Dominion.Domains

Domains You Won at Auction or Closeout (in your account)

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by Ategy.com, Nov 16, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. drewwash

drewwash Established Member

Pickups Week of February 25th
    • CATowing.com
    • WebWorkers.com
    • VideosOnDemand.com
    Pickups in 2 of 4 auctions, CATowing.com was private purchase.

One of the losses was an epic session for Vape.net which I valued at $22k and went for $30k. :-/

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. teper

teper Established Member

Recently acquired. What do you think?
    [​IMG]

3. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Closeout acquired: FactOrNot.com

In the era of fake news and troll factories, more than ever the truth matters...

4. D Haynes

D Haynes Active Member VIP

Picked up Valuers dot net.

Not a huge fan of .nets but the .com space is soooooo much more expensive than it used to be that's it's too much for a hobbyist like me.

Thinking I might move into lesser extensions and cctlds instead.

5. UXela

UXela Active Member VIP

T/A/N/O/M // dot // com
    DIRTY // BUCKET // dot // com

6. DrJacoby

DrJacoby Established Member

Tynka [dot] com – My first brandable domain (and also an asteroid).
    FixedLifeInsurance [dot] com – Valuable EMD for insurance agents.

7. UXela

UXela Active Member VIP

I/W/E/L/A // dot // com
    RED//EEL // dot // com
    R/A/D/I/J/S // dot // com

8. Premiums

Premiums Top Broker

FYI: 10.co.uk and 10.uk should has the same registrant

9. gina ferrano

gina ferrano Established Member

GD closeouts
    x e n i v o // dot // com (brandable)
    e n a j o // dot // com (brandable)

10. MR Harrist

MR Harrist Established Member

multilingualwebmaster(.)com and
    southerntextileresearch(.)com

11. DavidH

DavidH Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I do not own the .co.uk name, which is why there are two different registrants.

12. Premiums

Premiums Top Broker

The right to a .UK falls to the equivalent qualifying .co.uk, .org.uk or .me.uk domains which were registered prior to October 28, 2013. When there's more than one equivalent domain, the right will fall in order of priority: .co.uk, .org.uk, .me.uk. Owners of qualifying domains have 5 years (until June 10, 2019) to exercise their rights.

13. RGkiiing

RGkiiing Established Member

Las/ Vegas/ jeweler in king

14. TrueDN

TrueDN Active Member VIP

Scryption
    in king

15. urljunky

urljunky Upgraded Member Blue Account VIP

SalesFl.com
    4Austin.com

16. Ategy.com

Ategy.com Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Haven't posted much here lately as I've been super busy recovering from my PC (aka Windows) disaster as well as completely changing/upgrading my processes for making my lists of expiration auctions and $5 closeout domains (the names aren't any different .. lol .. just that my new way of doing things is much more efficient and will allow me to find more names in less time). Anyhow .. here are a few more ..

Ckill // dot // com
    I try to stay away from alternate spellings "brandables" .. with the exceptions being when they are very short and based on an extremely strong keyword/term. You can't get much stronger than "Skill" .. if ever I was going to actually put a name on BrandBucket (not something I necessarily recommend), it would be something like this.

SponsorTech // dot // com
    Sponsorships are huge business. I really like this combination. Of all the possible variations to "Tech", this is the only one I'm usually open to even considering. Anything with "Tec", or "Tek" will always lose traffic to "Tech" .. as such I think this is a great one! :)

Ruxxu // dot // com
    Nice pattern 5L. Sounds cool and looks cool. Every now and then one like this passes through unnoticed and if you can get it cheap it's a no brainer! :)

Nivvy // dot // com
    Same as above pretty much.

CashCoin // dot // biz
    Under 1% of my names are .biz .. and I think they are all strong single keywords. Got this one as it seemed like a very strong crypto term (left of dot). Obviously the .biz is nowhere near the .com .. but I'm making a guess it's still enough to make it interesting to at least a few people!

