IT.COM

Dropshipping?

NameSilo
Watch
Okay so I bought a domain, and I am wanting to do some dropshipping, so I have searched all over the web and I came across www.dropshippinglist.com

has anyone ever heard of them before? or done business? It seem like a legit deal, but then again I am brand new to the game.

any info would be appreciated.

thanks

-doug

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i have seen lots of dropshipping stuff, never actually seen it work

•••
okay, well i bought this list, and woweeeee!
it gives me links to 100's of actual dropshipping companies that sell products at wholesale.

:D:D:D:D:D

Ebay watch out, here i come....

•••
doug3667 said:
okay, well i bought this list, and woweeeee!
it gives me links to 100's of actual dropshipping companies that sell products at wholesale.

:D:D:D:D:D

Ebay watch out, here i come....

Thing with dropshipping is.... everyone else is selling the same products on ebay.

You're competing against hundreds of thousands of people with the exact products and prices as you.

You'd have to be a well established ebay store to get anywhere with it.

I had a dropship website and made I think 30 cents in a year.

It's not worth it to put it on ebay due to ebay fees and trying to remain competitive/making money.

•••
•••
You can't make that much on ebay anymore because of their high fees. You can't make that much selling dropshipped items because the dropshippers take such a big piece of the pie. You are better setting up something ecommerce (with a niche focusing on one target market or one customer) where you can carry your own inventory and optimize the site and promote it.

•••
Watch out when paying for affiliate lists. Most of the time, these companies don't even exist!!! Make sure the company you are delaing with is a legitimate one, see how many years is operating online and serach for it in Google. Hope that helps!

•••
I've tried selling dropshipped products on eBay before, it just doesn't work, you won't make any money, you may actually lose some. If you want to sell tangible goods on eBay, you'll need your own inventory.

•••
I made a fair sum selling dropshipped items on eBay, but that was a few years back. Since then the market has become way over-saturated and it really is tough to make a dollar now considering high fees and competition.

If you're considering the dropship route, be sure to do your research beforehand and make sure you'll be making money and not losing. Take into consideration fees, returns, refunds, etc.

Good luck!

•••
Your better of finding a wholeseller, buy and then selling them your self. i was trying to get into it, but when I saw the price of the items the drop shopper were offering was to high. For example the dropshop was selling this item for $20, the same item I saw at a store was $14. If I want to make some money of that I need to sell it at least $25, whose going to buy a $14 item from me for $25, no body.

•••
•••
dropship info

Please visit my webpage for information on dropshipping. I purchased this same program and

yes it was expensive but it's a real deal program. Once you purchase it and log in you'll

see what I'm talking about. They update it all the time and personally test the drop

shippers before they approve them to be on the site. You really can't go wrong.

If you aren't so sure still you owe it to yourself to AT LEAST download the free e-book and

learn everything you need to know about dropshipping!! I would've paid cash for the free

e-book they offer. It gave me the tools I needed just to get started with my own business.

You can check with BBB.org and also http://ripoffreport.com/ to check on ANY COMPANY YOU'RE

LEARY of. Any company that claims to be a true wholesaler, doesn't ask for a tax id #, or

wants to charge you a membership fee is a MIDDLE MAN. Getting that tax ID cost me $10 which

was spent on registering a company name here in my county.. My state (Michigan) doesn't let

you file for the Sales Tax License online so it took forever. I do know that there are alot

of states that let you do it online which is sooooooooo much quicker than snail mail. Then

you fill out the forms for your state and they'll send you a Sales Tax License.. visit my

site at http://www.mousesmilitary.com/dropship.html .. also don't hesitate to email me with

any questions you might have.. Even to be sure that this company has a drop shipper for the

items you want to sell.. I can look them up and tell you how many companies sell those

items.. I've had my encounters with these scam artists online and I hope that I can help at

least ONE person to find the TRUE dropshipper list. Look forward to hearing from anyone

with questions!

