IT.COM

.tv Dot TV is The Country Code of Tuvalu

NameSilo
Watch

HeyNow

MemberRestricted (85-100%)
Impact
Just remember that, according to ICANN, .tv stands for .Tuvalu, and not "television." The mods here think they are doing y'all (and perhaps themselves) a favor by deleting posts reminding you of that fact, but that's really no favor. Eventually ICANN's roster of ccTLDs will be taught in public schools (it's probably already begun), and when it is, the pretend meaning of "television" will eventually vaporize, leaving late speculators holding many reg-fee only domains.

Also, the last time I checked the government of Tuvalu only leased the rights to Verisign for about $4million per year, so at some point the marketing ploy of "television" may be revealed for exactly what it is - a marketing ploy.

And of course if Tuvalu becomes an important country because of geopolitical dynamics, war, natural disaster, or one of many reasons, it will most likely want its ccTLD back for serious use as was intended.

Currently most participants here who dabble with .tv turn a blind eye to what I consider a certain eventuality. And until that eventuality hits, lots of coin will be made trading in this ccTLD with vapor-marketing meaning.
Does the ccTLD .ws (dot "website") ring a bell? It should.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.tv is Tuvalu's biggest export , I dont honestly see any government (overseen by London of course) throwing away bags of cash because they "want its cctld back". And sure its a tiny possibility , I dont think anyone denies that, just I guess we think its very small and priced in already. I think your opinion is respected its just a bit tedious having to read it quite so often - if it means so much to you then why not make a sticky thread or something.

Personally Im glad 99% of domainers hate the extension, its left opportunity for the rest of us and frankly I wish you and your message of doom the best of luck in the world - maybe take out some banner ads or something to make sure noone misses it ?
Lx :D

•••
.tv is Tuvalu's biggest export , I dont honestly see any government (overseen by London of course) throwing away bags of cash because they "want its cctld back".

$4million was "bags of cash" when the lease for .tv was executed. For most countries (and eventually Tuvalu) $4million is peanuts, hardly worth trading a valuable asset for.

You state you are " ... glad 99% of domainers hate the extension, ...." You shouldn't be glad about that, because domainers are what's keeping the vaporware floating.

•••
$4million was "bags of cash" when the lease for .tv was executed. For most countries (and eventually Tuvalu) $4million is peanuts, hardly worth trading a valuable asset for.

You state you are " ... glad 99% of domainers hate the extension, ...." You shouldn't be glad about that, because domainers are what's keeping the vaporware floating.

$4M imo is a very big amount for this country

But anyway :
<troll>
Golfen must be big in Tuvalu
</troll>

•••
Trolls will troll. Had to show the hidden troll comments to find out the latest batch of spew..

When Tuvalu received $2.2 million per year it was 10% of their annual budget. Their revenue as a nation comes largely from licensing and 'grants' from other government organizations. Some of those grants are in danger of being reduced or eliminated (one just had to be extended), so they're not going to throw away millions of dollars of easy money every year.

Trying to insinuate that .tv is in danger of being taken back back by their government so they can use domains like golfen.tv for "serious business" is beyond ridiculous - it is close to a deliberate attempt to sabotage the domain and the investments NP members have made in it.

I really don't care what the troll does in other parts of the forum, but if he's going to come here and spread FUD for his own amusement or as the part of some personal vendetta against .tv domains he should be banned from this section. He adds nothing and pollutes everything he touches here.

•••
Troll Alert

Run Run Run, Run Folks Run.....The Troll has just been spotted again.

:p

•••
>>"You state you are " ... glad 99% of domainers hate the extension, ...." You shouldn't be glad about that, because domainers are what's keeping the vaporware floating.""

I stand by what I said, the more people who pay no attention to you and compete in my little world then the harder it is for me so Id be the first to agree "stay away from .tv , nothing to see here, move along everyone".

And the notion that domainers are keeping things afloat is frankly laughable as its pretty clear to me and Id guess most others here that notable .tv domainer - domainer sales are about as common as unicorn poo. There are however some tasty enduser sales every week and occasionally people hit it out of the park.
Lx

•••
Trying to insinuate that .tv is in danger of being taken back back by their government so they can use domains like golfen.tv for "serious business" is beyond ridiculous - it is close to a deliberate attempt to sabotage the domain and the investments NP members have made in it. He adds nothing and pollutes everything he touches here.

