Dynadot

Dropcatch No email for Orders = Limbo + "No One's Fault". Nice!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
I don't know if you all experience this every now and then with @Dropcatch.

But I ordered a dropcatch for a domain. I check the whois on the domain and it is in someone's @Namebright account. I check and find out. It's not in MINE!

what?

Worst case scenario when a domain gets 2 backorders it goes tro auction. This I know.

But this one did not. I wasn't even informed that my @DropCatch Support failed which I usually get emails for.

I call and find out their system has no record for my dropcatch order.

WOW!

I distinctly remember ordering a backorder for this domain.

the problem with this and @DropCatch Support is that after you order a @DropCatch Support . You don't get an email notificaton of your order so there is a paper trail.

if you end up not getting a domain via a dropcatch that you ORDERED and there is no problem.

The BLAME simply falls on YOU the person who "supposedly" ordered a dropcatch.

The unfortuante thing of not getting the domain you wanted falls on YOU.

You are made to look like some slow minded fool who did not order a dropcatch order on a domain when in truth you've been tracking that domain every day waiting for it to be able to be dropcatched at dropcatch.

So how the hell would you forget to click backorder?

Doesn't hold water.

Sending out an email confirming you ordered a backorder would eliminate all doubt.

Right now I have nothing to prove that I ordered a backorder for the domain.

I can't even say their system is faulty that it did not register or record my backoder because it just comes off as some flimsy reasoning or excuse.

Ultimately you end up having the blame all on you because you have no proof.

That said without an email confirmation for backorders.

It's easy enough to front run a backorder and just "lose" a backorder and then someone working at dropcatch could take a domain for themselves. Stranger things have happened in domaining.

I'm done. but seriously. how hard is it to give a confirmation email after a backorder?

very strange there isn't one or just convenient for theft of domain?

I'm talking hypothetical here but anyone with logic can see it's very possible as there would be nothing to stop them.

imagine you go to @DropCatch Support Order a backorder. Then the domain gets caught by it's in someone else's account WITH PRIVACY (convenient).

Your order disappears that way the domain does not go into auction. (Convenient.)

I'll need someone from @DropCatch Support to talk about this.,

I will say this. I have been occasionally experiencing this lately.

I order a backorder. Looks good. Everything is fine. I log out. Then days later I log back in to check the domain I thought I had in backorder to see the countdown (we've all done this) I then find myself being offered to backorder this domain. The same domain I had already ordered backorder for. Two days later same thing. Sometimes it sticks and I get the domain but in this instance? I feel it did not "stick".

I wonder now too. What if the domains that "fail" are actually because of this glitch? That the domain did not "stick" so the system did not know it was supposed to be pinging the register for the domain.

After it's caught by someone else @Dropcatch system finally "sees" it had a backorder on the domain but by then it's too late?

Can't happen? I'll let you decide.

So @DropCatch Support ? order email confirmation?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DropCatch Support solved my issue.

Interesting backstory.

For details PM me if you are nosy and deal with Dropcatch.

Can't say publicly here.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back