[email protected]

•••
Hi Halobitt,

Thanks for mentioning Shopster. I didn't see this post til now. They are not a client of mine any more but I still highly recommend them. It's a perfect mesh between drop shipping yourself and just promoting affiliate links. Sort of a hybrid. Too bad the free sign-up period is over but still worth looking into.

They are getting ready to launch a NEW affiliate program next week too. I'll try to remember to come back and post after I get all the info from AMWSO.

•••
If you are in the UK you can try out electronic-web.co.uk

I use them for selling usb flash drives on ebay :p I havnt yet made much out of it though.

•••
Dropshipping can work, but you have to be careful what products you try to sell. Most people think they can take on a huge category like Laptops or big LCD TV's and those markets are well covered by the big boys. Better to find some smaller distributors selling kit that eBay isn't already awash with.

•••
•••
No doubt I am sure that some of these companies are legit, but it's often said time and time again, if a wholesaler/dropshipper does NOT ask you for a Sales Tax ID/ Re-Sell Permit number, then they are NOT a legitimate wholesaler/dropshipper.

•••
^ Not entirely so - in the UK a company only has to declare VAT if it makes over 3000GBP a year.

•••
instead of dropshipping pay someone to ship inventory

What about paying a local person to do your shipping for you? That way you can find a unique product for wholesale that everyone else is not selling already and you don't have the work of shipping. You make less but you can then put your time into another business venture, or more marketing. There are MANY who would love the idea of making a few bucks working from home.

•••
Dropshipping in most cases is far less expensive than shipping yourself when you first get started. Many can't afford to rent the warehouse space, purchase a foam machine or peanut machine, purchase the boxes, purchase the other packaging materials required, hire employees to unload the product when it arrives, etc. etc.
More than that how are you going to know what to inventory? Some colors of certain items are far more popular than others. Some sizes are more popular than others. What if you order the wrong color or size? How do you liquidate them? What about spare parts for products which break? And then there's customer service.

When I started Chimineas.com I used a dropshipper I found after searching the web. I set up an account and added the products to my cart. After a few months I knew which products were the most popular and in what colors.
I added more dropshippers for other, related products and again found which were the best and worse sellers.
Now I import container loads direct from the manufacturers and warehouse and ship myself.
If I had gone this route in the beginning and invested $100,000 it would have been MUCH more expensive and I can guarantee that I would have made a lot of costly mistakes when making my initial order. These mistakes are far less painful now. I know where I can unload them and still make a decent profit.

Now I actually drop ship for a few, select websites and sell direct to a few brick and mortar stores. I am growing that end of the business slowly so I dont A) become overstocked and B) so I dont run out of inventory and leave my retailers hanging.

So try the dropshipping route with some established companies. I suggest deciding on what types of products you want to dropship and then searching for companies who dropship those products. Call them. Don't email. I always feel more comfortable with someone who is willing to call and not just fire off an email. In the event you do email be sure and provide a phone number and mailing address. I dont even respond to those who don't provide contact info.

The ebooks I have read about dropshipping all seemed to contain similar or the same information. They typically tout one particular site whose name escapes me. The site points you to a bunch of dropshippers of the same "me too" products you can buy all over ebay or anywhere else for that matter. Of course they make their affiliate commission if you sign up for the "list" so you'll hear how great this list is.

Good luck!

John

•••
shipping one product as opposed to dropshipping can be helpful in some cases

John,

Your post was very informative and obviously comes with much experience. In fact, I bet your post is far more valuable than most ebooks on the subject.

I guess I was thinking much smaller in scale, more like starting very small and slowly growing bigger with time/experience. Maybe just offering one product to begin with.

I suppose doing it this way would be especially relevant for the webmaster who has a passion, and thus a content site, and can't find anyone that will dropship related products. I agree that such a webmaster should first try to find a good dropshipper with relevant & unique products. But if one can't find this then a small start shipping on one's own might be the way to go. As you mentioned, all the "me too" products out there are a dime a dozen and won't bring any value to a site. A dropshipper that you have to work to get is far more valuable than one you just sign up with and I'd ship my own unique product before going with the dime a dozen type. I'm very curious about what your opinion would be in this type of situation.

