IT.COM

showcase Domains You Won at Auction or Closeout

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact

This thread is to share domains you've Won at Auction or Bought at Closeout

Closeout = After auction but before completely dropping from registrar and before going into redemption.

I *HIGHLY* suggest to post only after the domain is transferred *INTO* your account!

Go here if it's a domain you bought that was available at anytime for "hand registration": Your Reg of the Day
Go here if it's a domain you snapped / "drop-catched" after "Pending Delete": Your Snap of the Day

Feel free to disguise the domain like Slash // dot // com or any o|t|h|e|r w a y you want.
IMPORTANT: *If* someone does disguise their name, please respect them by quoting them directly, or copy/paste them directly.

Things to optionally include (or just simply post the domain name):

1. What you paid for the domain(s), or the price range, or no price info at all.
  2. Any information, reasons or hard data (traffic, CPC, etc) that lead you to buy the domain(s).
  3. Where (or who) you acquired the domain from.
  4. How many other bidders there were.
  5. Whether the domain was "expired" or not.
  6. Whether the domain was at "closeout" or not.
  7. The history of the domain.
  8. What you see the domain being used for.
  9. Who a potential buyer could be.
  10. Anything else you want to share .. these are just possible ideas not "rules" ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also bid on that domain, but the price was just too high for me.

Great domain as there are many transportation and logistics companies with that name in central and northern Europe.
Yeah - the only problem with these kind of domains is that you get a lot of low ball / not that serious offers that waste a lot of your time.

I also have LIVE // CANVAS // dot // com
...almost every day I have to waste time explaining why I will not give it up for the very generous $100.
This was won for ~ the same price as NORD // TRANS - that's why it came into mind and I'm mentioning it now.

•••
Yeah - the only problem with these kind of domains is that you get a lot of low ball / not that serious offers that waste a lot of your time.

...almost every day I have to waste time explaining why I will not give it up for the very generous $100.
This was won for ~ the same price as NORD // TRANS - that's why it came into mind and I'm mentioning it now.
I definitely think it's worth more than what you paid, but I'm not sure you'll get 10x your money (which is what I shoot for).

•••
@UXela FYI, I just tried to visit Nord // Trans with Chrome browser. I get a warning message saying there's malicious software (or however it would translate to English).

•••
It's not yet set up for sale.
Probably the ex-owner had some sort of security issues or played with some nasty stuff. It will fade in a while after I change the NS.
Thanks for the heads-up anyway!

•••
These are all brandables, all from GD expired auctions or closeouts.
I've also mentioned why I got the name and where I think they could work when considering re-sale

JUNKEX dot com
(think of this as the Fedex of junk removals...)
NUTRIVOX dot com
(I love Latin inspired names and this one means "voice of nutrition", an obvious food / nutrition / supplements / wellness business.)
OVULUS dot com
(assisted fertility is here to stay and this would be a great brand name in that field)
PINDICA dot com
(I just liked this as it sounded like a mash-up between "Pin" and "Indicate")

•••
HowSoonCanYouStart // dot // com
I REALLY love this saying domain for a staffing/recruitment agency. Despite being a bit longer it really is the perfect and most memorable domain!

TempAgency // dot // org
Another solid staffing/recruitment domain! Exact match to what most people actually call recruitment agencies.

PerfectHairDay // dot // com
I really like this one because it can not only be for a hairdresser .. but also for an actual hair product.

WasabiPaste // dot // com
I like this one not just because it's a popular product .. but because there is a lot of controversy about it .. most of the "Wasabi" we consume at Sushi restaurants actually isn't Wasabi but horseradish combined with a few other things. Actual Wasabi is a very premium product so definitely opportunity for online marketplace of the real stuff (or the fake stuff .. both work .. lol)

NOIR // VR // dot // com - cool VR related brandable
NORD // TRANS // dot // com - a lot of transportation going on in the north of... whatever

I like these ones .. particularly Live // Canvas! :)

NUTRIVOX dot com
OVULUS dot com

Really like these 2 as well. Good job pulling out some great brandables from the mix gang .. they most certainly aren't all created equal .. not even close! :)

•••
DaVinciSolar // dot // com
This is a monster solar name associated with one of the old time masters of technology. Extremely happy to have gotten this one!

ElectroMoto // dot // com
Electric bikes and scooters are the future of urban displacement. They keep getting more and more popular.

22h30 // dot // com
10:30pm in French .. I like time domains as I've seen a couple used for TV shows (mainly news).

Ajexo // dot // com
Another strong clear radio friendly 5L.

