robert widener

Established Member
Impact
Go to Icann WhoIs & use the search bar there

No Matter what @Joe Styler tells u
Domain FrontRunning is real

I'm just saying 💬

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

I'm just saying 💬
if your desired domain is available go to your fave registrar & register it right then & there .... ( IF by chance u do search at your registrar ) & it's available to reg Do not wait because if by chance u want time to think about it & you come back & find outs it's been regged you'll only kick yourself in the ass for waiting

You've been WARNED boys & girls
I'm just saying 💬

Last edited:
•••
if your desired domain is available go to your fave registrar & register it right then & there .... ( IF by chance u do search at your registrar ) & it's available to reg Do not wait because if by chance u want time to think about it & you come back & find outs it's been regged you'll only kick yourself in the ass for waiting

You've been WARNED boys & girls
I'm just saying 💬
🤣 I betcha a Million 💵's @Joe Styler gave me a dislike

•••
•••
I think you are wrong about this one. Not a fan of Godaddy, but they aren't doing this.

•••
What domain did you search?

•••
Last edited:
•••
I think you are wrong about this one. Not a fan of Godaddy, but they aren't doing this.
GoDaddy is one of the worst offenders of Domain FrontRunning

I'm just saying 💬

•••
Just don't search for names unless paying for them on spot.

•••
The safest way is create a Wordpress website install Wordfence and there is a WHOIS in tools, use it safely because even ICANN has limits and spying morons, and I assure you that every registrar see what you searched for.
They make money from what people think, search, write, chat, video, watch etc.

Last edited:
•••
Seriously, how do you think that works??

There are thousands of users searching for domain names at a time.

If "the system" you are talking about would work automatically, how would it filter / based on what??

Act, such a system could search for free domains on its own,

no need to wait for domainers to search & find a free domain name.

Then again, you need to filter:
do you take dictionary words, or other generic words??

Too much brain f*ck, boys & girls....

•••
It's far more profitable to be selling shovels rather than digging gold.

•••
The safest way is create a Wordpress website install Wordfence and there is a WHOIS in tools, use it safely because even ICANN has limits and spying morons, and I assure you that every registrar see what you searched for.
They make money from what people think, search, write, chat, video, watch etc.
One whois is the same whois as every whois as whois is whois. The front runner doesn't need to be associated with registrar.

Last edited:
•••
One bad scenario is clean up your browser and find a trojan.

•••

If "the system" you are talking about would work automatically, how would it filter / based on what??

This. Surely waiting for someone to type a domain name into their search bar would be one of the most inefficient ways to frontrun?

Edit: However, I was thinking of something similar when trying to backorder a few domains the other day...

Last edited:
•••
•••
There's little to no incentive whatsoever for a registrar to do domain front running. That doesn't mean that there are individuals out there what are somehow able to watch searches performed at certain registrars. Or they're looking at your wifi signal.

That brings up the time when a friend of mine told me that he was sitting in a restaurant and there was a loud group of guys at the next table. They were discussing a new website and business they were starting. They all decided on a name for the business and website. My friend opened up his laptop and registered the domain names they had discussed.

What you should be more concerned about (rather than domain front running) is the number of people who are filing for trademarks but NOT buying the associated domain name. And the people who are seeing those TMs being filed and registering the associated domain names. The TM owner wants the domain name, it's taken now, and the current registrant wants $1,000-3,000 for the name, less than it costs to file a UDRP.

•••
There's little to no incentive whatsoever for a registrar to do domain front running. That doesn't mean that there are individuals out there what are somehow able to watch searches performed at certain registrars. Or they're looking at your wifi signal.

That brings up the time when a friend of mine told me that he was sitting in a restaurant and there was a loud group of guys at the next table. They were discussing a new website and business they were starting. They all decided on a name for the business and website. My friend opened up his laptop and registered the domain names they had discussed.

What you should be more concerned about (rather than domain front running) is the number of people who are filing for trademarks but NOT buying the associated domain name. And the people who are seeing those TMs being filed and registering the associated domain names. The TM owner wants the domain name, it's taken now, and the current registrant wants $1,000-3,000 for the name, less than it costs to file a UDRP.
If your going to start a business & trademark the name it'd be wise to get the domain name to ( preferably before applying for a trademark )

Common Sense never hurt anybody ...... u know what I'm saying dude 💬

•••
1673425382550.png

I just find this review (May 05, 2022) and it's says: Alleged Domain front-running :xf.wink:

•••
•••
•••
I don't see why this would be the case.

Like people have pointed out. There are thousands of people searching for available domains every day, most of which aren't even purchased at the end of the day. And the only way this would be profitable is if they could reliably sell the domain at a higher price.

When you take these factors into account it seems extremely unlikely they could turn a profit off of this. Not only are the vast majority of unregistered domains worthless, if the potential buyer didn't go through with the $20 purchase (or whatever outrageous prices Godaddy are charging) why would they spend $100, or $1,000 on that same domain a day later? You don't have to look further than the impulse purchases people make to figure out that most people wanting to flip domains don't know what they're doing.

And keep in mind that Godaddy would have to pay for these domains too.

To me it seems like one of those baseless conspiracy theories, where something went wrong with the search and it listed a registered domain as unregistered, and the next day later that's corrected.

@robert widener I'm assuming that you think you got screwed over on a domain you looked up. Could you post it so we can check it in the Whois database to make sure that it was?

Last edited:
•••
Like people have pointed out. There are thousands of people searching for available domains every day, most of which aren't even purchased at the end of the day. And the only way this would be profitable is if they could reliably sell the domain at a higher price.
Like for real, people think that the people wanting to spend $15 are going to spend $2000 on the domain.

And everyone conveniently forgets, that the real money cow of the domaining industry for registrars are the expired auctions in which all proceeds go to them.

•••

I'm just saying 💬
i've known this for a long time. this is no joke. its real like death is real!

•••

I'm with Centauri and Astner on this. I think GoDaddy has bigger fish to fry. That being, the names that are already regged, if any.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back