Carrie

•••
Dropshipping Strategy

You must consider many factors when deciding to use a dropshipper. It is very common for "dropshipping" websites to be resellers who are making money by doing exactly what they say you will be doing if you subscribe to their service. For example: A couple of years ago I was using Wholesale Marketer (which has since been changed to doba.com) as a source for products to dropship. I was selling on eBay and making pretty good money. I saw other sellers attempting to sell products sourced from doba. I knew I had to come up with a strategy in order to compete. I started taking very small items that I would have never even considered selling and listing them as wholesale lots. If it was an item that I had to pay a dollar for and it retailed for 2-3 bucks, I would simply make sure that the inventory was available and sell 12 or 24 at a time as a wholesale lot. I would sell them for a small profit and the buyer would then resell them for a profit in their own way. Some of my regular customers had their own conventional stores. I saw several of my customers trying to resell the items in smaller quantities on eBay. This was one of my most effective strategies and it will work for any small product. I never had to buy anything until it was time to ship it. I would place the order and it would ship directly to the buyer.

Another strategy was to find an item that interested me and look for it on eBay. I would find an auction with multiple bidders and list my item to close as near as possible to the same time and notify the bidder that they didn't have to be in the bidding war, they could just click buy it now on my listing and get the item for a price they have already attempted to win it at.

There are many other strategies. If any of you have any good ones, please feel free to share them with me and the rest of us.

•••
why don't dropshippers buy their own sites?

My question is always why don't the dropshippers just come up with a website, or buy an old one that goes with what they are selling, and make bigger profits? I guess it's because they aren't interested in messing around with website upkeep but seems like they could hire someone to do it and really make a profit.

rmwebs,
I love your graphic of the face & firefox & explorer. :hehe: Where'd you get it?

•••
I ran into the same problem with drop shipping. Everything I found was the same stuff everyone else used. I also found similar sites that dropped shipped just to find out that neither one were the real drop shipper. They found a place who does the drop shipping and set up sites claiming to be a drop shipper. You can do that with a drop shipper. The prices where inflated by only a few dollars, but I couldn't sell the crap anywhere. It wasn't until later that I found the real place with the cheaper prices. I still couldn't have sold the stuff, though.

I asked some powersellers on eBay about it, and a few still liked the dropping shipping game. One guy told me that the best drop shippers are those that don't actually advertise as being a drop shipper. I found a place that had their own site and sold on eBay themselves. I emailed them and for $1, they would include a generic packing list without their information or the price. I made the most money from them than I did with any other drop shipper.

I sell to two different markets. I CANNOT sell any items from one to the other. I tried and failed horribly. What I did find, though, was what I could sell, and like John, I now buy wholesale. One drop shipper that I used also wholesales. The difference, though, is the price. I pay wholesale without any extra fees. Getting the stuff cheaper (20% cheaper) made it so I could actually sell the stuff, especially when I found out where the stuff would sell.

For the other market, I tried drop shipping, but the quality so really bad. If I could find someone that would buy it, they would quickly return it. I did find out what would sell (if it was made a little better). I now work with about 6 manufactures in China and import directly from them. You do have to pay up front and keep inventory, but you actually make money. I didn't like drop shipping. It made it easier to find which items I should stock and which I shouldn't, but I definitely lost money. I made the money back in the end, but if I could do it over again, I would probably spend time researching both markets and then find places that would give me a quantity discount instead of doing the drop shipping thing again. Then I would move up to wholesale. That being said, I am a member of a few auction information forums/sites where I offer to drop ship the items I stock.

•••
I've tried some dropshipping lists but they havn't delivered what I expected. Just a lot of companies, half of them out of business and lots of dead links. But I've never tried dropshippinglist.com, so it may or may not be a good list. I'd say 50% change : )

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back