IT.COM

Never accept being OUTBID on Dropcatch. Here's why!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
I just had an experience with Dropcatch today.

So I ordered a backorder on a certain domain actually 2.
I checked my backorder by manually checking for the domain in their search box.

Then it shows me that I have the domain backordered but I was OUTBID in red.
So I placed a bid above the $59.
Matter of fact I kept bidding in increments of $1 at time.

Guess what happened?

I kept getting outbid over and over again. Which on paper looks legit. nothing odd about that right? except when I checked the #bid section there was no bids at all?

mind you for this domain I placed 10 bids of $1 each bumping it to $69 as my highest bid.

and yet the #bids column was blank.

Well you know me guys. I complained but don't just complain and have no proof. I took screenshots of everything. sent to Dropcatch.

and then just in case placed a $100 bid on the domain in question. and still I was outbid.

I had resigned to the thought that I wasn't going to win this domain in the last seconds and I wasn't going to bid anymore than $100 no matter what the domain is.

Then the countdown finally went to 0. so I assumed then I lost it. then all of a sudden the domain was in my shopping cart???

say whaaaaaaaaaa???

of course I jumped on it and paid. and wouldn't you know it? The price wasn't my $100 bid but my original $59.

Thank you Dropcatch!

I don't mind screwups or mix ups or glitches.

I must say Dropcatch is very honorable. This is like the second or third time when they honored my order and gave me the domain at the $59 price because of some glitch or hickup on their end.

Most companies that will not be named but you know a few would rather play coy or just chalk it up as a glitch but their "hands are tied" and there's nothing they can do and you just accept it.

I will work with Dropcatch again for sure. and so should you.

It's not cheap I admit but it you don't want headaches or worry that you may have chosen some bargain basement service go with Dropcatch and go on with your day.

If Dropcatch doesn't get it then it wasn't meant to be.

But also, even Dropcatch has glitches every now and then. It is to be expected with any tech.

So always complain but complain with PROOF.

I think I made sense about being OUTBID on a domain.

I asked them ."Am I bidding against myself?" because there was no bids in the #bids column. I guess that made sense.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back