If I'm such a "troll" then you truly wouldn't be worried about me and my ability to "sabotage" your precious .tv investment. I'm not here to sabotage or hype anything. When you say, "He adds nothing ...," you're certainly mistaken. I add the truth. I realize some here, perhaps even you, don't care for the truth. In fact, you prefer that I be banned for repeating the truth. By the way, if anything I've stated as fact is indeed not a fact, please highlight my mistake(s). I'm waiting.]

If your .tv investment is in jeopardy by someone stating that .tv is the ccTLD for Tuvalu, and that the perversion of that ccTLD to mean "television" is merely marketing hype, then perhaps your investment is not entirely wise. Time will tell. Good luck to you, and don't forget to point out to us why the truth is not welcome here.

•••
No one is worried about your perceived abilities ……..it's just that you are repetitive troll that keeps on purposely trying to antagonise other forum members for your own amusement, i doubt any one on this forum would actually respect your views due to the way you act on a regular basis, you are wasting our time with troll tactics that show your real personality ….. hey there are .me and .co thread …go fetch …woof

•••
What has anything in the last nine posts got to do with the sale of Golfen?

It's all become one troll and a flurry of bait-led responses

If HeyNow wants to discuss the merits of .tv then could he please start a new thread and stop pissing on one guys great purchase.

•••
Too bad you missed my original post which merely offered congratulations to the seller and buyer for the golfen-dot-Tuvalu transaction. Nothing snarky, nothing negative, just positive energy about that sale. That post was deleted by the mods. Believe it or not.

I for one can't believe the mods deleted a post from someone at namepros with a reputation such as yours... ... and someone who so clearly isn't a complete dickwad douchebag. I think all posts should be allowed to stay from the excellent, to the good, to the bad, to the shit, and yours.

I don't suppose you were told this was going to happen? Maybe you forgot - maybe we should post repeated reminders in all these threads that you're not a twat.

•••
My view on sales thread comments is that one can congratulate the seller, perhaps mention that the domain was sold a little cheap, or if the sale was from VeriSign inventory or an expired auction one could state I'm surprised that name got bid that high. It does seem very much out of line to disparage the extension as worthless when obviously somebody is speaking with their wallet that it has value to them.

When I market a .TV domain and get a "How much?" response from an end user and they disappear when I quote $2500 that also speaks to how much that keyword .TV is worth to that end user. But that is an issue specific to that domain. This name sold so congrats again to the seller.

•••
Yep well said garptrader

congrats to the seller and buyer....

•••
I for one can't believe the mods deleted a post from someone at namepros with a reputation such as yours... ... and someone who so clearly isn't a complete dickwad douchebag. I think all posts should be allowed to stay from the excellent, to the good, to the bad, to the shit, and yours.

I don't suppose you were told this was going to happen? Maybe you forgot - maybe we should post repeated reminders in all these threads that you're not a twat.

Here's Merriam Webster's dictionary definition for "twat:"

usually vulgar

: vulva

I didn't write that definition, Merriam Webster did. You should be banned here for demeaning women and other member(s) here. Well mods, step up to the plate.

An interesting culture of the domain speculator/hoarder industry is the lack of tolerance for the truth, and the double standard when it comes to enforcing forum rules, like name calling and gender-bashing. The use of the word "twat" as used by "DU" shows a total disrespect for women.

•••
My post merely offered defense to you for the previous posts. Nothing snarky, nothing negative, just positive energy about your presence here. It would be sad if it was deleted.

As for the word twat. I was merely indicating that we should remind people not to use that term (not used as a reference to the vulva but in its more widely used form as a derogatory epithet) in describing you. You should feel welcome here. The same goes for dickwad and douchebag by the way.

Hope that clears things up. I will try as hard to protect you from harsh words as you do from people mistaking .TV for something it is not. You remind people that .TV is for an island in the pacific and I will remind people that you're not a knob end.

•••
I will try as hard to protect you from harsh words as you do from people mistaking .TV for something it is not. You remind people that .TV is for an island in the pacific and I will remind people that you're not a knob end.

You are doing the lord's work by spreading tolerance and understanding.

