Dynadot

DomainRecover.com Frontrunning Dropcatch orders?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So I had my eye on a .us domain that's expiring. Gave @domainrecover a try. They advertise on here.

I did not have an account.

made the mistake of looking to see if the domain I wanted could be recovered. Their system said yes for $83.

So created an account. Soon after while logged in. the domain was already reserved for recovery????????????????????????????????????????????????/

coincidence?

So while I was creating an account and since I did not or could not "make a move" on the domain as I had no account.

This domain ended up getting an order for dropcatch and therefore since their way of doing this is they only take one backorder per customer per specific domain (fair enough. kinda appreciate that.)

I can't order.

Again. What do you all think? Did DomainRecover use my search on their website to "offer" the domain as a suggestion to customers? or did they decide to place an order themselves?

or did someone really coincidentally go on domainrecover to order a dropcatch few mines after I looked up the domain on domainrecover?

strange yea?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SOLVED.

DomainRecover contacted me and explained that the domain I was searching for DID end up automatically being backordered for my account AFTER I created a new account.

So all set now. Thanks DomainRecover. Sorry for all the Negativity. Given the situation I think it was fair.

Apologies!

Hope I get the domain I backordered.

•••
•••
Patience is a virtue...:xf.wink:

well how was I supposed to know?

I looked up a domain to dropcatch. it said it was available for dropcatch service. but I couldn't add it because I had no signed up yet.

so did not bother adding it. created account signed up.

while signed went back. tried to redo the order but now signed in so I can add to cart. looked up the domain. it said "domain was already backordered" meaning I can't backorder it with them as they they have a policy of only taking one dropcatch per domain.

I mean if anything if this domain was in my account it should have triggered a response that "that domain has already been backordered by you and is in your account pending completion" or something to that effect.

•••
well how was I supposed to know?

I looked up a domain to dropcatch. it said it was available for dropcatch service. but I couldn't add it because I had no signed up yet.

so did not bother adding it. created account signed up.

while signed went back. tried to redo the order but now signed in so I can add to cart. looked up the domain. it said "domain was already backordered" meaning I can't backorder it with them as they they have a policy of only taking one dropcatch per domain.

I mean if anything if this domain was in my account it should have triggered a response that "that domain has already been backordered by you and is in your account pending completion" or something to that effect.
This is the same process used when I am signed out of my Epik account, if I purchase a domain name while signed out and THEN sign back on, Epik holds the signed out transaction in your "cart" for you to finish the process. It's a way of protecting the customers sale...

•••
This was resolved but unfortunately the domain in question was not caught by domainrecover.net.

oddly the domain seems to have been handregged because it deleted and 3-5 days later hand regged.

I assume this because the domain is currently with Dynadot.

Dynadot does not have a dropcatch service or backorder service for .us domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back