IT.COM

Don't EVER use POOL

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Badger

Ravaged By AgeVIP Member
Impact
I have bought 8 names via Pool in my time, some for nearly $1000 a time

Obviously, pool do not act as the registrar and when you are successful you get told who the actual registrar is..

Some time ago, a name i had bought and subsequently sold got hijacked back by one of these moody registrars and between the new owner, myself and John Berryhill it took us a good couple of months to get it back.

Now, another name (which i still have) has mysteriously changed registrars. And i do not have any relationship with the new registrar, my site is down and they show as the owner.....

Go contact Pool and they do not care... Simply saying "contact the registrar". I say the registrar has changed since you acquired the name for me and they say "well, that happens sometimes".....

Are you kidding me....! The registrar changes........ Hows that possible...

Heed a warning people, if you do use Pool, get the name out of whoever they appoint as fast as you possibly can.....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Ian,

Can you list the name of the particular offending registrar(s) that have (or you suspect) are the culprits?

•••
one thing you can do:

after pool picks up the domain, check whois to see which registrar got it. if its someone you're willing to work with, then go ahead and bid. if not, then just let it go.

•••
nicholas said:
Hello Ian,

Can you list the name of the particular offending registrar(s) that have (or you suspect) are the culprits?

Yeah, first one was that old favorite dodora (though thank the lord they are no more)..

the second name was acquired by namescout and i had control, now it appears to be held by BBulk (whoever they are). Now i dunno if they are resellers of namescout but fact of the matter is, i had control, now i dont...

Dodgy registrars suck.... bt......

•••
Thanks Badger.

As a matter of fact, I actually have a recent domain from Pool that was acquired by Namescout. So as you can probably imagine, I should be in the early stages of sweating bullets.

Thanks for the warning-- that's quite the eye opener.

--N.

•••
Badger said:
Heed a warning people, if you do use Pool, get the name out of whoever they appoint as fast as you possibly can.....

^ Agree 100%, IMHO. :blink:

I have now successfully "pulled" (transferred in to my Enom Reseller account) all (none at NameScout, fortunately) domains from various Registrars within the Pool system ... and life has been good! Of course, I had to wait the standard 60 days and really felt uneasy, frankly, until the "pulls" were completed ... sorry to hear of your pains! I fretted over this constantly within that time-frame, truly. :guilty:

All the best!
-Jeff B-)

•••
ahh the pain of RG NAMES -_-

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back