Dynadot

.ca Dot CA Discussion, Sales, and Showcase

Spaceship
Watch

whitebark

Part-Time ZombieVIP Member
Impact
Domains For Next MyID .ca Auction

These are the upcoming domains and reserve range for the next/current myid.ca auction:

666.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Acrobats.ca ($251 - $500)
affordabletrips.ca ($251 - $500)
AirportRentals.ca ($1001 - $1750)
albertabyowner.ca ($251 - $500)
BridalOnline.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Broke.ca ($5001 - $7500)
CanadianDrugStores.ca ($501 - $750)
CanadianTennis.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CarStore.ca ($1001 - $1750)
CheaperFlights.ca ($101 - $250)
CraftSales.ca ($501 - $750)
DiscountTours.ca ($1001 - $1750)
DivorceTips.ca ($501 - $750)
DownloadFreeRingtone(s).ca ($2 - $100)
DUILawyers.ca ($1001 - $1750)
EasyIncome.ca ($751 - $1000)
EcoVoyage.ca ($251 - $500)
EngineeringCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
Enlargement(s).ca ($751 - $1000)
ExoticHolidays.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FashionOnline.ca ($2501 - $3750)
Fertiliser.ca ($1001 - $1750)
FitnessJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
FlightSearch.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Freebies.ca ($7501 - $10000)
FreelancingJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
FurnitureLiquidation.ca ($751 - $1000)
GayBlog.ca ($251 - $500)
GayCanada.ca ($3751 - $5000)
HealthGuide.ca ($1001 - $1750)
HearingAids.ca ($7501 - $10000)
Hired.ca ($7501 - $10000)
HockeyGame.ca ($1001 - $1750)
homegardens.ca ($251 - $500)
HowToDance.ca ($501 - $750)
iBlogs.ca ($751 - $1000)
InternetHelp.ca ($251 - $500)
InternetPhones.ca ($1751 - $2500)
JFK.ca ($1001 - $1750)
JointVenture.ca ($2501 - $3750)
KitchenWare.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Lake-Ontario.ca ($1001 - $1750)
LogosOnline.ca ($501 - $750)
Mask.ca ($3751 - $5000)
MontrealLaser.ca ($251 - $500)
MontrealTravel.ca ($1001 - $1750)
MusicJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
NutritionJob.ca ($751 - $1000)
OakvilleFlowers.ca ($501 - $750)
OnlineCoupons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
OnlineDates.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineGaming.ca ($2501 - $3750)
OnlineStock.ca ($751 - $1000)
OnlineStocks.ca ($751 - $1000)
OrganicStore.ca ($1751 - $2500)
PharmaceuticalCareer.ca ($751 - $1000)
PizzaRestaurant(s).ca ($101 - $250)
PrivatePilots.ca ($501 - $750)
ProFootball.ca ($251 - $500)
QuebecHoneymoons.ca ($1001 - $1750)
RollerBlading.ca ($5001 - $7500)
SaskatoonRealtors.ca ($101 - $250)
SelfImprovement.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Sensual.ca ($10001 - $15000)
Shareware.ca ($15001 - $25000)
SingleChristian.ca ($251 - $500)
SmallJob.ca ($1001 - $1750)
SNN.ca ($251 - $500)
Snores.ca ($1751 - $2500)
SportsStore.ca ($501 - $750)
TechJobs.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TeddyBear.ca ($1001 - $1750)
Theme.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TNN.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputer.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoComputers.ca ($251 - $500)
TorontoDentists.ca ($2501 - $3750)
TravelAuction.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UniqueGifts.ca ($2501 - $3750)
UsedHouses.ca ($251 - $500)
UsedLaptops.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Valuable.ca ($501 - $750)
VancouverHomeForSale.ca ($101 - $250)
War.ca ($1751 - $2500)
Women.ca ($50000)

I can see a number of these getting picked up - there a few others I'm surprised they accepted the high reserve and can't see selling because of it. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like a really easy to use domain management system with whc

Transfer codes show up right in the account and unlocks are easy. Of course, I haven't followed the process through, but it appears straight forward.

•••
Here's what I don't like:

I understand that WHC will attempt to renew my services automatically prior to their next due date unless I request otherwise.

To turn it off (I just LOVE how they keep calling it CANCEL like a threat), while clearly admitting you cannot "cancel" domains in this way.:

To Cancel a Domain Name

Domain names can not actively be cancelled. Instead, the can be set to not renew automatically at their expiry date.

1. Log in to the Client Area at https://clients.whc.ca
  2. In the top menu, click on Domains > My Domains
  3. If you have more than one domain, click on the one you wish to cancel
  4. In the left-side menu, click on Auto Renew Settings
  5. Click on Disable Auto Renew
  6. If you have any renewal invoices already issued for the domain you are cancelling, this process will normally cancel an open invoice. If this is not the case after you have completed the above-mentioned cancellation process, please submit a written request with your invoice number so that our staff may review and adjust it manually.

•••
Bought 7 domains I'd been mulling over from past TBRs, and we'll see what happens.

But no way is it as hassle-filled as when I first signed up with Rebel years ago and their "can't disable without contacting Support and getting tough" auto-renews that hit 45-day prior to the registration date. :wtf::bigtears::xf.eek:>:(:muted:

Last edited:
•••
Is WHC the only one having a special?

Domain-sale-(420Gangsta.ca).jpg

•••
A real sale, yep, as others like Webnames are offering .CA for $8.99 or something.

•••
A real sale, yep, as others like Webnames are offering .CA for $8.99 or something.
Yeah, been seeing similar prices in my other "Black Friday" emails...hoping live long enough to see that kind of a deal for renewals..

