IT.COM

Dotster - Register .COM Domain Name only $2.39

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
Dotster.com is now running a special promotion on new .COM domain registration – just from only $2.39 for the first year.

Currently, price is $2.99/year but you can use coupon code SALE20 to get additional discount to $2.39. This seem unlimited, can make payment with PayPal.

Hurry, this promotion won't last long.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It usually takes from several days to a week to launch a new promotion after one ended. So just wait for the next time, not too long, I think
I am waiting for the next round of $1.99 dot coms. My list is almost 50 names long.

•••
.Com price jumped to $17.99:-o:-o. Extremists!!

•••
.Com price jumped to $17.99:-o:-o. Extremists!!
Yeah that's almost double what it was before. What's the best price at the moment? $5+/- with coupon?

•••
If Dotster does not launch any new discount promotion, I don't think their domains can be registered. Too expensive for a .COM ($12.41 with 31% off coupon)

•••
yes for sure. do not bother with dotster on coupon.. domain.com I think is chepest at 9.9$ before coupon.. so still good deal with coupon.. ~7$

I think maybe netfirms is same price too

•••
Wondering about their plan for Dotster brand name in the future (with/without coupon) when increasing such high price =.=

•••
Last night I transferred 5 .org domains to dotster with 31% off coupon. Which cost me $5.72 each. That's pretty impressive IMO. if dotster increase price on .org renewal. I will transfer next year to other registrar.i only do care about .com domains and i always keep them with godaddy or namesilo. Where we have 2FA security.

Edited: if dotster implement 2FA security. I highly recommend them. Their support is awesome and pretty fast.

Last edited:
•••
Ooh. I also want to share 1 more thing. Few days ago when dotster was running .com 1.99$ promotion. I bought 25 domains credit with them.the benefit of that domain registration credit is that i still can register .com domains with them at same promotion creidt which i have bought earlier. Which is unique and fantastic way to grab promotions like that.

•••
Ooh. I also want to share 1 more thing. Few days ago when dotster was running .com 1.99$ promotion. I bought 25 domains credit with them.the benefit of that domain registration credit is that i still can register .com domains with them at same promotion creidt which i have bought earlier. Which is unique and fantastic way to grab promotions like that.

I did the same but with with netfirms.

•••
How did you buy credits? Did you chat with support?

•••

I called them and they said they do not put money on your account as credit for future use. cause once promo is over they pay regular price for domains.. therefore anything you buy outside of promo on past credit, is costing them.. well.. extra. bad for biz. and I get it.

how did you get credit? cheers

Last edited:
•••
wow how did you manage to get them

•••
•••
I Live chat thier support representative and he did that for me. I did the same 2 times.

wow , nice buddy

next time when there is a promotion I got to try this

•••
nice!
well there is an idea then for what to do (credits) during next $2 promo

though of course you can imagine what will happen when chat support receives 4345543 namepros requests for credits. probably none will get it! :)

worth a try though

but I do understand why they would not do it. cause if you use credits once promo is over, they are paying full price for you! no good! (for them).. cause during the promo they probably get discounted prices, and are passing them onto to you!

thanks for headsup

•••
wow , nice buddy

next time when there is a promotion I got to try this
Good Luck. If you already have domains with them and you have ready paypal or credit card on record. They will do instantly.

•••
My only concern with the credits would be that they don't honor the new registrations for the old sale price after the sale ends. Then you're stuck.

•••
My only concern with the credits would be that they don't honor the new registrations for the old sale price after the sale ends. Then you're stuck.

yes I actually once was told this by them.
that they can sometimes offer credits but if you do not use them while promo still on, then they cannot guarantee they'll honor them. mind you, I don't think you'd ever lose your money/credit. but they'd just refund it to you.. so its exta work for everyone and hassle

but.. worth a try maybe.. of course now they'll get many requests for it due to this thread, so chances are slim of getting it.

•••
well com reg was 18$.. now its lowest of all those resellers.. at $9.

•••
$1.99 price for .COM and .NET domains come back now. Plus with MYSTERY or PUZZLE coupon - save 31% off for more, price is at only $1.37/year.
You can register a 2-year term with $2.75/domain.

•••
MYSTERY and PUZZLE are expired. For now, add SALE20 coupon to save 20% off instead

•••
How can i remove that Free Services thing? Its showing as Default.
Any inputs? Its from MyDomain.com.
@alcy @usernamex @luantt @Finest

upload_2016-7-19_17-34-15.png

•••
add 15ONLINE coupon to save 15% off

•••
Seem to keep getting an error at checkout, saying that there is $0 to pay.... (and unable to complete registration) - is this a common error?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back