When I started this thread I backtracked about 3 months. So it actually looks like a lot more than it actually is. I'm actually buying much less than I used to. I really like London Caterer .. however just be careful with London domains if traffic stats are the biggest factor in your decision:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/suspicious-domain-data-at-auction.1032173/#post-6317629

I like this one for exactly the reason you give! For some reason once I cross a video like this on youtube I somehow end up losing an hour of my time! lol

The Ultra one is one of those domains that likely won't see an offer for years .. and then all of a sudden you'll get a 5k offer out of the blue (which you better accept .. lol).
    The tape one makes me think of a tape product you use to help you paint in corners. although admittedly I have no clue if that's a thing .. or even a thing that would ever be needed!?

I'm really trying to avoid .net these days as I think at this point it's at the level of the better AltTLD's .. that being said .. when I do like it .. it's when it's used for it's natural niche, which is more technology related. So in this case with the Geek it does hold context. Certainly not a horribly buy if you got it cheap or at closeout! :)

Couple of very strong ones. As long as you didn't bid too high these are excellent domains in your portfolio! :)

I'm guessing it's a nice one .. lol .. I seem to recall seeing a few .org crypto sales, but I'm not 100% to be honest. Would be a fantastic .com for sure.

17. DavidH

DavidH Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

That's right, but since we are nearly four years after the .uk extension was introduced, increasing numbers of the .uk names have been registered by the rights holder and then maybe sold or expired, so got separated from the original rights owners, which is how one registrant owns the .co.uk name and I own the .uk name.

18. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Established Member

G*E*N*I*T*A*L*S* //.org//

19. Haris

Haris Best Domainer Of The End-Times VIP

hahahaha.

20. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Established Member

lol if I can't flip this to a plastic surgeon ..I'm done :dead:

21. USMC

USMC Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

C/R/Y/P/T/O/V/I/S/O/R (.) com

22. Ategy.com

Ategy.com Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

TranscriptionMedia // dot // com
    Tons of potential transcription services out there who would love this domain! :)

LoveGator // dot // com
    I just love the fun contrast in this name. An Alligator Cupid makes for a really fun logo as well! lol

Jabelle // dot // com
    While I'm almost against full name domains (obviously unless it's your own), I really REALLY like first (or last) name domains. As well as names that really seem like they actually could be a name as is the case here.

PakistanMarketing // dot // com
    An entire country of over 200 million people "Marketing" name .. seriously no brainer to grab this one! :)

I really like these types of domains .. certainly one of the better ones from my daily lists .. I might have grabbed this myself (the fact I actually remember it says something .. lol) .. but have been brutally busy with combination of real world job, dog walks, recovering my PC/data (Surprise fresh Windows install that was just supposed to be an "upgrade" according to 4-5 different Microsoft techs I talked to) as well as completely revamping my list process from scratch (I'm approaching "Deity Expertise Level" in Excel .. lol) .. so haven't been grabbing much lately. Glad you got it! :)

On the fence with this one. It's like I might be ok with Valuers in com .. and maybe Valuer in net .. but the plural in net is a little more of a longshot. I definitely do understand what you mean about pricing though. I do like single word/term non-com's .. but usually just the base form of the word. Although even Value dot net would be expensive. I prefer good 2 word .com's over 1 word deviation/one-off non-com's .. still many great ones out there at good prices! :)

I like these 2 the most .. although I think you're stretching the "colour/animal" combination a bit with "Eel" .. lol .. but still .. I think Eels are a little more front of mind in non-western societies and "Red" is one of the best colours for branding .. so I think you got a good one there! :)

Always good to get domains with multiple appeal. So while Tynka could be a little confusing with a more obvious spelling of Tinka, the fact it's an asteroid makes it a rare case where the "Y" is likely a bit better than the "I"

I've always tried to stick to 5 letters for my brandables .. but every now and then I do grab slightly longer ones if they are phonetically clear and strong. I hated it over $50 .. but I like it at closeout (or close to it) pricing!

23. maxtra

maxtra Upgraded Member Gold Account

America // Prescriptions // .com

Taken in many extensions, and two great keywords. Thought it was a great bargain at closeout. :)

24. DrJacoby

DrJacoby Established Member

I don't want to take away your joy, but I don't think it's taken in any extensions. And I don't think the two keywords work together. What does it mean?

25. maxtra

maxtra Upgraded Member Gold Account

With more than half of Americans taking prescriptions, I think it is pretty self explanatory. :)

Americadrugs.com and Canadaprescriptions.com sold for $5000. :)

For only $25, it is a great bargain IMO and I am more than willing to take that acquisition. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Regards.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!