•••
i_love_tuvalu_place_mats-r2708e9842f1b452caa6b80b467be3c1e_2cfku_8byvr_324.jpg

•••
I read in the Snowden reports that the name Tuvalu is secret CIA code for anything to do with the 'visual internet'.
Don't know if it's true, but I do know that Tuvalu has never had a man on the Moon - which, of course, means that they can't be trusted - especially with domain names - and Snowden himself only uses normal domain extensions - like .archi (not any of those cctld's like .ru .us .uk or .de which, frankly, we can all see will end up eventually vaporizing, leaving late speculators holding many reg-fee only domains)

Forget the idea that .tv are run from Verisign - who are also doing a bad job with .com (Which we all need to be reminded actually/technically/fundamentally stands for Commercial and/or Communist)

I also concur with the idea from DU that it's nice to remind people every now and then that the OP is not a TWAT

(Which I thought stood for Trouble With A Troll)

Seriously - last post from me on NP until this idiot vaporises.
We have a troll who accuses the (so far) very tolerant and neutral admins here of fraudulent activity for their own benefit - then accuses posters like DU of sexism because they use a word that sounds female - yet still don't get banned - while at the same time manages to pollute every single thread about stuff that is important/useful for those who have a genuine interest in .tv and internet TV.

Yes .tv stands for TUVALU - we get it - but other than the Troll everyone else on the planet knows in the real world it stands for TELEVISION.

•••
I've seen quite a few companies using Spanish .Net domainsi for commerce (in cases where I own the .COM or a similar keyword .COM). I guess I need to send them a reminder that .Net is only supposed to be used for Networks.

•••
Seriously - last post from me on NP until this idiot vaporises. We have a troll who accuses the (so far) very tolerant and neutral admins here of fraudulent activity for their own benefit - then accuses posters like DU of sexism because they use a word that sounds female - yet still don't get banned - while at the same time manages to pollute every single thread about stuff that is important/useful for those who have a genuine interest in .tv and internet TV.

Yes .tv stands for TUVALU - we get it - but other than the Troll everyone else on the planet knows in the real world it stands for TELEVISION.

This "idiot" will point out your spelling shortcomings, such as "vaporises." Of course your fictional post also includes the allegation of me accusing the "neutral admins" of "fraudulent activity." Well, Einstein, I'm sure you'll post that example of my accusation regarding those "neutral admins."

You sound as if you're quite young, with little or no advanced education, willing to spew baloney out of your butt in the quest to malign others, or in this case, me.

If the mods here were indeed "neutral admins," you and that other twit "DU" would have been banned by now for bashing others and use of slurs.

Last edited:
•••
I think you get upset seeing these .tv sales knowing just 1 of them (even a low one) is more than you've made in your career? tv to people means tv. That's what they see. If they see me, they think me, not Montenegro, that's something only domainers would know, or care about.

If you got some poster board and wrote on it Wine.TV and walked around the mall asking people what TV meant to them, do you think even 1 would say Tuvalu? Or would that say TV/television.

Last edited:
•••
I think you get upset seeing these .tv sales knowing just 1 of them (even a low one) is more than you've made in your career? tv to people means tv. That's what they see. If they see me, they think me, not Montenegro, that's something only domainers would know, or care about.

If you got some poster board and wrote on it Wine.TV and walked around the mall asking people what TV meant to them, do you think even 1 would say Tuvalu? Or would that say TV/television.

yea for Heynow about.me site is obviously about Montenegro site

•••
well the OP is right, and there is no disputing that - .TV is NOT for television
in disguise or otherwise
it is/was and always will be for marketing and sales and of course promotion of self [not this self]

however....regardless of personal views, and attacks on forum members [cough - hello mods]

it is for Tuvalu

but as domainers and adults, have we really not moved past this shit?
everyone has an opinion - respect it!

•••
There's a big difference between having an opinion and hijacking others' threads and persisting with arguments that have nothing to do with the original post in order to set some sort of personal agenda.

Talk about respecting opinions.

•••

As forge said, there's a difference between having an opinion and constantly spamming every .tv sales thread with the same regurgitated 'tv is for tuvalu and tuvalu is sinking or going to take back .tv domains' posts.

It's not participation, it's blatant trolling. Boards usually have a standard for this type of thing. The more they let it slide, the less people stick around and use the board. Some people take advantage of this kindness for their own enjoyment and to the detriment of everybody else.

So in the name of "respecting opinions" troll weeds are allowed to grow and the board is allowed to die.

How does namepros or its membership benefit from one person coming into every .tv sales thread and posting minor variations on the same fud every single time?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back