Dynadot

advice Domains sold on GoDaddy/Afternic lander but registered at Namecheap less than 60 days ago.

NameSilo
Watch

richardcoogan

Established Member
Impact
Hello

Does anyone know what happens when a .com domain is purchased on a GoDaddy/Afternic lander, but the domain was registered at Namecheap less than 60 days earlier (and thus locked to Namecheap for that 60 days).

I'm thinking it's one of the following:
a) The domain can only be transferred (Namecheap --> GoDaddy) after the 60 day initial lock; or
b) The domain can be pushed to GoDaddy/Afternic's account on Namecheap (who will then push it to the buyer's Namecheap account); or
c) The Afternic Fast-Transfer network somehow allows transfers within the initial 60 day domain registration.

Thanks folks!

--Richard

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good afternoon Richard.

Not exactly my area of expertise but I'll have a go anyway.

Some registrars can lift the 60 day lock but may only do so if you make a specific request. I'm sorry that I don't know exactly which ones will do this as I haven't had experience of this situation before but I'd say contact support and at least ask the question.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Rgrds,

Reddstagg

•••
Hello

Does anyone know what happens when a .com domain is purchased on a GoDaddy/Afternic lander, but the domain was registered at Namecheap less than 60 days earlier (and thus locked to Namecheap for that 60 days).

I'm thinking it's one of the following:
a) The domain can only be transferred (Namecheap --> GoDaddy) after the 60 day initial lock; or
b) The domain can be pushed to GoDaddy/Afternic's account on Namecheap (who will then push it to the buyer's Namecheap account); or
c) The Afternic Fast-Transfer network somehow allows transfers within the initial 60 day domain registration.

Thanks folks!

--Richard
Probably b). I sold a domain today that was under 60-day lock. It was registered at GoDaddy, so I pushed it to Afternic's GoDaddy account.

I would guess they have accounts at all the major registrars.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Reddstagg & DrJacoby :)

--Richard

•••
it depends on the buyer, mostly they will wait until the lock period is over

•••
Afternic would ask for the auth code to transfer out. You can contact NameCheap support and ask them if it's possible to unlock the name before the 60-day lock period. Most likely, it's possible. Please let us know how it goes.

•••
afternic would do the legwork ,thats what you pay them for press 4 transaction assured is you get a godaddy moron from the overflow pool hang up and try again

•••
Back