. Each site is all responsive to different screen-sizes. We try to include a variety of media types like images and related videos so contents are more engaging. Right now, we are in a "testing" phase, so everything is free! We would love for you to come and check us out and let me know if you have any questions.
Would love to discuss via this thread or if you have any questions, you can email me at hello @ dub.io

Thank you so much for your time guys.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@offthehandle

Thanks for your feedback + suggestions!

So... we do have a few bulk options, but you're right, they are limited at the moment. We are always thinking about what the best approach is to apply bulk actions while making sure that it doesn't make our tool overly complicated. Plus, there are times where a bulk-action is so specific and niche, we need to justify whether it's actually beneficial to the whole community.

Having said that, Twitter is a very popular feature so it would make a total sense to do a bulk option on this. Let me put it on the list and have a little think about it. Meantime, please PM me and tell me which ones you want to disable your re-tweet and we can do it for you. (or you can always email [email protected]) :)

On your second point - I think a "global" setting is a good idea like you suggested. I'll also look into AP and Reuters to see what contents can be found there.

For exporting to TXT file - this is already on our list. Mind you there are many things to "export". And I presume you probably are considering "import" too.

And lastly, yes. You can add any type of ad items including a JPG banner. Let me know if you're having issue with this. Will help you through the steps.

•••
I dont get how to use this my landing page looks like crap

•••
@imadoer Sorry about the lack of information. I'll look into it, and then email or PM you directly to get this sorted.

•••
For simply creating an RSS aggregator Dub.io is great. Easiest solution I've seen.

Have you thought of adding SSL support?

Last edited:
•••
Yes, another 👍🏼 for DUB.IO - check it out. Thank you, Kevin!

•••
•••
I added a few of my domains today. Lookin good. LOTS of customization possible.

•••
@tupungato Awesome. Let me know if you need any help with anything!

•••
Dub.io is the "swiss army knife of parking". period.

I added a few of my domains today. Lookin good. LOTS of customization possible.

•••
How do you make sure RSS sites show "For Sale" banners?

•••
@Adam27 there is "For sale" menu item in the parking site admin panel.

•••
How can I promote amazon affiliate products with dub.io?

•••
•••
Is it possible to display a BIN price?

•••
@Adam27

You can enter the Buy-It-Now price for each domain if you click on them in "Domains" under "Sale" tab.

I'm assuming that was your question. BIN price will then be displayed in "portfolios" and "parked pages". For parking pages, we are upgrading it so that it's better displayed throughout the site.

•••
The BIN price should be displayed on Dub.io RSS sites.

•••
•••
Hi Kevin,

I'm receiving lots of emails. Some of them are really important. A feature which allows us to star the important ones would be nice. Not so urgent, though. Just an idea when you guys have time .. ;)

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
@NitroJunkie Looks like you're getting quite a lot of emails in regards to purchasing your domains - which is awesome! You're talking about starring a message in the "Inbox" right? Will look into this and get back to you soon! It's a good idea.

•••
•••
@creataweb No? Are you using an ad-blocker by any chance? I've attached a screenshot. You can see the Amazon affiliate links at the top of the page and on the right hand side.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 12.17.23 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 12.17.23 pm.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 55
•••
•••
@creataweb As in "yes" you are using an ad-blocker? :) Then you probably won't see any ads displaying. Anyway, the screenshot shows you those links. I suppose you can test by turning off your ad-blocker.

•••
@NitroJunkie

It wasn't too difficult, so we just went ahead and implemented it. :) You can now "star" a message. Also added "Starred" tab in the inbox, so you can view them separately.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back