•••
I snapped direction//tv
The only tv name I have

•••
I forgot that I recently acquired cureset and grapesy all in kings from dynadot auction. Thanks

•••
California // Pavement
Indiana // Paving
Indiana // Asphalt
Illinois // Asphalt
Nevada // Asphalt

Grabbed all of these not too long ago in .com

I had shared a whole bunch of similar State + [Construction] type domains a couple weeks back on my daily lists. I don't really have too many Geo domains .. but have grabbed a small number lately just to test the waters. Only interested in doing so for cheap acquisition .. and obviously only for super strong keywords in cities/territories with large populations. Construction is booming .. and old infrastructure is crumbling everywhere so things like asphalt and pavement will be in demand for a long while yet! :)

•••
California // Pavement
Indiana // Paving
Indiana // Asphalt
Illinois // Asphalt
Nevada // Asphalt

Grabbed all of these not too long ago in .com

I had shared a whole bunch of similar State + [Construction] type domains a couple weeks back on my daily lists. I don't really have too many Geo domains .. but have grabbed a small number lately just to test the waters. Only interested in doing so for cheap acquisition .. and obviously only for super strong keywords in cities/territories with large populations. Construction is booming .. and old infrastructure is crumbling everywhere so things like asphalt and pavement will be in demand for a long while yet! :)

Nothing concrete, but I could see you getting mid to high xxx each. :xf.grin:

•••
A bit light on the auctions lately :)
Got this:

LIGHTER // ME // dot // com

•••
G*E*N*I*T*A*L*S* //.org//
This one's nice hahahaha...

GD closeouts is my fav place to buy domains.
F/i/l/e/g/a/p dot com (sold )
Decoyl ~com
Ticapp ~com
Appbloc ~com
TechDN ~com
Fundz ~org
Economic ~me
are few of them

Last edited:
•••
•••
HireMyDog // dot // com
Lots of pet casting agencies all over. I really love this one because it's memorable and simple .. and most importantly .. it's very clear what it's about. Even more important that that .. I actually have the cutest dog in the world! You can check him out at www.SteamieTheHotDog.com ! :)
It's thanks to him and our huge walks that I've probably listened to every Domain Sherpa podcast at least 3-4 times now!
SAM_3789 (640x480).jpg

Copyright - www.SteamieTheHotDog.com :)

LipoToronto // dot // com
Toronto is now the 4th largest city in North America (behind Mexico City, NYC and LA) .. combine that with Liposuction being one of the most popular elective surgeries and I like my chances with this one! :)

ThisWeekInMusic // dot // com
I used to run one of the biggest club music communities in the world around the turn of the millennium .. and while the music industry is only a fraction of what it was (excluding live performances) .. people still love music and want to find the latest and greatest tunes. I like this one .. I'd develop it myself if I had time and had the same interest as I did ay back when (I haven't DJ'ed in over a decade .. still have 40 crates of vinyl .. lol)

Nothing concrete, but I could see you getting mid to high xxx each. :xf.grin:
lol .. nice one! ;)

F/i/l/e/g/a/p dot com (sold )
Already sold? Nice .. what was your turnover time?

•••
Already sold? Nice .. what was your turnover time?
Yes. Sold on sedo. I don't remember but it's less than a year... maybe 7-8 months.

•••
Core/Protocol/com

For some reason really, really liked it.

•••
ParthenonTravel // dot // com
The Parthenon in Greece is huge tourist attraction. I love this brand as it could be focused on the Parthenon itself; Travel to/from Greece .. plus it's such a well known term that it's also a strong generic travel name for just about any travel agency.

ImproveYourReputation // dot // com
Reputation repair and management is a really big deal these days. Whether it be celebrities or politicians or CEO's .. all are willing to pay big $$$ for such services!

SocialMarketing // dot // biz
Trying to limit my non-.com's overall .. but when I find an absolutely monster term relevant to a decent TLD I won't say no. I don't think I even need to say anything about Social Marketing .. killer key-term! :)

•••
Grow/ Domestic /com

Was happy to that one sitting in CO, yesterday!! hahaha.

•••
DontLoseData // dot // com
Cloud data backup services and other data security services are HUGE business. I really like this memorable marketing name!

TrustTheExpert // dot // com
Another powerful marketing name. Trust is one of the biggest factors and obstacles when trying to make sales. The one is just about perfect in that regard! :)

AnimePros // dot // com
Anime is a giant niche with extremely devoted fans. Add a simple Pros to the end and the name certainly is strong enough to have demand.

DigitalCurrencies // dot // biz
Crypto all the way .. Digitial Currencies essentially is THE keyterm describing the industry after "Crypto". Certainly a term strong enough to still have interest in a non-.com.

•••
VERY // NUDE // dot // com
ADULT // SCREEN // dot // com - 21 yo

:unsure: don't know what these could be used for - do you?

Last edited:
•••
Just purchased a typo by accident :xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry::xf.cry:

•••
@Josh R - don't beat yourself up
There are many really successful brands that have a "typo" name.

•••
@Josh R - don't beat yourself up
There are many really successful brands that have a "typo" name.
This is a typo + a TM...

I'll probably just delete the name as soon as it hits my account. Huge waste of money.

•••
You can push it to me :)
Just out of curiosity - can you PM me the name?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back