•••
Reg’d a couple to try them out.... don’t see forwarding option

•••
My disable auto renew was in the “with selected “ dropdown box below.
Selected domains then clicked on that to go to disable auto renew

•••
whc transferring .cas at $9.99CAD + GST. anyone lower?

Last edited:
•••
don’t see forwarding option

Me neither and that's a pretty big issue.

I'll look around, but if you find out anything let us know.

•••
Okay, for URL forwarding on WHC.CA, it's quite convoluted, as its obvious their entire system is designed around hosting and the domain side is basically featureless.

1) Manage Domain - then hit Advanced DNS Manager
2) You need to activate Domain Manager Basic (it's apparently free)
3) Use Domain Manager Basic to forward URLs
4) You need to Activate the DMB feature for every domain you own.

:xf.cool::xf.cool::xf.cool:

Quite the user-friendly system, huh?

•••
Gave up and just parked but thanks, It is very odd ....convoluted does describe it

•••
Hi All,

I have globalmba.ca

I am getting about 20-25 hits a day at Sedo (no clicks), all from the US and UK. There are no referring links.
How can I find out why I getting these hits? How can I find out who to try and sell this domain to?

Thanks,

Danto

•••
You can't and that is Sedo's data, which their brokers probably use to market domains.

Personally, I would LOVE to figure out why one of my .CA domains has gone crazy, with almost 4K per month for both October and November, and rising.

Last edited:
•••
I've been using Sedo's new sales landers (with no ads), and my traffic jumped tenfold since making the switch.... but Sedo confirmed its due to bot traffic which essentially renders all stats worthless now...

That said, it's nice to see such high traffic (especially on the landers themselves), and maybe it could lead to more sales... but i haven't ever had much luck with Sedo... Almost all of my sales are via Godaddy/afternic even though I have everything parked at Sedo... I dare guess its simply because people know Godaddy (and trust buying from Godaddy) That's my experience at least... and it's making me consider parking most (if not all) of my domains at afternic/godaddy.... What do you guys think?

•••
I've been using Sedo's new sales landers (with no ads), and my traffic jumped tenfold since making the switch.... but Sedo confirmed its due to bot traffic which essentially renders all stats worthless now...

I use URL forwarders to my individual Sedo sales page, not the nameserver-based landers, which are really just internal Sedo webpages subject to mass bot searching and cataloging. Your lander is just one more Sedo page on the Google/Bing/Yahoo/Russian Mob bot cycle.

Forwarding is the only way you can get even semi-realistic traffic numbers.

Last edited:
•••
I use URL forwarders to my individual Sedo sales page, not the nameserver-based landers, which are really just internal Sedo webpages subject to mass bot searching and cataloging. Your lander is just one more Sedo page on the Google/Bing/Yahoo/Russian Mob bot cycle.

Forwarding is the only way you can get even semi-realistic traffic numbers.

I think i understand.... Does that mean you only get "offer views" and no "uniques"?

•••
I think i understand.... Does that mean you only get "offer views" and no "uniques"?

I get to view (at my Registrar) the number of click-throughs and also a total number of buyer views at Sedo, but what I really meant is that your "search sales page" inside of Sedo is not an actual webpage, it's just an automatically-generated https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=XYZ.com link, as opposed to a lander, which is a parked page (except with no ads) and is easily bot-searchable and cataloged by the various search engines and other nefarious outfits.

Parked pages are true webpages, and thus always have higher-than-reality "clicks" because of Bots hitting it day and night, making it impossible to judge potential buyer demand.

So if you want actual traffic numbers, forward the domain to the Sedo https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=XYZ.com link from your Registrar, as that will give you actual type-ins + Sedo buyer clicks. Not Bots there, or an extremely limited number of them compared to a sub-page parked on Sedo.com.

Last edited:
•••
I get to view (at my Registrar) the number of click-throughs and also a total number of buyer views at Sedo, but what I really meant is that your "search sales page" inside of Sedo is not an actual webpage, it's just an automatically-generated https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=XYZ.com link, as opposed to a lander, which is a parked page (except with no ads) and is easily bot-searchable and cataloged by the various search engines and other nefarious outfits.

Parked pages are true webpages, and thus always have higher-than-reality "clicks" because of Bots hitting it day and night, making it impossible to judge potential buyer demand.

So if you want actual traffic numbers, forward the domain to the Sedo https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=XYZ.com link from your Registrar, as that will give you actual type-ins + Sedo buyer clicks. Not Bots there, or an extremely limited number of them compared to a sub-page parked on Sedo.com.

-
posted link seems to be a dead link

•••

Thanks. That's what I thought you meant but never thought of doing it that way... I guess you can't see which countries the traffic is coming from with that set up, can you? What registrar lets you see the number of click throughs?

-
posted link seems to be a dead link

That was just an example, with the XYZ.com at the end.

To see the difference, first try visiting iWeed.ca

Then try visiting https://sedo.com/search/details/?domain=iweed.ca

•••
A very late and truncated (blame the teachers strike) TBR Weekly .CA Picks for December 4 is finally online:

The .CA numbers increased to almost 9,000 domains, but most of the premiums were in the 3-letter category. Even many of the single-words that looked good are actually toss-backs from last year that will certainly jog your memory back to old TBR lists. In the end, we’ve whittled the Top Picks down to a quartet of LLLs featuring...

Read All About It!

•••
•••
That's a very nice price and certainly one to promote for future .CA sales.

And to think the original owner didn't think it had a "ghost" of a chance to hit that price. :woot:

•••
Late to the party, so I didn't participate. But I saw someone bid $1,100 for something on the Namespro.ca TBR interface today. Is there a big name being dropped today?

•••
TEL.ca or SCN.ca are the only two I can think of.

And the earliest hit for NamesPro was 81, so they obviously didn't get what they wanted.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back