IT.COM

Don't message me about a comment you don't like

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Made a comment in the reg of the day thread......

See below the DM message I got because of what said...

1. Dont want you to think im upset but next time you can pm anyone and say all kinds shit about someone including me and know one knows any different but on a public thread is just wrong. Ty for your honesty though. Have a better day.

The Durfer, 23 minutes agoReport

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

2. NickBWales.orgVIP
    New
    I'm assuming this is to do with my post in the reg of the day section?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/your-reg-of-the-day.528260/page-1848#post-8095921

"Explanations are all well and good but i am really struggling to see real world business applications for a lot of these domains....

I like the guy, friendly, polite and comes across as a nice person but a lot of these names are going to struggle to sell imo.....

Again just my opinion......hope I'm wrong"

I don't PM people unless it is for specific advice/ opinions from seasoned professionals

This is a public forum, I have the right to share my opinion, be it right, wrong or however someone takes it.....

If you take it personally then tough shit.........imo

I have half a mind to share this message because it seems you are chasing likes, social approval rather than constructive feedback....

Do not message me again unless it is for a business transaction......however unlikely that may seem....

Keep chasing those likes, regging and whatever you think is right.......just leave me out of these messages

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This pissed me off.......post it publicly if you don't like what I say...dont message me trying to hide behind some public persona......

If I'm wrong tell me on the thread, we can agree to disagree....or not...or work it out...

I only DM if I have a genuine question, looking for advice/opinions.....not to bitch about a comment....

•••
No you dont have any decency obviously. Read the note. Im saying you wouldnt get in trouble with admin if you would pm someone to talk bad about them. No comment is a good comment on the reg of the day thread. Its not for opinions anyway positive or negative. I asked admin to remove the positive comment also.

And how is thanking you for your honesty bitching. Last time i checked thanking people was a good thing. Are we even reading the same english? Must be because im a yank. oh well.

Last edited:
•••
You @The Durfer have the audacity to bring race/country reasoning (or lack of) into it on the last DM you sent me?

"No problem. Weird to know how much someone doesnt like you by a slip of the thread. Is it a vendetta for something or just because im american? Ty"

Blocking your self pretentious ass.....

•••
You @The Durfer have the audacity to bring race/country reasoning (or lack of) into it on the last DM you sent me?

"No problem. Weird to know how much someone doesnt like you by a slip of the thread. Is it a vendetta for something or just because im american? Ty"

Blocking your self pretentious ass.....
thank you again... Life goes on, anyway, whatever your problem is with me.

•••
This is a public forum, I have the right to share my opinion, be it right, wrong or however someone takes it.....
Then here's mine ;) To me, this seems unnecessary on both sides. Of course you should have the "right" to share your opinion. That should even be welcome. Personally, I think your comment is right about the names being difficult to use in real life. I don't really see why the "reg of the day" thread would be closed to commentary/opinion. And it's a rather good thing to point out to someone, IMHO.

On the same note, The Durfer has the "right" to send you a DM with HIS opinion. You can always just ignore it (it would probably have been the end of it), or there seems to be a "mute" button on the right upper corner. Funnily enough, you're reacting pretty much the same way as him, and doing what you don't like he did (ok, it was in private, so what? His problem was that it was public, yours that it's private. Funny ;) )

•••
Please tell me which domains so i can delete them. Ty.

•••
Especially these 2: "camelteer.com (a camel driver) - pandalet.com (made up mini panda)"
This one doesn't seem very easy to use either: "nonestablishment.com"

Delete? What, from the thread you mean? Like this was important, or even had any use (on the contrary! At least with Nick's comment following them).

•••
Camelteer is a real dictionary word.

Pandalet is made up of a very popular keyword panda.

Nonestablishment has to do with the youth of the time having a website to protest on.

•••
What about my other ones like token.ist and crypto.cyou are those awful too? :)

•••
These 2 seem nice and usable. I like the first one.

•••
With the benefit of hindsight and re reading through my comments I have over reacted

@The Durfer I apologise some of the wording I used was uncalled for

I will try and keep it more professional in the future........though occasionally I do fail at this

•••
all folks to make the world hehe

Last edited:
•••
all folks to make the world go round

me I once called someones avg domain well ... avg... and now I'm stuck watching his bs dislikes in my activity log for most stuff I post. . of course he the only doing it..

some folk is just born different in special ways
It was a difference of opinion, I can easily move on and admit to being a tad over aggressive -

I do remember posting quite a while back I would not comment on people's domains, I think (could be wrong though) I have stuck to that until yesterday......not worth the bother, especially when I go off on one :xf.smile:

Saying that I did post recently about a list of luxury domains and made a flippant remark about the .horse one.......oops :xf.laugh:

Hard not to do it on a domaining forum......

Last edited:
•••
People comment on threads not truly delegated for discussion or comment all the time. Just report it if you feel its rude.

The thread that too many think is a chat room is the report your sale thread. Its not for gab, same questions over and over or commentary. Someone didn’t tell you their life story? Take the clue— they gave info they wanted to.

As far as this spat, like or dislike is all the comment a reg of the day needs. Clutter is not needed. PMing someone who has made a comment you don’t like is just asking for a fight. You both have a bit of blame.

•••
i apologize for the misunderstanding of what i was saying, not that you shouldnt use the pm that way. Anyways, i do have some crappy domains with my gems. Makes the gems look better. lol. :)

•••
i apologize for the misunderstanding of what i was saying, not that you shouldnt use the pm that way. Anyways, i do have some crappy domains with my gems. Makes the gems look better. lol. :)
Its all good 👍

I have some dog sh*t names as well 😉

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back